Trade up for 1.01

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Trade up for 1.01

Postby spillertime » Sat May 10, 2014 1:34 pm

I now own the 1.01 in all my dynasty leagues but one. I obviously have to get that pick. Problem is, this entire league is full of Clemson Fans, unlike most of my other leagues full of Gamecocks.

Help me get that pick DLF.

Team Sir Calvin in sig

I give: 1.05, 1.09, Jordan Cameron, 2.09

I receive: 1.01

Does this get the job done?
Sir Peyton 12 Team • 5th Year • Non PPR
2010: 8th | 2011: 11th | 2012: 2nd | 2013: 4th | 2014: 1st

QB1 Peyton RB1 Miller RB2 Ellington WR1 Thomas WR2 Hopkins WR3 Watkins TE1 Gronk
Reserves QB Someone Shitty RB Spiller, Mathews, Sankey WR Marshall, Fitz, Nicks, Landry, Richardson, Randle TE Walker

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Trade up for 1.01

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:43 pm

It should but you are giving wayyyy to much.

The 1.05 will be odj or cooks.
The 1.09 will be a decent guy too. (Kelvin Benjamin perhaps)

A top 4 tight end who is unquestioned top target on his team and another pick.

Not a chance I give that up for Watkins. If you want Watkins wait. He is going to struggle mightily this season. Terrible qb and probably if he starts doing well will get double teamed every play considering their next best options is the incredibly mediocre mike Williams.

If you desperately want Watkins wait and deal for him in week 8. His hype will long have died done and the owner will be looking to sell.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat May 10, 2014 1:48 pm

I would try LGreen and 1.05 or maybe even LGreen and 1.09
Take advantage of the hype on players you own not the guys who have proven they deserve the hype
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:54 pm

The gentleman above just stated a much more fair and reasonable offer for Watkins.

If you can do that I would say go. Giving cameras the 1.05 and 1.09 to me is nuts
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman

RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault

WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder

spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby spillertime » Sat May 10, 2014 1:56 pm

schiewerma21 wrote:It should but you are giving wayyyy to much.

The 1.05 will be odj or cooks.
The 1.09 will be a decent guy too. (Kelvin Benjamin perhaps)

A top 4 tight end who is unquestioned top target on his team and another pick.

Not a chance I give that up for Watkins. If you want Watkins wait. He is going to struggle mightily this season. Terrible qb and probably if he starts doing well will get double teamed every play considering their next best options is the incredibly mediocre mike Williams.

If you desperately want Watkins wait and deal for him in week 8. His hype will long have died done and the owner will be looking to sell.
My league is full of Clemson fans, every single one of them.
His hype will not die down, if I'm gonna get him it's gotta be now.

I can see by your response in the other thread that you don't like Watkins situation. As I responded to you in the other thread, I think Watkins has one of the better situations, at least for this year as he will likely be the ONLY rookie wideout starting off the year as his teams WR1. Hell, there might not be another rookie who even starts for his team this year.

spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby spillertime » Sat May 10, 2014 1:59 pm

maxhyde wrote:I would try LGreen and 1.05 or maybe even LGreen and 1.09
Take advantage of the hype on players you own not the guys who have proven they deserve the hype
Ladarius Green and 1.05 or 1.09? I'm sorry but that is laughable and would have been laughed off in every league I made an offer for 1.01.

I recently put up a topic on here trying to trade 1.05 and Christine Michael for 1.01 and most people told me I'd have to trade 1.02 and Michael or maybe even 1.02 and 1.05 in order to make them consider.

spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby spillertime » Sat May 10, 2014 2:02 pm

It's just crazy how everyone's values have changed since the draft. The 1.01 value has seem to decrease dramatically on this board!!

I guess I should have waited til now to trade for all those 1.01's. :wall:

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat May 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Spiller time onviosuly I don't know your league so I can't comment.

But if you think no other we will start that is crazy.

Evans (obvious)
Benjamin (who else?)
Marquise lee (obvious/who else)
Odj (has more talent in his left toe than randle)
Jmat (traded up for a reason, but I can see it possibly)
Cooks (again traded up for a reason but I can see it)

I like Watkins. Long term you can argue he will be the number 1 pick. But not next year.

Now again every league is different, but I play in VERY ACTIVE leagues. Where Rodgers, Martin, McCoy, aj green ect get moved. So many trades.

Sammy will be a huge trade chip in my leagues next year due to his underperformance. Someone looking to sell high others looking to buy low.

That's why I wouldn't pay for him. Again my 2 leagues for dynasty are likely different than yours so I can't say you are "right or wrong per say" if you don't feel you can trade for him then that certainly changes the question

spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby spillertime » Sat May 10, 2014 2:16 pm

schiewerma21 wrote:Spiller time onviosuly I don't know your league so I can't comment.

But if you think no other we will start that is crazy.

Evans (obvious)
Benjamin (who else?)
Marquise lee (obvious/who else)
Odj (has more talent in his left toe than randle)
Jmat (traded up for a reason, but I can see it possibly)
Cooks (again traded up for a reason but I can see it)

I like Watkins. Long term you can argue he will be the number 1 pick. But not next year.

Now again every league is different, but I play in VERY ACTIVE leagues. Where Rodgers, Martin, McCoy, aj green ect get moved. So many trades.

Sammy will be a huge trade chip in my leagues next year due to his underperformance. Someone looking to sell high others looking to buy low.

That's why I wouldn't pay for him. Again my 2 leagues for dynasty are likely different than yours so I can't say you are "right or wrong per say" if you don't feel you can trade for him then that certainly changes the question
I just don't understand why you think Watkins will underwhelm this year when he will likely be force fed the ball in Buffalo. Likely a bunch of quick screens and slants, something Manuel CAN do (if he stays healthy). I don't play PPR but I can only imagine how big he will be in that format.

I'm predicting 140+ targets with 70-80 catches for 1,000+ yards. I think that is easily obtainable (if healthy) and definitely will NOT underwhelm by any rookie standards.

Jynxed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Jynxed » Sat May 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Considering what Blackmon and Gordon both have done with crap qb situations I find it funny people are discounting Sammy for it.
24 teams, 40 roster spot/40 Keeper, PPR, QB passing td's 4pts all other td's 6
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 4DB, 3LB, 3DL
QB:R.Wilson,Tannehill, M.Moore
RB: D.Martin, M. Lynch, M.Ball, L. Dunbar, M.James
WR:E.Sanders, TY Hilton, V. Cruz, R. Woods, J. Kearse, J. Brown(PIT)
TE: E. Ebron, L. Willson,
DB: M. Mitchell, B. Grimes, D. Trufant, L. Ryan, A. Talib, M.Wright, E.J. Gaines
DL: J.Smith K. Williams, J. Hankins C. Mcdonald, W.Sutton, R.Hageman
LB: N. Bowman, D. Johnson, R. Kerrigan, P. Worrilow, J. Bostic, J. Sheard, M.Smith(PHI), L.Foote, R.Mcclain, C. Jones

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat May 10, 2014 2:31 pm

I do notice your name is spiller time. Are u a buffalo fan or do u just love cj spiller?

I just don't think a 6'1" wideout that if he does start playing well will see a ton of double teams is going to dominate his first season.

Watkins will definately see a lot of targets. Slats and screens they will get him involved caz they have no one else. But that's just it... They have no one else

If he was Aaron Rodgers only target or even cam newtons only target fine all day.

But the might ej Manuel? Come on

spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby spillertime » Sat May 10, 2014 2:52 pm

schiewerma21 wrote:I do notice your name is spiller time. Are u a buffalo fan or do u just love cj spiller?

I just don't think a 6'1" wideout that if he does start playing well will see a ton of double teams is going to dominate his first season.

Watkins will definately see a lot of targets. Slats and screens they will get him involved caz they have no one else. But that's just it... They have no one else

If he was Aaron Rodgers only target or even cam newtons only target fine all day.

But the might ej Manuel? Come on
I'm a Clemson fan.. duh!! that's why I love me some Sammy.

But my fandom aside, you gotta think he's a superior player to Stevie on DAY ONE. Stevie managed 600 yards last year in 12 games on 100 targets. Most of those games are with Jeff Tuel as QB. Spiller and FJax were constantly hurt last year so the offense sputtered.

Manuel and Woods in their second year, second year HC/OC, Spiller and FJax 100%, drafted a T in the second, you gotta think this offense is pointed up. Expect Sammy to step in as the main guy day one.

Also, the height argument against Watkins has been overplayed so much on this website and others. It's ridiculous.

Jynxed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Jynxed » Sat May 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Honestly the two firsts should be enough, I can't imagine giving up the other parts no matter how big of clemson fans these people are.
24 teams, 40 roster spot/40 Keeper, PPR, QB passing td's 4pts all other td's 6
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 4DB, 3LB, 3DL
QB:R.Wilson,Tannehill, M.Moore
RB: D.Martin, M. Lynch, M.Ball, L. Dunbar, M.James
WR:E.Sanders, TY Hilton, V. Cruz, R. Woods, J. Kearse, J. Brown(PIT)
TE: E. Ebron, L. Willson,
DB: M. Mitchell, B. Grimes, D. Trufant, L. Ryan, A. Talib, M.Wright, E.J. Gaines
DL: J.Smith K. Williams, J. Hankins C. Mcdonald, W.Sutton, R.Hageman
LB: N. Bowman, D. Johnson, R. Kerrigan, P. Worrilow, J. Bostic, J. Sheard, M.Smith(PHI), L.Foote, R.Mcclain, C. Jones

xchrisntiffx
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xchrisntiffx » Sat May 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Every person told you not to do it, not sure why you would ask if you aren't going to listen.

Lots of sure thing number 1 dynasty picks don't work out. I would rather have two shots in the first round in an awesomely talented draft, I would get him mid year for less.
10 team non ppr -Scoring:10 yards rush or receiving = 1 pt and 20 return = 1pt. 6 pt rush/rec td. Passing TD 4 points
Start: QB, WR,RB, TE, (W/R/T)x4,K, IPD flex, LB, DT, DE,CB,S
QB: Cam Newton(Car). Winston
TE: Gronkowski( NE), Ebron (det) Eifert (Cin)
RB: A.peterson(min), t.yeldon(jax), tre mason, CJ Spiller, Giovani Bernard(Cin),, M. Ingram(NO),a.blue (hou), c.pain((car),J Mckinnon(Min),I. crowell (Cle)
WR's: Dez, AJ Green(cin),Julio Jones(atl),Randall Cobb(GB), Kennan Allen (San),Kelvin Benjermin ( Car)

spillertime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby spillertime » Sat May 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Oh I'm listening. I don't feel as good about it anymore.

I really just wanted to make sure I was giving up enough as I'm willing to overpay a bit. You think I'm crippling my team with this move?

*edit: I've taken the 2.09 out of it
Sir Peyton 12 Team • 5th Year • Non PPR
2010: 8th | 2011: 11th | 2012: 2nd | 2013: 4th | 2014: 1st

QB1 Peyton RB1 Miller RB2 Ellington WR1 Thomas WR2 Hopkins WR3 Watkins TE1 Gronk
Reserves QB Someone Shitty RB Spiller, Mathews, Sankey WR Marshall, Fitz, Nicks, Landry, Richardson, Randle TE Walker