Ellington worth

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
AZLions
Captain
Captain
Posts: 866
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Ellington worth

Postby AZLions » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:58 am

Would Ellington be worth a 1st rounder in a 14 team league? If so what range 1st should I be looking for?
Team 1
32 team duplicate player IDP
QB- D.Prescott, J.Goff, C.Kessler
RB- L. Fournette, C. McCaffrey, B.Cunningham, K. Farrow, D. Lasco, Jonathan Williams
WR- M.Evans, Corey Davis, R. Lewis, C. Peake, B. Ellington, D.Smelter, T. Sharpe, M. Thomas(LA), P. Turner
TE- C.Walford, S.Anderson, A.Hooper
DT- S. Marks, M. Collins, D. Irving
DE- M. Edwards, B. Graham, C. Reid, N. Spence
LB- M. Jack, P.Brown, E. Harold, B. Heeney, P.Mcphee, W. Young, J. Perry, N. Vigil, T. Davis, D. Campbell
CB- A. Bouye, J. Norman
S- S. Williams, C.Pryor, J.Tartt, A.Amos, M. Killebrew, K. Byard
1.25, 1.39, 1.40, 2.09, 2.25, 2.36, 3.13, 4.05, 4.28, 5.01, 5.16, 5.32, 6.01

User avatar
Underachiever
Captain
Captain
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby Underachiever » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:07 am

His current January ADP is right around 45, which in a 14 team league would be in the 4th round. Which is about the same as an early first rd rookie pick. (1.01 usually lands in the mid to late 3's in start ups) So I'd have to say he is worth at least the 1.04 just according to ADP stats.

Personally, id rather take a shot with any Rookie 1st rd back, and that is coming from a Cardinal Fan.

AZLions
Captain
Captain
Posts: 866
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Re: Ellington worth

Postby AZLions » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:29 am

Underachiever wrote:His current January ADP is right around 45, which in a 14 team league would be in the 4th round. Which is about the same as an early first rd rookie pick. (1.01 usually lands in the mid to late 3's in start ups) So I'd have to say he is worth at least the 1.04 just according to ADP stats.

Personally, id rather take a shot with any Rookie 1st rd back, and that is coming from a Cardinal Fan.

Would the fact that he is on a 4 year contract at only $820,000 a year change your mind as far as trading him? The cap is 117,500,000.
Team 1
32 team duplicate player IDP
QB- D.Prescott, J.Goff, C.Kessler
RB- L. Fournette, C. McCaffrey, B.Cunningham, K. Farrow, D. Lasco, Jonathan Williams
WR- M.Evans, Corey Davis, R. Lewis, C. Peake, B. Ellington, D.Smelter, T. Sharpe, M. Thomas(LA), P. Turner
TE- C.Walford, S.Anderson, A.Hooper
DT- S. Marks, M. Collins, D. Irving
DE- M. Edwards, B. Graham, C. Reid, N. Spence
LB- M. Jack, P.Brown, E. Harold, B. Heeney, P.Mcphee, W. Young, J. Perry, N. Vigil, T. Davis, D. Campbell
CB- A. Bouye, J. Norman
S- S. Williams, C.Pryor, J.Tartt, A.Amos, M. Killebrew, K. Byard
1.25, 1.39, 1.40, 2.09, 2.25, 2.36, 3.13, 4.05, 4.28, 5.01, 5.16, 5.32, 6.01

User avatar
Underachiever
Captain
Captain
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby Underachiever » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 am

He has four years left? Whoa Nelly, thats a long time to have him locked up, as in, probably his entire productive years. If he stays healthy and plays like he did when healthy last year, and is locked up for that long, he is worth 1.04 or better. If you can get one of the first two picks (Gurley or Gordon) then I would probably do it in a heart beat, but replacing a starting RB with that much time left on his Contract would be hard for me to do unless I a.) didnt need him or b.) really needed Amari Cooper.

I wouldnt trade him if you foresee yourself ending up with either of the two Qbs, but thats a different convo all in itself.

User avatar
bpatrick
Starter
Starter
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby bpatrick » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:34 pm

AZLions wrote:
Underachiever wrote:His current January ADP is right around 45, which in a 14 team league would be in the 4th round. Which is about the same as an early first rd rookie pick. (1.01 usually lands in the mid to late 3's in start ups) So I'd have to say he is worth at least the 1.04 just according to ADP stats.

Personally, id rather take a shot with any Rookie 1st rd back, and that is coming from a Cardinal Fan.

Would the fact that he is on a 4 year contract at only $820,000 a year change your mind as far as trading him? The cap is 117,500,000.
That is a pretty attractive salary. Is the 1.04 have a higher salary than that? I would think the salary makes Ellington attractive to an owner that does really like him. But, I think if you can get a high pick for him make the move.
Team #1: 12 team, (1 QB 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, DEF), PPR (0.5/1/1), 22-player roster

QB: Newton, Foles, Carr
RB: Hill, TRich, Taliaferro, A Williams, D Williams
WR: AJ, Gordon, Benjamin, M Bryant, Jennings, C Hogan, Austin, Dobson, Janis, D Carter, C Washington
TE: Graham

Team #2: 12-team, (1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, DEF), PPR (0.5/1/1), 25-player roster

QB: Ryan, Bridgewater
RB: Forte, Ellington, Forsett, Hill, Bush, Taliaferro, Cunningham
WR: Megatron, Julio, Gordon, A Johnson, VJax, CPatt, Colston, D Baldwin, C Hogan, Charles Johnson
TE: Gronk, Witten
IR: C Palmer, K Moreno, T Gaffney

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby VinceB128 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:38 pm

Same vein with Ellington's worth. My team is below.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Teddy Bridgewater
RB: Ellington, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Carlos Hyde, LaGarrette Blount, Doug Martin, Charlie Sims, Denard Robison
WR: AJ Green, Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Terrance Williams, Andre Holmes, Devonte Adams
TE: Travis Kelce, Coby Fleener, Vernon Davis

I want to add another top WR because of injury concerns that bit me again at the WR position. I have a potential (not firm) offer of DeAndre Hopkins for Ellington. In a vacuum, I do this deal in a heartbeat, but I'm worried about what it would leave me at RB. We only have to start one (2WR, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex). I have guys I can start obviously, but nothing that rises to a RB #1 level just yet.

I also have the #2 overall draft pick, so Amari Cooper, Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley are in play for me as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

User avatar
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12678
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:40 pm

VinceB128 wrote:Same vein with Ellington's worth. My team is below.

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Teddy Bridgewater
RB: Ellington, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Carlos Hyde, LaGarrette Blount, Doug Martin, Charlie Sims, Denard Robison
WR: AJ Green, Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Terrance Williams, Andre Holmes, Devonte Adams
TE: Travis Kelce, Coby Fleener, Vernon Davis

I want to add another top WR because of injury concerns that bit me again at the WR position. I have a potential (not firm) offer of DeAndre Hopkins for Ellington. In a vacuum, I do this deal in a heartbeat, but I'm worried about what it would leave me at RB. We only have to start one (2WR, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex). I have guys I can start obviously, but nothing that rises to a RB #1 level just yet.

I also have the #2 overall draft pick, so Amari Cooper, Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley are in play for me as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Trade Ellington for Hopkins (throw in a late round pick if needed to get it done), and then draft Gordon/Gurley at 1.02.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Tannehill
RB: Christian McCaffrey, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Tyler Lockett, Darius Slayton
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce, Dawson Knox, Ian Thomas | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Darwin Thompson, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 3.08 | 2021 Picks: 1st

User avatar
Underachiever
Captain
Captain
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby Underachiever » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:41 pm

dont care what your team looks like, Take Nuke for Ellington

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby VinceB128 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:04 pm

Thanks guys. Made the offer official and we'll see if he accepts or wants a late round pick with it.

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:02 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby Billy McFred » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Yeah I had Ellington last season (before he got hurt or sucked) and I traded him for Dez somehow straight up. I didn't want to do it b/c my RB's sucked but you can't pass up value like that. Turned out to be a pillaging of epic proportions.
12 team, 0.5 PPR, 18 keeper, 25 roster spot, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
Notable Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.06

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
RB - Hyde, Latavius Murray, Gio Bernard, Bryce Brown
WR - Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Ellington worth

Postby DLFiend » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Your league is terrible.

Billy McFred
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:02 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby Billy McFred » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:58 pm

DLFiend wrote:Your league is terrible.
Just making the point that you should take value when it presents itself, don't worry about what you need.
12 team, 0.5 PPR, 18 keeper, 25 roster spot, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
Notable Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.06

QB - Big Ben, RGIII
RB - Hyde, Latavius Murray, Gio Bernard, Bryce Brown
WR - Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Allen Robinson, Charles Johnson, Stedman Bailey, Justin Hunter, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson
TE - Eifert, ASJ, Amaro

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Ellington worth

Postby VinceB128 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Got the deal done. Eli and Ellington for Hopkins.

User avatar
guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1442
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Ellington worth

Postby guyatwork37 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:55 pm

A steal. Well done.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot], pmart33 and 8 guests