Thoughts?????

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
HOFC12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Thoughts?????

Postby HOFC12 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:02 am

I have an owner who would do Stafford and a 2nd from me for Brees and Britt. I know that on the surface it looks like a slam dunk but this is a dynasty league. My team is not a championship team imo. Brees definetly is the premier QB. But does he get my team to championship caliber status? Stafford is 24 years old. Looking like a future stud himself. Britt is a ticking time bomb, but has the potential(that word has gotten a lot of coaches fired) to be an AJG, DT, Julio type WR. If I knew Britt was gonna realize his potential, I would do this in a heart beat. Your thoughts?
12 Team PPR
Start; 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE(1.5ppr), 2 Flex-RB,WR,TE, IDP: 2 DE, 2LB, 2DB
QB: Jared Goff, M. Mariota
RB: L.Bell, M. Gordon, Kereem Hunt, K. Johnson
WR: S. Diggs, K. Golladay, Mike Williams, A. Robinson, D. Parker,
TE: O.J. Howard, V. McDonald,

Practice Squad: Trey Quinn WR WSH, Robert Foster WR BUF,

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Thoughts?????

Postby WZA » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 am

bleep. If you're rebuilding then trading for a QB like Bree's who is at the tail end of his career is a bad move. Stick with Stafford and ride him for the next 10 years.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:08 am

I agree that this trade isn't going to put you in the upper echelon of teams, however it is such great value I would do it figuring you can ultimately trade Brees & Britt and get better value for them.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:10 am

Britt is overrated. He's always injured. He will be difficult to trade. You'll never get fair value for Bree's when you try to trade him for a young stud QB...like Stafford.

This trade only makes since if you are a contender. Even then I wouldn't do it.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 am

WZA wrote:Britt is overrated. He's always injured. He will be difficult to trade. You'll never get fair value for Bree's when you try to trade him for a young stud QB...like Stafford.

Just curious why you wouldn't do it as a contender?

Brees >> Stafford for the next 2-3 years.
Britt >> a 2nd round rookie pick. Even though I hate Britt.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:23 am

kmbryant09 wrote:
WZA wrote:Britt is overrated. He's always injured. He will be difficult to trade. You'll never get fair value for Bree's when you try to trade him for a young stud QB...like Stafford.

Because I don't want Britt anywhere near my roster and I'd rather have Stafford than Brees, believe it or not. Why make the trade and then have to accept below market value for Brees when you try to trade him for a young stud QB? 3 years from now nobody will trade a young stud QB for Brees. Keep the young stud QB you have now and roll with it. It's difficult to find a guy with Stafford's talent. Don't mortgage the future for 2-3 years of a possible title run. You can win a title with a Stafford.

And I would rather take flier on a 2 round rookie WR than have Brittle on my roster...just my opinion.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:29 am

Brees has gone before Stafford in all 4 of the start-ups of done this year.
Britt is a way better lotto ticket to hold than a random 2nd.
Your team is that far away from being a contender.
Live a little. Have some fun and pull the trigger.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:31 pm

WZA wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote:

Because I don't want Britt anywhere near my roster and I'd rather have Stafford than Brees, believe it or not. Why make the trade and then have to accept below market value for Brees when you try to trade him for a young stud QB? 3 years from now nobody will trade a young stud QB for Brees. Keep the young stud QB you have now and roll with it. It's difficult to find a guy with Stafford's talent. Don't mortgage the future for 2-3 years of a possible title run. You can win a title with a Stafford.

And I would rather take flier on a 2 round rookie WR than have Brittle on my roster...just my opinion.
You just prefaced your comment with "if I was a contender". If I was looking to shape my roster as best as possible for a win-now mode, than this trade is a no-brainer.

Like others have said, Brees holds more dynasty value overall than Stafford - and MUCH more in the short term. Brees' June 2013 Dynasty ADP places him as the 4th QB, Stafford the 10th. So the gap in just the short term is even wider.

And you'd rather a mid-2nd than Kenny Britt - in the short term? I hate Kenny Britt, and I will not own him on any my teams, but I would gladly take him over a mid-2nd any day of the week. Especially when you consider that just about all mid-2nd rookie picks are long term prospects that won't produce a lick for 1-3 years. And for reference, Britt's June 2013 Dynasty ADP places him essentially worth the 1.6-1.7 rookie pick.

I understand your last post here, it just didn't jive with what you seemed to say with the post before that.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich