T West Value...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

T West Value...

Postby SpartyOn » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:38 pm

The West owner in our league wants a third for him, I offered the 3.06. Thoughts? I think its a good buy.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: T West Value...

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:41 pm

SpartyOn wrote:The West owner in our league wants a third for him, I offered the 3.06. Thoughts? I think its a good buy.
Meh, Crowell is the better back and T West seems more interested in making Instagram videos. 3.06 isnt bad, but I'd rather take a shot on another prospect this year.

highplainsdrifter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby highplainsdrifter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Get West. That's a good deal. Even as Crowell's backup, he still possesses value as a handcuff. And he will be used there as a rotational player at the bare minimum. And he'll be given every opportunity to win the starting job next year.

Rookie RBs, especially ones that come from little schools like Towson State, think they're going to set the world on fire. They think they can outrun guys and get to the edge or juke guys into big misses, but they can't. It's the NFL. The learning curve is great. And by many accounts, that is part of West's problem with the staff there in Cle, hence they like the more straightline, one-cut hole buster in Crowell. But West has that ability as well and without the off-the-field problems Crowell has had.
Your 2021 Tiananmen Massacreres
QB Joe Burrow, Matt Ryan, Famous Jameis, Zach Wilson
RB Kamara, CEH, Drake, Conner, A.Collins, Chris Evans
WR AJ Brown, Hopkins, A.Cooper, Mike Williams, Jeudy, Waddle, Kirk, Callaway
TE Pitts, Gronk, Parham
K Butkicker
DEF Mia, Minn, Buf, Car

hbomb
Rookie
Rookie

Postby hbomb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:24 pm

I would be buying West for a 3rd. At worst he is a good handcuff, at best be is a starting RB with Shanahan.
10tm HPR SF - Start 9 - Year 9 Champion
Murray, Tagovailoa, Cousins, Winston, Ben
JT, Jacobs, Mixon, Dillon, Edwards, Mcfarland, Kelley, Mitchell
Evans, Cooper, DJ Chark, Claypool, Davis, M. Williams, E. Moore, Hamler, DPJ
Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki, Everett

10tm HPR HPFD SF - Start 9 - Year 1 Runner-up
Murray, Stafford, Cousins, Jones, Lock, Bridgewater
Mixon, Akers, Henderson, Dillon, J. Williams, Edwards, Pollard
Jefferson, DJ Moore, Lamb, Claypool, Reagor, Davis
Kittle, Andrews, Hockenson

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:57 pm

only big difference between he and crowell is the td's west had 3, crowell 8 or so i believe. both averaged 7 or 8 pts a game. both had around 150 touches and both were around 600 yds. i live in ohio and listen to alot of cleveland talk radio, and it seems that the browns want west to win the lead back roll. which is apparently why they keep screwing around with him. they are looking to motivate him is what im hearing. ive said all along that this backfield is a mess and its anyone's guess how it plays out. thats still my stance. this could look like a huge steal a year from now, or it could be just another prospect taken with a mid 3rd. i do think that crowell has had the opportunity to win the job while they play around with west, but he just hasnt looked that good himself. his only decent game came against the falcons who have a mediocre to poor run defense. he rushed for 90 yds and 2 tds.

highplainsdrifter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby highplainsdrifter » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:21 am

Yes, I agree with the above poster. It seems the staff in Cle want West to win the job. They seem to be giving a lot of tough love to him. While I think Crowell has more natural running ability, West is superior in other areas like pass pro and in the passing game to where he may emerge as the better all around back. We've seen young runners like Crowell flash early but never pick up the nuances of the game. That's why I still favor West and definitely do not get the people who are so down on him. I think it's too much reading of Rotoworld, etc, and not watching the actual tape.
Your 2021 Tiananmen Massacreres
QB Joe Burrow, Matt Ryan, Famous Jameis, Zach Wilson
RB Kamara, CEH, Drake, Conner, A.Collins, Chris Evans
WR AJ Brown, Hopkins, A.Cooper, Mike Williams, Jeudy, Waddle, Kirk, Callaway
TE Pitts, Gronk, Parham
K Butkicker
DEF Mia, Minn, Buf, Car