shopping megatron

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

shopping megatron

Postby sloth8u » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:42 pm

I own Calvin in several leagues and value him as the most desireable player in the game. Unless you own him, you really dont realize what he does for your team on a week to week basis. He gives you a shot to win every week and theres always a few games each year that he wins for you on his own. I realize that there are younger, and perhaps more flashy names right now at the wr position but megatron is still #1 in my book and will be for a few more seasons.

Im looking to possibly move him on 3 teams however, do to some thin rb situations. i am going to be targeting a wr, rb, and 1st rd rookie pick if i do elect to part ways. what types of combo's of the 3 will i be able to obtain?

how close are any of these?

Gordon, Ellington, early 2nd
Cobb, Martin, early 2nd
Patterson, Hunter early 1st
Marshall, Bell, mid 1st

These are not offers that are out there, but im asking to see if any of you calvin owners could chime in and let me know if these values are high, light, or about right if you were going to let go of megatron.

princey98
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: shopping megatron

Postby princey98 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:08 pm

I can guarantee you that no Gordon owner will consider #1. I think #2 would be a win for you, even without the pick, so I would send it as is and see what he counters with.
I think CP and Hunter are all hype at this point (yes they are young and talented, but not close to Calvin level). If the pick is 1.1 or 1.2 I would do it if you're rebuilding. If the pick is 1.3 or later I wouldn't do that deal in any scenario. I think Marshall can give you Calvin-lite production going forward, but i'm not huge on Bell. I think the 4th trade is fair for both sides, and probably a good move for you if you need a solid RB

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:25 am

princey98 wrote:I can guarantee you that no Gordon owner will consider #1. I think #2 would be a win for you, even without the pick, so I would send it as is and see what he counters with.
I think CP and Hunter are all hype at this point (yes they are young and talented, but not close to Calvin level). If the pick is 1.1 or 1.2 I would do it if you're rebuilding. If the pick is 1.3 or later I wouldn't do that deal in any scenario. I think Marshall can give you Calvin-lite production going forward, but i'm not huge on Bell. I think the 4th trade is fair for both sides, and probably a good move for you if you need a solid RB
I largely agree with this, though I don't think #1 is as far off as princey does. I'd bet there are still some Gordon owners -- particularly those in a win-now window -- who are willing to pay a little to offload Gordon's risk.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:43 am

i am one of those owners jules. i tried to trade my gordon and 1.9 to get calvin, but was denied. gordon is a tough guy to own or acquire right now. everyone wants to put an offer in, but noone in my leagues want to pay for him. i send counters of gordon plus for their stud, and cant get a deal done. id like to capitalize on his value right now for a few teams i own, but the buying point and the selling point are a ways apart in those leagues.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:26 am

I don't own Calvin anywhere, but have a few of other players mentioned. I think offers 1&2 would get rejected. #3, I don't know if I'd trade Calvin for that, so I'd think your selling yourself short. #4 seems ok, just don't think it would get accepted either. The pick might be to much. Calvin is a tough player to judge. We all know he is ALL-WORLD, but to ask for for Gordon+ is a stretch, at least for me. The age difference is the deciding factor, I'm willing to take the risk on off field issues. Personally I'd target Marshall/Bell before Cobb/Martin.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:04 am

I know he's worth it, but I don't see any owners doing any of those. They'd have to have an "all-star" team to begin with to be able to afford those prices. If I had the pieces that you're asking, I'd keep the pieces and feel pretty good about it. I am a Calvin owner too.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:00 am

prinefan wrote:I know he's worth it, but I don't see any owners doing any of those. They'd have to have an "all-star" team to begin with to be able to afford those prices. If I had the pieces that you're asking, I'd keep the pieces and feel pretty good about it. I am a Calvin owner too.
if you were to move him, what would you be looking for? is he just a guy that wont be traded because of his value to your team? this thought has crossed my mind. i dont need to move him anywhere, and dont think he's done by any means. i would just like to flip him for 2 quality guys and a pick.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:21 am

I would only consider moving Calvin for #2 out of those offers, it would depend on the makeup of your team. I also am an owner who wouldn't move Calvin for Gordon.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:57 am

I'm a Calvin owner in several leagues. In order for me to move him, I'd have to get one of two types of offers:

1. One of the "big 8" WRs plus something else (late 1st, low end RB2, decent prospect). I would ask for more if I was getting back Cobb or Alshon.
2. At least 2 top end prospects (Floyd, Ball, etc) plus a proven, undervalued vet (think Jordy Nelson)

I would never sell Calvin just for picks or rookies, just not my thing.

As far as your offers go, I doubt you can pull off #1, #2 seems like a nice win for you, #3 seems like a loss for you, and #4 seems like a nice win for you
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:07 pm

#3 is the only one of these trades that I would NOT do. The order that I like these deals are #1,#4,#2...............................#3.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

RedBlueRadio
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby RedBlueRadio » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:15 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:#3 is the only one of these trades that I would NOT do. The order that I like these deals are #1,#4,#2...............................#3.
For comparison sake, (and I think the value of Dez Bryant is about as close as you can get to Calvin)

I traded Dez away for the following:

gave up Bryant, Dez DAL WR

gave up Mathews, Ryan SDC RB;Floyd, Michael ARI WR; Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick
and the 1.5 devy

So Floyd, the 1.5 Devy, a 2015 Round 1 and Ryan Mathews (who I already flipped or the 1.1 devy > steal)

The 1.1 devy being Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon, both who look like future stud RBs.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:37 pm

^^^ that would not tempt me to sell calvin. mathews, floyd, and a weak pick in the rookie draft as players have been picked through, and then 1.1 in a draft of nothing but guys who are atleast a season or 2 from playing in the nfl if ever.

Shortie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Shortie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:09 pm

The statement someone made about Calvin being hard to sell is true. People will find ways not to pay for an all-world talent just because if his age.
Last edited by Shortie on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

wreckeray1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby wreckeray1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:16 pm

#4 trade if your hurting at rb
2013 and 2015 champ
10team dynasty .5ppr 1qb 2rb 2wr 1flex 1te 1k 1def
qb Luck, Tannehill a. smith
rb Charles Gurley Martin Ameer Du. Johnson Riddick Ware
wr D.Thomas Dez Evans Marshall Micheal Flloyd Treadwell Coleman Carroo Adams Smelter
te Ertz Ebron
k Crosby Lambo
def Denver jacksonville
2017 4 1st /3 2nds

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 pm

That trade for Dez in a devy league is horrible, please don't sell Calvin based on that.