Commissioner help regarding trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Commissioner help regarding trade

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 am

Hey guys,

I'm commissioner in one of my leagues, and have until tomorrow evening to put through or cancel the following trade:

A gets:
Le'veon Bell
Zach Stacy

B gets:
Joique Bell (B is a Bush owner)
David Wilson

Both parties were fine with the trade when they made it Sunday morning. Now that Wilson's neck injury as of today may be more serious than anticipated, and the Giants may sign another RB, B is telling me he is reconsidering due to the injury. I am very new to this, but are injuries that happen after a trade was made but before it went through a reason to cancel a trade, or is that just dumb luck? Any help/opinion is appreciated!

johnyo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Commissioner help regarding trade

Postby johnyo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:48 am

Should be laid out the league bylaws so no one gets pissed about it, but I would say tough luck. The second you accept the trade it's a done deal barring LM veto for collusion.
16-Team Salary Cap Dynasty
0.5 PPR (1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 D, 1 K)
100M Salary Cap. Players can be waived for a 25% cap penalty.
Flacco(5) Osweiler(1.25)
McCoy(9) Miller(10) Hyde(3.2) Tipton(0.5) Darkwa(0.5) L James(0.5) D Harris(0.5) S Perry(0.5)
Megatron(18.5) Julio(15) Hopkins(4) Hunter(1.3) Bowe(3.8) Woods(2.2) Wheaton(1.3)
ASJ(1.3) Donnell(0.5) Gresham(2.3) M Gray(0.5) D Harris(0.5)
Browns(0.5)
Parkee(0.5) McManus(0.5)
2015 1.07, 1.09
2016 2nd, 4th
2017 2nd, 3rd, 4th

gunslinger
Captain
Captain

Postby gunslinger » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:58 am

It should pass.

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 am

Once a trade is accepted, it's a done deal. He shouldn't have made a trade Sunday morning if an injury later that day was going to make him change his mind. Tough luck.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:23 am

Cool, kinda what I thought as well. Just wanted to make sure it was the general consensus. Thanks

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:31 am

dresden wrote:Once a trade is accepted, it's a done deal. He shouldn't have made a trade Sunday morning if an injury later that day was going to make him change his mind. Tough luck.
Absolutely.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:02 am

Question: the trade was accepted Sunday morning. Is there a reason that you waited until Tuesday to process it? Perhaps it's in the rules that way.

At any rate, once the trade is accepted by both parties, then it should go through.

Just a personal preference, but I think trades should be approved in a more timely fashion. However, if it is in the rules that all trades are processed on Wednesday evening, then so be it.

-oo-

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 am

meineymoe wrote:Question: the trade was accepted Sunday morning. Is there a reason that you waited until Tuesday to process it? Perhaps it's in the rules that way.

At any rate, once the trade is accepted by both parties, then it should go through.

Just a personal preference, but I think trades should be approved in a more timely fashion. However, if it is in the rules that all trades are processed on Wednesday evening, then so be it.

-oo-
i think the reason for this is to give others time to view the trade and make a comment or bring up a problem if there is one. i know this is the case for my league... a trade usually takes 2 days to process, unless everyone shows approval earlier, the commish will then put it through at that time.... veto's never happen in my league, but its just a 2 day standard to give the opportunity if someone did have a problem....
either way, i agree with everyone.. once it is accepted, its to bad...
i actually made a trade this year, and the trade was discussed between me and the other guy, via email, and basically came to an agreement on email, and he sent the trade... and after an hour of me not accepting, he emailed me and asked what the wait was for, and i told him i wasnt sure anymore because i had realized something i didnt notice when agreeing.... and he got pretty bent out of shape about it because he said i made a verbal commitment to the trade and we had a deal... after a bit of back and forth arguing, i accepted the trade because it was not worth the fight, but after some thinking, i have to agree with him on it. i verbally agreed, and it was to late to back out.... so this is even more firm...
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:58 pm

i think the reason for this is to give others time to view the trade and make a comment or bring up a problem if there is one. i know this is the case for my league... a trade usually takes 2 days to process, unless everyone shows approval earlier, the commish will then put it through at that time.... veto's never happen in my league, but its just a 2 day standard to give the opportunity if someone did have a problem....
This. Our rules give 3 days for other to review it or to bring up issues.