Rebuilding with these guys.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Rebuilding with these guys.

Postby lilpuppy99 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Ive been told I need to get better or rebuild so I targeted these guys.

Denard Hopkins
Demaryius Thomas
Brandon Marshall
Rob Gronkowski

Based on my roster, do I have enough to land any of them? I'm guessing cuz of age Marshall maybe the easiest to get. I think he maybe better than Fitz, Andre or Roddy at this point.
TEAM 1. 12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman
TE: Zach Ertz, D Goedert, Will Dissly
K: Steven Gostkowski
D/ST: Rams Defense

2020 picks 1.10, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7. 10

TEAM 2

12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR

QB: Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Kareem Hunt, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, Adrian Peterson, C Hyde
WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess
TE: Zach Ertz, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos Defense

2020 picks 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Re: Rebuilding with these guys.

Postby Seventy5 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 pm

If Im being honest, I think you would have a very difficult time landing Demaryius, but could have a crack at Marshall/Gronk/DeAndre IF their owners aren't overly high on them.

Getting a guy like Demaryius would take a stud or a few players who are the current flavor of the month (Cordarrelle, Floyd.. last year David Wilson, etc) and I don't really see any young blue chip players on your roster. Looks like your best bargaining chip will be Antonio Brown, but some people are still hesitant to trade for him/pay WR8-14 prices. Have any of these owners offered you a trade/discussed a potential deal?
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Seventy5 wrote:If Im being honest, I think you would have a very difficult time landing Demaryius, but could have a crack at Marshall/Gronk/DeAndre IF their owners aren't overly high on them.

Getting a guy like Demaryius would take a stud or a few players who are the current flavor of the month (Cordarrelle, Floyd.. last year David Wilson, etc) and I don't really see any young blue chip players on your roster. Looks like your best bargaining chip will be Antonio Brown, but some people are still hesitant to trade for him/pay WR8-14 prices. Have any of these owners offered you a trade/discussed a potential deal?

Thanks Seventy. Gronk is on the trade block. I thought I could send him Vernon and other players/picks. The Hopkins owner said he was looking to trade him and would counter my offer of a 2015 1st rd pick, and I've been offered Fitzgerald and B. Pierce for Antonio Brown, which I declined.

Also, Andre J and Roddy White are on the trade block by their owners.

RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman

TEAM 2

WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Or should I have done that deal for Fitz and Pierce?

TEAM 2

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 pm

I think you are a injury or two away from a complete rebuild. Your rb core is older and has a injury history and Rice is coming off a down year and a rocky off season. If it were me I would hope they stared out hot and trade them off as quickly as possible.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Thank you for the input. Anyone else care to chime in? Would acquiring another older asset to make a run this year like Marshall, Fitz, or Andre J be smart if I can't find anyone willing to trade me young players?

TEAM 2

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Your team is right smack dab in between "contender" and "rebuild" and that is the worst place to be. You are not good enough to make a playoff splash but you aren't bad enough to get those top picks (for impact rookies and for trade bait). So now you have a decision to make. Are you going to mortgage the future to make the moves to make a run now? Or are you going to blow away your team and completely rebuild?

My opinion is that you need to seriously consider rebuilding. It doesn't appear that you have the ammo to make any elite guys, or really any short term elite guys that would help you in the next two years. And you have no draft picks to speak of this year.......REBUILD TIME...

Suggestions by position:
QB-Brees is top 5 guaranteed now, but how much help is he 2-3 years down the road when you are hopefully on a playoff run. My suggestion is to sell him to a contender. Take a younger QB prospect plus a pick/another prospect WR. Shop him around and see what offers you can get. Remember, you are looking at two or three years down the road, so you have no use for guys in their 30s (of course there are exceptions). I think your best bet would be a Tannehill type guy and a 1st rounder, maybe a little more. If this is a fairly normal scoring league, the. QBs don't have massive value. However you should be able to land some decent value for Brees.

RB-Sell Sell Sell. Bush, Foster, and Rice. Sounds like a lawfirm. And like most lawyers who have their names on the business, they are OLD. Unlike lawyers, they don't get better with age. Get what you can get for these three because none of them will be relevant in 2-3. Franklin would be a hold for me. I like his talent but not his situation. Same with Brown. Keep them unless you can get a solid return.

WR-Hold Antonio. He is a solid target, especially in ppr, as is still undervalued. I see him as a top 15ish guy for at least 3-4 years and then an Andre Johnson kind of decline (calm down, not conparing their skills, just their gradual eventual decline...sheesh). Bowe makes me want to puke. Personally I would take an underpay just to avoid getting NOTHING for cutting him. I don't see him bing revelant now, let alone in a couple years. Coop and JMac are both meh players. I would probably hold them and trade them after the go off for a week or two. I am not sold on either, but hopefully someone is.

TE-Your strongest position. I think based on value alone, you have to sell VD. He may or may not be putting up top 10 TE numbers in a couple years, but I would wager against it. Sell him while his value is high. Maybe a 1st, or maybe a young WR (top 20 guy on the incline if lucky). You also have Ertz, who I think is the only true player on your team that I would be comfortable rebuilding around. Should be a solid TE in a dynamic offense for years to come. Looking forward to top 10 TE numbers hopefully.

K and Def-I won't bother. Stream/WW these guys. Thy are not a top priority when rebuilding.

Draft picks-Where did they go? It's hard to rebuild without picks in the first two rounds.

Overall, it looks like an overhaul job. You have some valuable guys that should net you some young talent. Good luck and sorry if the suggestions seem harsh.