McCoy (Colt...) to wait on Luck?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
pierrefr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

McCoy (Colt...) to wait on Luck?

Postby pierrefr » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:41 am

Hi guys,

I can get Colt McCoy for a 5.01 (16 teams league). The 5.01 is not worth a lot (to stay polite) but McCoy is pretty useless too. The reason I am contemplating the idea is that so far my only QB is Kolb (I also have the 1.01 and plan on taking Luck). Just in case Luck takes a little time to develop, I need an option at QB. Is this offer for McCoy actually interesting or should I just pass because he won't help me any bit?
12 teams, non PPR

QB (1): Newton, Bradford
RB (2-4): Blount, Bryce Brown, Andre Brown, Dwyer, Steven Jackson, Reece, Spiller, Starks, Thomas
WR (4-6): Jon Baldwin, Boykin, A.J. Green, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson, McCluster, Rice, Rod Streater
TE (1-3): Vernon Davis, Zach Miller

HHorsie
Role Player
Role Player

Re: McCoy (Colt...) to wait on Luck?

Postby HHorsie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:48 am

Colt Mccoy is worth more than the 5.1. He is a starting Qb. If you have Newton and Bradford why look to grab Colt and why are you taking Luck with the 1.1. Your need is at Rb Richardson seems like the no brainer choice to me.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:54 am

Your post says you only have Kolb, but your sig is different. Need full roster to make informed decision.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 am

In a 16-team league, McCoy is worth much more than the 5.01, so I would take that deal before it's too late.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

pierrefr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pierrefr » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:03 am

Sorry, I am not talking about my signature's team but my other team (that I can't put in my signature because of the number of characters limit).
It's an IDP league but here are my IOP roster. The scoring is regular (IDP) except that QB's TD are worth 6 points but an Int is -4. We start 1 QB.
12 teams, non PPR

RB (2-4): Blount, Bryce Brown, Andre Brown, Dwyer, Steven Jackson, Reece, Spiller, Starks, Thomas
WR (4-6): Jon Baldwin, Boykin, A.J. Green, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson, McCluster, Rice, Rod Streater

pierrefr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby pierrefr » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:08 am

Let's say that McCoy has obviously a better value than the 5.01, but do I really need this player.
12 teams, non PPR

Lgreg
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Lgreg » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:13 am

pierrefr wrote:Let's say that McCoy has obviously a better value than the 5.01, but do I really need this player.
I think u need to trade for Cam Newton in this league :D

But take the deal, u don't even know if Luck is going to start in september
16 teams PPR, IDP, 6pts all TD

(1QB) Peyton, Tannehill, Malett
(2-3RB) Murray, M.Ball, Stewart, Ivory, D. Harris
(3-4WR) Demaryus, Marshall, Gordon, R. White, Britt, , J. Simpson, Dobson, Jernigan, Toon
(1-2TE) Gronk, Housler, J Cameron
(1DT) Odrick, K. Short
(2DE) J. Allen, Dunlap, C. Long,
(3LB) D Smith, Ogletree, Beason, B. Jones, A. Cole Bradham, Spence, Z Gooden, J Collins
(2CB) J. Smith, Maxwell
(2S) Bethea, W. Moore, A Williams, Ihedigbo

1.15 / 2.8 / 2.15 / 3.3 / 3.15 / 5.8 / 5.15

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:16 am

pierrefr wrote:Let's say that McCoy has obviously a better value than the 5.01, but do I really need this player.
If his salary is reasonable, I trade the 5.01 for him. I like to have three QB in a 16-team league. You need an every week starter, a backup who is an NFL starter, and a young guy who has the talent to be your starter down the line.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:16 am

Lgreg wrote:
I think u need to trade for Cam Newton in this league :D

But take the deal, u don't even know if Luck is going to start in september
um who do the colts have that would start over him?
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

Flounch
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Flounch » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:19 am

Waouh only a 5.01 for McCoy, this owner is insane

Dynastyman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynastyman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 am

I would take this deal as well. Eveyone is down on Colt Mccoy but I believe this year you will see him emerge as long as Cleveland gets him some weapons to help on offense. I've watched him play a couple of games and am not ready to give up on him yet. Patience is a virtue with QBS and sometimes players don't emerge right off. Mccoy only played half a season in 2010 and had no offseason because of the lockout last summer. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he does in 2012. I think the Browns management believe in Mccoy and will give him another chance to do it this year. I'm pulling for him cause I drafted him in 2010 and hope he comes on this year, but the Browns need to surround him with talent for him to succeed. He's not the type of QB who will carry a team.
QBS- Vick,R. Wilson, Flynn, Palmer
RBS- Sproles, Spiller, R. Bush, Tate, J. Stewart
WRS- L. Moore, S. Rice, D. Thomas,Wayne
TES- Miller, Celek
K'S- Hartley
DEF/ST Denver, New Orleans

2002 pts champion, 2007 HTH champion
league scoring: 6 pts all tds. non ppr. 10 teams, 18 roster spots. Start 2 QBS, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1TE, 1K, 1 Def/St.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:53 am

With Palmer and Rivers already in his roster, I think McCoy owner should accept cause with this pick he could grab a sub for all his terrifics TE and particularly Kendricks :D