Should I pick up any of these FAs?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Should I pick up any of these FAs?

Postby Riders4Ever » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 am

14 team ppr dynasty league that starts 1QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1TE and a WR/RB/TE flex spot.
All TDs are 6 points. Rushing/ Receiving 10 yards/point, Passing 25 yards per point. Return yardage league.

My roster:
QB- Rodgers, Freeman
WR- Julio, Jennings, Colston, Maclin,DeThomas,Britt, JSimpson, Gordon, Broyles
RB- Mathews, McFadden, BTate, Leshoure, Vereen
TE- Celek

We have started our FA draft and the following FAs are still available:
Goodson
Moeaki
MBennett
Shipley
Snelling
Jean
BPierce
Brandon Tate
Rainey
Royal
Salas
Childs
Cassel
AJ Jenkins

I'm thinking of picking up Goodson, but have no idea who to drop. Any others I should consider and who would you drop?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Should I pick up any of these FAs?

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 am

I like a few guys on the list but I can't see dropping any of your players. I think your rosters are a tad on the small side. :(

shivs
Captain
Captain

Postby shivs » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 am

I'd take Childs over Gordon and would think about Goodson over Vereen. Not 100% on that RB swap though.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

12 Tm, nonPPR, kr's, IDP. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DL, LB, DB, DL/LB/DB
QB: P. Manning, Glennon, Palmer, Freeman
RB: Peterson, Rice, R. Bush, J. Bell, Pierce, Cunningham
WR: A. Johnson, J. Nelson, Fitzgerald, M. Austin, M. Jones, Givens, Hartline, Wayne (IR)
TE: Graham, Gates, Bostick, Hill
K: Novak
DL: Quinn, Wake
LB: Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Washington
DB: Barron

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 am

Steelersfan wrote:I like a few guys on the list but I can't see dropping any of your players. I think your rosters are a tad on the small side. :(
I agree considering that eventually I'll have to drop one of these players to pick up a Kicker. :cry: I'll get started on my 2 for 1& 3 for 2 trade offers I guess.

QI21
Role Player
Role Player

Postby QI21 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am

Might want to consider Bennett as a backup to Celek or even trade from that darn good WR depth and get a top TE.
Team 1
10 team, 25 roster spot, non-ppr, all QB TDs=6pts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, 2 flex (RB/WR/TE)
QB:Stafford, Glennon
RB:AP, Forte, Murray, Richardson (STL), Ingram, Tolbert, Dunbar, Reece
WR: Fitz, Andre Johnson, Britt, Nicks, Wayne, M. Austin, Josh Gordon, Marvin Jones, Williams (DAL), G. Tate
TE:Olsen, Bennett
K:Gano
DEF:Detroit, Dallas
2014 picks: 1,2, 3, 4

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 pm

my personal opinion is that this is an easy decision. if i could only make one move, i would add goodson and drop j simpson. your starting rbs are mcfadden and mathews, both of which have a history of getting hurt. goodson, at this point i guess, figures to be the primary backup of dmc, and i think he'd see a bulk of the carries if dmc went down, with taiwan as the change of pace guy. you have impressive depth at wr in my opinion, and can afford the loss of a marginal player in jerome simpson. i like the youngsters youve got in development in broyles and gordon, and youve certainly got a good group of starters. simpson was a marginal player in cincy, and i see him entering a similar situation in minny, except that dalton actually looked better than ponder. harvins the #1 in minny, they drafted a couple guys, and they figure to run the ball a lot i think. i also think kyle rudolph could be the 2nd leading receiver behind harvin.

to me this is so simple. ditch simpson and pick up some security and a player who could pay dividends for you. anyone who owns or has owned dmc knows just how valuable his handcuff is.

Riders4Ever
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Riders4Ever » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:05 pm

QI21 wrote:Might want to consider Bennett as a backup to Celek or even trade from that darn good WR depth and get a top TE.
I tried to acquire Graham when his owner put him on the block. I lost to an offer of Bradshaw and White. The Graham owner is in complete rebuild mode and somehow thought an aging Roddy and injury prone Bradshaw was his best option. :eh:

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Goodson for Simpson is a no-brainer from my perspective. I've owned DMC since his rookie year and have learned the hard way to back him up well! Simpson doesn't have a hope of seeing the field with your other WRs, and he doesn't have nearly the long-term upside of Gordon and Broyles.