David Wilson for Andrew Luck?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Macnamara
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

David Wilson for Andrew Luck?

Postby Macnamara » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 am

22 Roster 1/2 PPR dynasty

My team is a serious contender this year, and I am trying not to mess with it too much. However, I was just sent an offer where I give up David Wilson for Andrew Luck - straight up. I have been riding Matt Ryan, but have little depth behind him and the allure of Andrew Luck on my squad for the next 12 years has me second guessing my firm belief that I need to do anything I can to hang onto David Wilson for the upcoming year. Our formations are flexible, so I dont necessarily need an RB2, but if Shady McCoy were to go down I would be reliant on one of Bryce Brown, Ryan Mathews or Jstew... As my formation sits now (below), I will have a tough choice either flexing Cobb or David Wilson each week. My dilemna would then be who to start of Matt Ryan and Luck each week.

VERY flexible lineups:
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE
1 QB 3 RB 1 WR 1 TE
1 QB 1 RB 4 WR/TE

Team before trade (starters in parenthesis)
Qb: (Ryan), Locker, Foles
Rb: (McCoy), David Wilson, Mathews, Jstew, Tate, Mendy, Bryce Brown, Ingram, Pierce, Hunter/James
Wr: (Calvin), (Julio), (Cobb), Holmes
Te: (Graham)

Team after trade
Qb: (Luck), Ryan, Locker, Foles
Rb: (McCoy), Mathews, Jstew, Tate, Mendy, Bryce Brown, Ingram, Pierce, Hunter/James
Wr: (Calvin), (Julio), (Cobb), Holmes
Te: (Graham)

Do I pull the trigger? Help! :wall:
GFL: 12 team, 22 roster, 1/2 PPR keeper
Qb: Mariota, Winston
Rb: Bell, Dalvin, Henry, Duke, Rex, Prosise, Booker
Wr: Julio, AJG, Diggs, Moncrief, Lockett, JRoss
Te: JimmyG, Kittle
Def: Jax, Car

CSL: 12 team, 25 roster, 1/2 PPR dynasty
Qb: Russell, Luck/Brissett
Rb: Mixon, Tevin, Ameer, Mckinnon, Mack, Lacy, Rawls, Alfred, Mckissic
Wr: OBJ, Keenan, Thielan, Parker, Doctson, Cobb, Coleman, JohnB, Taywon, JaronB
Te: ​Hunter, Doyle

TJHollywood
All Pro
All Pro

Re: David Wilson for Andrew Luck?

Postby TJHollywood » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 am

In a 12 team league, I think you do that deal. In a year or two, there are a lot of QBs that are going to start declining and I think you can get a better return very soon.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:58 am

I would take that deal based on value alone, although it does make you rather thin at RB. I would then try and flip Ryan for a RB2/WR2
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:12 pm

I would not do this deal as it weakens the depth of your team and you already have a solid starter at QB.

The above poster suggests trading Ryan for a RB2 - you already have Wilson on your team.

This makes no sense.

bigroddy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bigroddy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:I would not do this deal as it weakens the depth of your team and you already have a solid starter at QB.

The above poster suggests trading Ryan for a RB2 - you already have Wilson on your team.

This makes no sense.
Wilson would no longer be on the team if he was flipped for Luck.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:I would not do this deal as it weakens the depth of your team and you already have a solid starter at QB.

This makes no sense.
I personally don't consider Wilson a true RB2, I think he's overhyped right now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see his carries get cut into by Ware. I would rather have Luck+ someone like Demarco/Alf/Sproles (in a ppr). I also think Ryan's productivity will dip pretty significantly once Gonzo retires and Roddy starts to slow down, assuming they don't find replacement level talent for those two. Just my two cents.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:24 pm

bigroddy wrote:

This makes no sense.
That's what I just said. It doesn't make sense to flip Wilson for Luck so you could trade Ryan for a RB2 which the OP already has in Wilson.

bigroddy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bigroddy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:
bigroddy wrote:

This makes no sense.
That's what I just said. It doesn't make sense to flip Wilson for Luck so you could trade Ryan for a RB2 which the OP already has in Wilson.
Unless he believes Luck is a definite upgrade over Ryan.

I don't think I'd do deal one without having deal two already lined up, but I'd likely go for it if I thought that (Luck > Ryan) were the case.

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:48 pm

i would take that deal from a value standpoint, i wouldn't be to worried about your rb2, i firmly believe that if mccoy goes down with an injury bryce brown will be an adequate fill in at rb for you, and i'd be fine starting either jstew or mathews on shady's bye week

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:48 pm

This makes no sense.
You should always draft by BPA but when you're trading it no longer matters? It's really bad advice to give people new to dynasty looking for help.

Personally I prefer Luck to Ryan by a fair amount and WIlson is 50/50 whether he's a bust.

Hank
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Hank » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:55 pm

You have to take this deal! If you went back to last years draft, had your current lineup, and were up for your pick with a choice of Luck or Wilson, who do you take? Best player available! You can always find some rb depth.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:36 pm

I could see David Wilson being atop 5 overall pick this time next year. I'd rather have him.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 pm

voiceofunreason wrote: You should always draft by BPA but when you're trading it no longer matters? It's really bad advice to give people new to dynasty looking for help.
OK, a couple things with this.

1) Of course it matters when you're trading. For instance, if you already have Aaron Rodgers on your team and somebody offers you Andrew Luck for David Wilson, you probably shouldn't do this unless you're 100% certain you can get a better RB than Wilson by trading Luck.

2) My advice is just that - my advice. I post in a section called "Dynasty Team Advice" so people are entitled to their opinions, whether or not you think it's "really bad." He doesn't have to listen. Either do you.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:WIlson is 50/50 whether he's a bust.
See - this is one of those things that people may say is "bad advice" but realize that "hey, it's this guy's opinion, and he's clearly in the minority."

So OP, don't listen to the aptly named 'voiceofunreason' - he's offering bad advice.

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Take whichever player you think is more valuable and let everything else figure itself out later. I'd take Luck. I'd also ask for a 2014 second.
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:2) My advice is just that - my advice. I post in a section called "Dynasty Team Advice" so people are entitled to their opinions, whether or not you think it's "really bad." He doesn't have to listen. Either do you.
So you can give bad advice and it's okay because... it's inherently advice? Huh?
voiceofunreason wrote:WIlson is 50/50 whether he's a bust.
I'm sure you have well documented evidence that there's a 50% probability that Wilson is a bust and you're not just grossly exaggerating to support your point immediately after calling somebody else out for giving "bad advice."
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,