Kaepernick for Cutler

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
craig_p_g
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Kaepernick for Cutler

Postby craig_p_g » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:47 pm

That's all very interesting since 2 dynasty writers including one on this site thought it was a fair offer because Kelce is not worthless. He's more valuable than those 2 running backs for sure.
12 team IDP(start 2 at each level) with salary cap - start 1 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex, 0.5ppr with TE premium

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Murray, Miller, Sankey, David Johnson, Matt Jones
WR: Bryant, Beckham, Cooks, Cooper, Allen Robinson, Latimer
TE: Gronkowski, Kelce, Ebron
K: Haushka
DL: Griffen
LB: Kendricks, Jenkins, Telvin Smith
DB: Rolle, Weddle

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:10 pm

craig_p_g wrote:That's all very interesting since 2 dynasty writers including one on this site thought it was a fair offer because Kelce is not worthless. He's more valuable than those 2 running backs for sure.
OH - you mean that 2nd-string TE for KC who just had microfracture surgery? The same Kelce who's sitting behind Anthony Fasano? And was hurt both of his last two years in college? And got kicked off his first college football team for drugs? Who has Alex Smith throwing him the ball?

What has he done in the NFL again? Oh. That's right. Jack $hit.

Compare to Bryce Brown who is a 24 year-old stud RB who's going to take over full-time carries when either F-Jax/Spiller get hurt. Oh, did I mention that they're both free agents at the end of this season and that Buffalo's coaching staff calls more running plays than any other team in the league? And that they traded what's probably going to be a 3rd round pick to get Brown? The same Brown who has shown AP-lite potential during his short run in the league? Not to mention F-Jax who was a low-end RB1/high-end RB2 in most leagues last year.

PLUS! You're asking for a 1st? Even using your asinine logic:

Kaepernick > Cutler
Kelce > F-Jax/Brown

And you think a 1st round pick is going to bridge the supposed "gap" between those players? :lol:

Not only that, you come on here and start acting like a jackwagon and arguing with people b/c they told you your offer was stupid?

:clap:

craig_p_g
Role Player
Role Player

Postby craig_p_g » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Bryce Brown is a stud running back now? Such a stud that Philly barely let him touch the football last year. Unbelievable. Kelce will definitely not be behind Fasano when the season starts as long as he's healthy. Fred Jackson won't even be in the league next year.
Last edited by craig_p_g on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team IDP(start 2 at each level) with salary cap - start 1 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex, 0.5ppr with TE premium

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:15 pm

craig_p_g wrote:Fred Jackson won't even be in the league next year.
That's the point.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:17 pm

craig_p_g wrote: Kelce will definitely not be behind Fasano when the season starts as long as he's healthy.

I can tell you're not very familiar with NFL TE progression. That's OK. But you have to accept the fact that Fasano will play a decent amount and start over Kelce in 1-TE sets. Especially since Kelce's not a very good blocker (yet).

Fasano's on a 4-year deal bro - he's not going anywhere for a while. And Kelce's lower body is literally falling apart.

*the more you know*

craig_p_g
Role Player
Role Player

Postby craig_p_g » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:24 pm

That's interesting since I've seen plenty of projections that have Kelce firmly in TE2 range for the season. Fasano had 0 impact in that offense last year when he was on the field.

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:36 pm

You lost all credibility when you stated that Kelce is more valuable than Bryce Brown. Jimmy G has covered it pretty well and provided some valuable info - maybe you should be thankful instead of lashing back with your own close-minded (and unfounded) opinions.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:37 pm

craig_p_g wrote:That's interesting since I've seen plenty of projections that blah blah blah
Cool. I once saw a lot of projections that the world was going to end in 2012. It's June 29th, 2014.

Projections mean nothing, especially in June. We don't know what the coaches' plans are for any player at the moment - especially a rookie TE.

Kelce hasn't played a single NFL snap and you're already crowning him as somehow being equivalent to two proven players, both of whom have more real life and future fantasy value than Kelce. Not to mention Kelce's more serious, myriad flaws (microfracture, drug use, etc).

Remember - last year around this time Daryl Richardson was projected to be the Rams 2013 starter for the whole season, CJ2K was projecting that he was going to rush for 2,000 yards again, fantasy experts everywhere were projecting another solid RB1 season from Rice (despite there being the writing on the wall).

craig_p_g
Role Player
Role Player

Postby craig_p_g » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm not the one talking In absolutes here. To say that Bryce brown will for sure have more future value than Kelce doesn't even make sense. Are you psychic? In merely pointing out that there are people that think he can have an impact in that offense.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:47 pm

If you just drop the 1st from this deal I think it's petty fair. Kansas City is looking for a playmaker at the TE position and I think they give Kelce every chance to fill that role. Fasano just isn't that guy. Brown has potential but comes with questions(ball security) as well. And some may prefer a younger running QB like Kaepernick. So all and all sans the 1st, this is a close deal.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:50 pm

craig_p_g wrote: Bryce brown will for sure have more future value than Kelce
Hmm. You tell me - what holds more value: A dynamic, young starting RB on a run-first team or an injury-prone drug using TE stuck behind Anthony Fasano is a moribund passing offense.

You're right - "projecting" Brown to be the starter in Buffalo is guess-work. But if you understand and analyze what they gave up (and what they've subsequently said about Brown since the trade) you'd see my point.

craig_p_g
Role Player
Role Player

Postby craig_p_g » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:56 pm

I can see a path for Bryce brown as buffalo's starting rb for sure. He just hasn't hasn't looked the part to me yet I. His career. Talented no doubt.

Calroid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Calroid » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:44 pm

A probable middle of the round 2015 1st > Kaepernick and Travis Kelce IMO.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:03 am

make the 1st a 2nd and that would be the least i'd take.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:11 am

craig_p_g wrote:So I made a guy this offer. Kaepernick and Travis Kelce for Cutler, Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown and a 2015 1st which should be mid-late. Am I asking too much?
Even without the 1st as part of the trade I would rather have the Cutler, FJax and BB side - and Kaep is my #1 mancrush.