Rookie Draft

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bigblue26
Rookie
Rookie

Rookie Draft

Postby bigblue26 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Hey everyone. New member here and beginning my first offseason in a dynasty league. I was wondering how do rookie drafts go? Is it usually a lot of running backs off the board early? My QB is Peyton and I have 1.08 so I am looking to draft a QB for the future. Who do you guys think will be available at the pick?
12 Team Standard League
QB: Rivers, Goff
RB: Shady, David Johnson, Gore, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: AJG, ARob, Jeffery, K. Allen, D. Parker, Pryor, J. Gordon
TE: Gronk, Graham, J. Thomas

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Rookie Draft

Postby DLFiend » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Probably all of them. I wouldn't take a QB though, especially in a 10-12 team league. Just draft the best skill position player and trade for another QB later.

Torreypine
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Torreypine » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:52 pm

I wouldn't draft at QB at 1.08 since you are in a 1 QB league. Go with best available player. You have Rivers as your QB2 so you have quite a bit of time before you need another QB. Manning should play another 2-3 years. You can draft a QB in the 2nd round with your pick if you really want one.
Team 1 Dynasty Starting year 2, 12 team, Non-PPR, Standard scoring, All TDs 6 points 30 roster spots, 2 IR
QB: P. Manning, Foles
RB: Lacy, Spiller, Ridley, J. Hill, C. Michael, K, Robinson, C. Polk, J. McKinnon, J. Forsett
WR: Julio, J. Nelson, K. Allen, S. Watkins, M. Evans, R. Woods, K. Stills, J. Hunter, M. Campanero
TE: Pitta, L. Green, T. Kelce, G. Escobar, C. Gillmore
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, D/ST

Team 2 Orphan, Full Rebuild, 12 Team, PPR Passing TD 4 points, All other TDs 6 points, 22 roster spots, 1 IR
QB: Rodgers, Bortles
RB: Hyde, K. Robinson, C. Polk, Turbin, Crowell, Charles. Sims, Helu, Cunningham
WR: K. Allen, Watkins, D. Adams, A. Robinson, M. Wilson, Janis
TE: L. Green, ASJ, G. Escobar
Start: 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX, K, D/ST

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:37 pm

I might take Bridgewater if he ends up in CLE, but I would probably wait til the 2nd. You might get your choice of QB in the 2nd with the depth of the WR position and overrating of RBs.

bigefat
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bigefat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Torreypine wrote:I wouldn't draft at QB at 1.08 since you are in a 1 QB league. Go with best available player. You have Rivers as your QB2 so you have quite a bit of time before you need another QB. Manning should play another 2-3 years. You can draft a QB in the 2nd round with your pick if you really want one.
I'm with Torreypine! I wouldn't draft a rookie QB in the Draft. TOO MANY QBs bust! Wait until later. Trade for a QB with like your 3rd and 4th round picks. But, in a 12 team league there is just too much depth!