Commish Virtually OKs tanking???

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mjmart2
Starter
Starter

Commish Virtually OKs tanking???

Postby Mjmart2 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:04 am

Would like some help here because I'm pretty pissed and want to make sure I am looking at it correctly. I play in a well known online website and noticed a team in my league(worst record in league by 1 win) not start an active QB a few weeks back and then did not start an active defense against me last week. Before our game, I emailed the commish saying what was going on asking him to handle. I received a "thank you"in response. This week it was an inactive Kicker. I remained the commish and he said he would talk to him but that he couldn't "change his lineup". I take that as saying not really anything he can do about it. Correct?

Also, this team has benched Victor Cruz(his best WR) a couple of times recently. Wouldn't mind walking away from this team but had to pay for next year during a trade so kind of stuck.
12 Team, PPR, 1 pt pr 8 completions & 10rush attempts, 5 pts forall TDs, 20 man Roster
1QB, 1-2 RB, 3-4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

TEAM 1
QB- Luck, Goff
RB - Gurley, Abdullah, Carson, Rawls, J. White, McGuire
WR - AJ Green, Demaryius, Allen, Sammy Watkins, Reynolds, Mitchell, Amendola, Humphries
TE- Olsen, Watson
1.10, 2.10. 3.10. 4.10

Team 2
QB- Luck, Goff
RB- Cook, McKinnon, Carson, Crowell, Langford, Vereen
WR- Hopkins, Watkins, A. Cooper, Meredith, Fuller, Kupp, Lee, Corey Davis
TE- Eifert, Everett, Watson
1.07, 2.07, 3.07, 4.07

Team 3
QB- Luck, Goff, Taylor
RB- Gurley, Gore, Crowell, Abdullah, Dixon, Ekeler, West
WR- ARob, Keenan Allen, C. Davis, R. Woods, Britt, J. Ross, T Williams, T. Taylor
TE-Cook, Everett
1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 4.01

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Commish Virtually OKs tanking???

Postby yumbo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 am

That's a tough one. Are you friendly with the other owners? Talk to them and see what they think about it. If all the others agree with you, maybe you can force the commish to do something or maybe you all can oust him and the vagrant owner.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

MrBalloonHands
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MrBalloonHands » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:17 am

If the other owners aren't on your side on that one then I'd eat next years entry fee and walk away. Dynasty Leagues are way too much fun to have to put up with that stuff.
QB - Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB - Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffery, Joe Williams, Matt Jones, Mike Davis
WR - Michael Thomas, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Josh Doctson, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Leonte Carroo, Rashard Higgins, Cameron Meredith, Adam Thielen, Krishawn Hogan, Charone Peake
TE - Martellus Bennett, Evan Engram, Clive Walford, Virgil Green
K - Greg Zuerlein

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:47 pm

What does the team look like? Did he not start a defense because he's out of it and isn't paying attention? Did he not start the D because he has the Cheifs or Seahawks and doesn't want to drop the D or any of his prospects? There could be a lot of reasons for the inactivity, and the commish should ask the guy why he hasn't been active, etc. However, as I've noted in other posts in my leagues we do draft picks based on lowest total points for the season, so you can feel free to tank if you want to wreck your team, however if you bench guys like Cruz as long as their on your team their points still count in your total. As well, benching Cruz in in-of-itself isn't that alarming to me as Eli and the Giants have been terrible and can't be trusted.