Jordan Cameron Hype Train...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Papa_Squid
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Jordan Cameron Hype Train...

Postby Papa_Squid » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Is anyone buying the J. Cameron hype? I have a serious need at TE. He will come cheaper than the rookies in our upcoming rookie/FA draft. I am still partial to Eifert - but he will cost a late first. I feel like he will be worth it - i saw a lot of ND games last year and liked what I saw. I literally know noting about Cameron other than hype. I tend to get wrapped up and burned by hype...

SIFPP!
12 team *20 man rosters-15 keepers /1QB/2RB/2WR/1WR-TE/1TE/DEF/1IDP/K/
**Non PPR - 6pt all TDs** Est. 2010
QB:Stafford,
RB: AP, T. West , CMike, McKinnon,Trich, Crowell
WR: Julio, DT, Cobb, Torrey Smith, Jarvis Landry
TE: Cameron, Eifert,
**2015 Draft Picks Round: 2.03, 2.09, 2.10, 3.10**

One Trick Pony
12 team *19 man rosters-16 keepers 1QB/1RB/1RB-WR/2WR/1WR-TE/1TE/K (No DEF)
**Non PPR - 6pt all TDs** Est. 2014
QB:Rodgers, RGIII,
RB:AP, Sankey, Crowell, T.West, L. Murray, Theo Riddick, David Cobb, Buck Allen,
WR:AJG, Jordy Nelson, Nuk Hopkins, A.Robinson, Moncrief, Tavon Austin
TE:Eifert, L. Green
**2016 Draft Picks Round 2-5**

carmo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Jordan Cameron Hype Train...

Postby carmo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:51 pm

he is raw quick with basketball skills backround worth the gamble if he can come cheap and N. Turner to potentially help him groom plus the job is his they let 2 vet TE loose to let him start albeit they did let go some not so good te's
(Entering 3rd season)12 team (6playoff) (.5 ppr), dec scoring, WR=TE's (1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 flex, 1d,1k) --20 regular season roster + 2 practice squad spots reserved for rookies only
2012 Runner-Up
QBs- Brady, Cutler
RBs- Charles, Forte, SJAX, D. Brown, B. Bolden
WRs- Gronkowski, Cobb, Nelson, Patterson, J. Cameron, J. Reed, T. Wright, Gonzo* (retired)
PICKS 2014 - 1.6, 3.4, 4.3, 4.4
PICKS 2015-- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Just youtube what there is from him. He's highly athletic and was off the charts at the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jor ... id=2495267

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm not really buying into the hype. He has less than 50 catches at the NCAA and NFL level combined. He's an athlete but doesn't seem to be a natural receiver to me. He's going as TE11 in the latest DLF ADP. I think that's too high. If I don't get a Gronk/Graham, there are plenty of young TEs. I'd rather grab Fleener, Allen, Kelce, etc. for a lower price and similar/greater upside.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:36 pm

dlf_lukeb wrote:I'm not really buying into the hype. He has less than 50 catches at the NCAA and NFL level combined. He's an athlete but doesn't seem to be a natural receiver to me. He's going as TE11 in the latest DLF ADP. I think that's too high. If I don't get a Gronk/Graham, there are plenty of young TEs. I'd rather grab Fleener, Allen, Kelce, etc. for a lower price and similar/greater upside.
I agree. He doesn't look that great to me. Part of that may just be him learning to play the position but... meh. Not impressed.

However, I am pretty amused that Cleveland is now going to make 3 receivers fantasy relevant given all their hype lately.

With Weeden behind the wheel, I somehow doubt this is going to happen.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:40 pm

Another thing I don't like about Cameron is that he has terrible YAC ability. He goes down at 1st contact pretty much every time he's hit.

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:52 pm

I would pick him up, let the hype continue to increase, and then trade him. I traded Julio Jones, Cameron, and this year's 2nd round pick (#22 overall) for Calvin Johnson and Antonio Gates. My other TE's are Jimmy Graham and R. Housler (who I traded this year's 3rd round pick (#36 overall) for). I think Cameron holds decent value as a +1 that could land you someone great in a trade.

Papa_Squid
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Papa_Squid » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:09 pm

danes1212 wrote:I would pick him up, let the hype continue to increase, and then trade him. I traded Julio Jones, Cameron, and this year's 2nd round pick (#22 overall) for Calvin Johnson and Antonio Gates. My other TE's are Jimmy Graham and R. Housler (who I traded this year's 3rd round pick (#36 overall) for). I think Cameron holds decent value as a +1 that could land you someone great in a trade.

I hear ya. Our rosters are small and I need to hit on a TE.- at least for future. I'm stuck with Gresham after Hernandez debacle. I think Gresham leaves Cincy at end of year and maybe gets a second chance elsewhere.

SIFPP!
12 team *20 man rosters-15 keepers /1QB/2RB/2WR/1WR-TE/1TE/DEF/1IDP/K/
**Non PPR - 6pt all TDs** Est. 2010
QB:Stafford,
RB: AP, T. West , CMike, McKinnon,Trich, Crowell
WR: Julio, DT, Cobb, Torrey Smith, Jarvis Landry
TE: Cameron, Eifert,
**2015 Draft Picks Round: 2.03, 2.09, 2.10, 3.10**

One Trick Pony
12 team *19 man rosters-16 keepers 1QB/1RB/1RB-WR/2WR/1WR-TE/1TE/K (No DEF)
**Non PPR - 6pt all TDs** Est. 2014
QB:Rodgers, RGIII,
RB:AP, Sankey, Crowell, T.West, L. Murray, Theo Riddick, David Cobb, Buck Allen,
WR:AJG, Jordy Nelson, Nuk Hopkins, A.Robinson, Moncrief, Tavon Austin
TE:Eifert, L. Green
**2016 Draft Picks Round 2-5**

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:20 pm

SIFPP wrote:
danes1212 wrote:I would pick him up, let the hype continue to increase, and then trade him. I traded Julio Jones, Cameron, and this year's 2nd round pick (#22 overall) for Calvin Johnson and Antonio Gates. My other TE's are Jimmy Graham and R. Housler (who I traded this year's 3rd round pick (#36 overall) for). I think Cameron holds decent value as a +1 that could land you someone great in a trade.

I hear ya. Our rosters are small and I need to hit on a TE.- at least for future. I'm stuck with Gresham after Hernandez debacle. I think Gresham leaves Cincy at end of year and maybe gets a second chance elsewhere.
I would take him for sure then and either hold on to see if he produces, or perhaps you'll get a good offer for an already proven TE if you throw in a WR.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Something to remember is that Gordon won't be playing in the first 4 games. This will likely mean a little more volume for Cameron. I'd hold off until Week 5, after some inflated production and the BYE-weeks start to hit.

FF_EJuggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FF_EJuggernaut » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:14 pm

I think he can be a good TE but i see people and "Fantasy Experts" talk him up like his floor is TE 12 and ceiling is TE 3. While I look at him as a ceiling 8 floor lets just say I think he can see 2 handfuls finishing over him. He has potential but not all potential will be met. Also everyone hates B.Weeden so how could everyone be so high on Gordon Jordan and some think Little can possibly breakout in his 3rd year (Im higher on little than most I know). Also like Weeden more than alot of people think he has the throwing tools a starting QB needs in the NFL and if not for so many drops he would be talked up like Tanny not looked down on like Gabbert.

Sorry for the Cleveland vent
12 Team Dynasty PPR 4 per Pass TD

P.Manning
D.Martin J.Charles L.Miller C.Thompson M.Gillislee
P.Garçon J.Blacmon C.Givens A.Jeffery J.Kerley S.Holmes L.Hankerson M.Floyd(SD)
J.Graham R.Housler
Cincy DS/T

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Something to remember is that Gordon won't be playing in the first 4 games. This will likely mean a little more volume for Cameron. I'd hold off until Week 5, after some inflated production and the BYE-weeks start to hit.
Nitpick, but only 2 games. Blackmon is the one suspended for 4.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flschbrger » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:25 pm

I get a little wary with all these Browns players poised to breakout. It's basically saying Weeden will approach 4000 yards to support the breakouts of Cameron and Gordon.

I could see him having an Olsen type season. 65 for 800 with 6-8 TDs. Not spectacular, but maybe in the TE #9 or 10 range.
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:47 pm

dlf_lukeb wrote:
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Something to remember is that Gordon won't be playing in the first 4 games. This will likely mean a little more volume for Cameron. I'd hold off until Week 5, after some inflated production and the BYE-weeks start to hit.
Nitpick, but only 2 games. Blackmon is the one suspended for 4.
Oh yeah. It's getting hard to keep these guys straight.

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:03 pm

dlf_lukeb wrote:I'm not really buying into the hype. He has less than 50 catches at the NCAA and NFL level combined. He's an athlete but doesn't seem to be a natural receiver to me. He's going as TE11 in the latest DLF ADP. I think that's too high. If I don't get a Gronk/Graham, there are plenty of young TEs. I'd rather grab Fleener, Allen, Kelce, etc. for a lower price and similar/greater upside.
#11 is pretty rich, but if he does break out ala Gates in 2004 you're going to be kicking yourself for taking Martellus Bennett instead.