Poll: C Patt worth the risk?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick a side

C Patt
45%
2016 first (projected late) + Latimer
55%

Total votes: 20

dubl29
Rookie
Rookie

Poll: C Patt worth the risk?

Postby dubl29 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Looking to get C Patt for team in sig. (In rebuild). Please vote!
The Tuna Turner Spelling Institute:
12 Team Non-PPR Dyno Standard Scoring w/6pt pass TDs *No WW* (QRRWWWTF)

QB: Winston, Kizer, Beathard
RB: Gurley, Cook, Miller, Hyde, Ingram, Dayes, Malcolm Brown, Clement, McNichols, E. Hood
WR: Evans, A. Cooper, B. Cooks, Alshon, C. Davis, DT, Treadwell, L. Fitgerald, Golladay, K. Wright, Chad Williams, Trent Taylor, J. Hunter
TE: J. Reed, C. Brate, J. James, Ladarius

joeymags220
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Poll: C Patt worth the risk?

Postby joeymags220 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:28 pm

I'd rather take CPatt. I still believe he will become good. I think everyone was just a year too early. Latimer's value could totally change depending on who Denver keeps this off season and if Manning retires before Latimer even gets good work.
@jojolmags on twitter................... jojomagsff.wordpress.com
**Just do what will make you happy, it's Fantasy after all.**

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Cordarelle. Give him some time, he's just a victim of off-season over hype. New coach, new system, new OC, new quarterback. Everyone knew he was a raw talent, so he's still learning and has plenty of time to grow into the player people think he can be.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Prime Lark Voorhies wrote:Cordarelle. Give him some time, he's just a victim of off-season over hype. New coach, new system, new OC, new quarterback. Everyone knew he was a raw talent, so he's still learning and has plenty of time to grow into the player people think he can be.
If everyone knew that he wouldn't have been drafted in the mid-2nd of startups this past summer.

Give me the pick and the upside of a true WR in Latimer. Latimer is going to be a part of a much better offense moving forward, and that offense will still be the real deal even after Peyton as Latimer will get single coverage with DT and JT having safeties roll their way. Welker is gone and I could see Latimer dominating the middle of the field next year, while we are still wondering when CP will be able to run a route past 6 yards.

The pick will only gain value as well and can be used to upgrade in the future even if you don't plan on using it to draft a guy.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:47 pm

I was on the CPATT hype train this year. However he has shown me none of the growth that I vehemently argued he would this year. He's a gimmick player. I'd take the 1st and latimer.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:04 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote:
Prime Lark Voorhies wrote:Cordarelle. Give him some time, he's just a victim of off-season over hype. New coach, new system, new OC, new quarterback. Everyone knew he was a raw talent, so he's still learning and has plenty of time to grow into the player people think he can be.
If everyone knew that he wouldn't have been drafted in the mid-2nd of startups this past summer.
People jumped the gun. it happens all the time. The jury is still out though. He's a second year receiver with a lot of football ahead of him

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Prime Lark Voorhies wrote:
flyersfan1981 wrote:
People jumped the gun. it happens all the time. The jury is still out though. He's a second year receiver with a lot of football ahead of him
Just b/c people jumped the gun doesn't mean he will get there eventually. Wasn't Stephen Hill a 1st Round pick in rookie drafts as well? He was raw and supposed to figure it out eventually...is he even in the league?

The point is that he has shown so many warts this year beyond those expected growing pains that I would rather have a shot on a guy who is getting the best tutelage in the league on how to be a professional receiver and will be in a better offense. The pick easily sends this over the top even if you just use it to flip for an upgrade elsewhere anyway.

I want my WRs to have value as receivers, not gimmick players who also return kickoffs.

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Hill had a lot more red flags than Patterson. I think it would be a mistake to write off a receiver like Patterson after his second season. I like Latimer, he's a much different case as a receiver. I think you risk selling low if Patterson blows up going forward

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Prime Lark Voorhies wrote:Hill had a lot more red flags than Patterson. I think it would be a mistake to write off a receiver like Patterson after his second season. I like Latimer, he's a much different case as a receiver. I think you risk selling low if Patterson blows up going forward
Well of course there is risk, there always is. But I can just as easily say you missed the opportunity to buy Latimer if he blows up next year. Or you missed your opportunity to sell CP if he turns out to be the dud that he has been this year. Even if CP blows up, this is still a decent deal for Latimer and the first as you would have to totally miss on both. I think two chances of future production are better than one, personally. But I know there are a lot of people who love CP's athleticism. And if you spent a 2nd round startup pick or the equivalent in trade then this would be selling low, I agree...but if you hold this might be the best you ever get...risk on both sides.

Winston, Wentz
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

Rivers, Wilson
Ertz, Kittle

Rodgers, Bortles

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
1.02/1.10