Picks Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Picks Trade

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:45 am

What would you guys think of this deal?

Give: 1.02 ($10,5), 1.12 ($8,5)
Get: J.Stew ($20,2), 1.08 ($8,5), 2.04 ($6,4)

I'm thinking this is a decent deal. The guy really, really has a man crush on Blackmon and the deal would be contingent on Blackmon being there at the 1.02 (which he will be). It's for my team in sig (non-PPR) and I feel a little thin at RB2.

tmaleman
Captain
Captain

Re: Picks Trade

Postby tmaleman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:47 am

I love the deal for you. If Stewart was available in the rookie draft at 1.2, I'd draft him, so the rest is gravy to me

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:49 am

tmaleman wrote:I love the deal for you. If Stewart was available in the rookie draft at 1.2, I'd draft him, so the rest is gravy to me
Right - but note the contract lengths. J.Stew will be difficult to retain after the 2013 season.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:51 am

You'd get both Stewart AND a 1st rounder back? That's a win for you my friend, I'd take it. My advice is given without any salary cap experience though.

tmaleman
Captain
Captain

Postby tmaleman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:54 am

does he become UFA? if so, are people going to be queuing up to sign him?

JockPostDT
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby JockPostDT » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:54 am

tstafford wrote:What would you guys think of this deal?

Give: 1.02 ($10,5), 1.12 ($8,5)
Get: J.Stew ($20,2), 1.08 ($8,5), 2.04 ($6,4)

I'm thinking this is a decent deal. The guy really, really has a man crush on Blackmon and the deal would be contingent on Blackmon being there at the 1.02 (which he will be). It's for my team in sig (non-PPR) and I feel a little thin at RB2.
Not a bad deal at all, but JStew for only 2 years kinda scares me if you don't think you'll be able to resign after contract is up. Might not be able to realize his value in the next 2 seasons...
Follow me on Twitter @JockPostDT

16 team Dynasty PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1K 1DEF $200 cap
QB- Luck, Mallet, Bridgewater
RB- JCharles, CJ Anderson, Hyde, JStew
WR- AJG, Kennan Allen, Reuben Randle
TE- Kelce, Allen

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 am

BeRanDone wrote:You'd get both Stewart AND a 1st rounder back? That's a win for you my friend, I'd take it. My advice is given without any salary cap experience though.
Would you be willing to do this deal?
Give: 1.02 ($10,5)
Get: J.Stew ($20,2) / 2.04 ($6,4)

I'm about 100% sure that gets done today. So the way to think about this is Blackmon for five years or J.Stew for two, plus whoever is there at 2.04. Note: This seems light to me.
Last edited by tstafford on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:58 am

tmaleman wrote:does he become UFA? if so, are people going to be queuing up to sign him?
I'd have two options:
A: Franchise tag: Pay him approximately $70 (of $250) and keep him for up to three years
B: Transition him: I get right of last refusal to match the highest bid in the FA auction and then sign him up to three years

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 am

Same league as the one where you were trying to pick up rice? Seems to me like those top rookie picks have incredible value. The ability to sign long term deals at small dollars. I'd keep the pick and the cap space.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 am

BubbaBurst wrote:Same league as the one where you were trying to pick up rice? Seems to me like those top rookie picks have incredible value. The ability to sign long term deals at small dollars. I'd keep the pick and the cap space.
Same league and you've got it. Think of the value that AJ Green has at $10 for five years. I've been riding Nicks on his rookie contract to three straight playoffs.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:25 am

BubbaBurst wrote:Same league as the one where you were trying to pick up rice? Seems to me like those top rookie picks have incredible value. The ability to sign long term deals at small dollars. I'd keep the pick and the cap space.
We may be in the minority, but I agree that I would keep the pick. The cap flexibility is too valuable IMO. Having Jstew at almost 25% of the cap doesn't seem like a great idea to me. I like Jstew, but I think his price is ridiculous. If you're not sold on Blackmon, maybe try moving down to 1.03 or 1.04 and take the BPA RB.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:50 am

henry1jg wrote:
We may be in the minority, but I agree that I would keep the pick. The cap flexibility is too valuable IMO. Having Jstew at almost 25% of the cap doesn't seem like a great idea to me. I like Jstew, but I think his price is ridiculous. If you're not sold on Blackmon, maybe try moving down to 1.03 or 1.04 and take the BPA RB.
But he's got two more years at only $20. I'm not disagreeing with you. Just making sure we all have the same facts.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:00 am

tstafford wrote:
henry1jg wrote:
But he's got two more years at only $20. I'm not disagreeing with you. Just making sure we all have the same facts.
Yeah I know, but this year hes at best a RB2 with Dwill stealing carries & Cam vulturing TD's. Then best case scenario, he leaves for a great situation and has a RB1 type of season. Then he becomes a huge cap burden for you, if you choose to keep him. You would be in a bidding war for a 27 year old RB. Like I said, I have nothing against Jstew, and I would love to acquie him myself, but with these cap parameters, I would pass.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

tmaleman
Captain
Captain

Postby tmaleman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:09 am

henry1jg wrote:
tstafford wrote:
henry1jg wrote: We may be in the minority, but I agree that I would keep the pick. The cap flexibility is too valuable IMO. Having Jstew at almost 25% of the cap doesn't seem like a great idea to me. I like Jstew, but I think his price is ridiculous. If you're not sold on Blackmon, maybe try moving down to 1.03 or 1.04 and take the BPA RB.
Yeah I know, but this year hes at best a RB2 with Dwill stealing carries & Cam vulturing TD's. Then best case scenario, he leaves for a great situation and has a RB1 type of season. Then he becomes a huge cap burden for you, if you choose to keep him. You would be in a bidding war for a 27 year old RB. Like I said, I have nothing against Jstew, and I would love to acquie him myself, but with these cap parameters, I would pass.
This makes complete sense, the cap figures didnt really register with me at first, as I don't play cap leagues

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks guys. Maybe I've been thinking about this all wrong. This is non-PPR so RBs are at a premium and that's what I need. Maybe I just keep my shirt on and see if one of the RBs emerges via the predraft process to where I can feel comfortable taking one at 1.02 and avoiding all the back and forth of a complicated trade. It's important to note that there is a near zero chance that a QB will go early in this draft. Because of the contract implications their value is greatly depressed. My guess is that there is a 50/50 chance that RG3 is there for me at 1.12. I suppose with my WRs, coming out of this draft with the RB2 and RG3 wouldn't be all bad. I'm just becoming disenchanted with Blackmon for non-PPR, I think.