Should I take this trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Napoleon004
Role Player
Role Player

Should I take this trade?

Postby Napoleon004 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:33 pm

So my buddy is QB desperate and wants Romo from me. He's offering to give me Roethlisburger and pick 17 in this year's rookie draft. This would give me picks 2, 13, and 17 in our draft this yr. I feel like I should take this trade. I have Tannehill, Bradford, Pryor, and Mallett on my bench plus I'd be getting Roeth who was very similar to Romo this year (plus Romo is coming off back surgery). Thoughts???
8-)

The Dynasty Niche
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Should I take this trade?

Postby The Dynasty Niche » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:35 pm

I wouldn't for that maybe if he throws in his 2nd round also?
8 Team DEVY* 2QB PPR: Start 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4FLEX. 22 Man Roster
QB's: Luck, Rivers, Ryan, Watson*, Kayaa*
RB's: David Johnson, Peterson, Ajayi, Lewis, Dunbar, Stewart, McKinnon, K. Marshall, Guice*
WR's: Hopkins, Robinson, Green, Marshall, Allen, Bryant, Cooper, Parker, DBG, Evans, Smelter, Gordon, Williams*, Davis*, Villamin*, Cain*
TE's: Gronk, ASJ

Napoleon004
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Napoleon004 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:37 pm

That is his 2nd round pick. I'll be a little bit more specific.

I give: Tony Romo

I get: Ben Roeth, 2014 2nd rd pick (17), 2014 5th rd pick
8-)

The Dynasty Niche
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Dynasty Niche » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:51 pm

# of teams? starting requirements? scoring?
8 Team DEVY* 2QB PPR: Start 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4FLEX. 22 Man Roster
QB's: Luck, Rivers, Ryan, Watson*, Kayaa*
RB's: David Johnson, Peterson, Ajayi, Lewis, Dunbar, Stewart, McKinnon, K. Marshall, Guice*
WR's: Hopkins, Robinson, Green, Marshall, Allen, Bryant, Cooper, Parker, DBG, Evans, Smelter, Gordon, Williams*, Davis*, Villamin*, Cain*
TE's: Gronk, ASJ

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:52 pm

is this an idp league? i would def take it if it is.

something to note is that the fact he is willing to buy romo is a plus for you and i doubt many if any owners would be willing to buy him. i can almost promise that noone will be in a hurry to buy big ben either, so you will likely be stuck holding whichever you own at the end of the day. with tannehill and bradford on your team i would feel comfortable making the move. honestly you arent going to get much more for romo.

Napoleon004
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Napoleon004 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 pm

It is a PPR 10 team league. IDP as well. I'm looking good at WR with Gordon, Crabtree, Harvin, and Blackmon. RB however is a diff story. I have Trent, L Miller, D Woodhead, D Wilson, MJD, and Pierre Thomas. I already have picks 2 and 13 in the upcoming draft. I'm hopeful I can get Watkins at 2 and then an RB at 13. Getting the 17th pick would allow me to take another RB shot or have some ammo to move up if necessary.
8-)

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:41 pm

you may be able to package 13 and 17 at draft time to move up. the draft will be deep and someone sitting at 8 or 9 may be willing to drop back to 13 and pick up the 17. not something i would try now, but at draft time if there's someone on the board that you like.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Pretty tough call.
Not sure Bradford, Tanny and Big Ben is a winning combo at QB. I suppose you can draft another this year and make do but I would be pretty fidgety heading into next season with that trio.
I think Romo is better than Ben but the picks might be enough to make me do the deal and worry about my QB situation in August or Sept.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Napoleon004 wrote:It is a PPR 10 team league. IDP as well. I'm looking good at WR with Gordon, Crabtree, Harvin, and Blackmon. RB however is a diff story. I have Trent, L Miller, D Woodhead, D Wilson, MJD, and Pierre Thomas. I already have picks 2 and 13 in the upcoming draft. I'm hopeful I can get Watkins at 2 and then an RB at 13. Getting the 17th pick would allow me to take another RB shot or have some ammo to move up if necessary.
That might be the most high-risk, high-reward collection of WRs I have ever seen, haha...
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:48 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote:
Napoleon004 wrote:It is a PPR 10 team league. IDP as well. I'm looking good at WR with Gordon, Crabtree, Harvin, and Blackmon. RB however is a diff story. I have Trent, L Miller, D Woodhead, D Wilson, MJD, and Pierre Thomas. I already have picks 2 and 13 in the upcoming draft. I'm hopeful I can get Watkins at 2 and then an RB at 13. Getting the 17th pick would allow me to take another RB shot or have some ammo to move up if necessary.
That might be the most high-risk, high-reward collection of WRs I have ever seen, haha...
haha! i wasnt there for the draft but im guessing we have value selections last season it appears to me.

Napoleon004
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Napoleon004 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 pm

You got that right about the WR's. I also have Stevie Johnson and Dwayne Bowe. Jimmy as my TE. Just need to round out these RB's and I'll b good. If Trent wasn't running like such a puss I'd be golden. Hopefully he comes back next yr and looks good.
8-)