Moves to make to finally win the ship

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
chronicdakpain
Rookie
Rookie

Moves to make to finally win the ship

Postby chronicdakpain » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:52 am

Hi everyone.
I've come close to winning once again but lost unfortuantely in the ship.
I think I'm still a contender for next season so want to go right back to the ship. Any suggestions on what moves I should make trough trades or in the rookie draft to make that happen?

Team in sig.
12-Team | 0.75 ppr | 22 man roster | QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLEX, K, DST - Est. 2018

2018: 2nd place :wall:
2019: 3rd place :|
2021: 2nd place :wall:

Current Roster:
QB: Dak Prescott, Derek Carr
RB: CMC, Travis Etienne, Leonard Fournette, Elijah Mitchell, Rachaad White, Samaje Perine, Jaylen Warren, Darrell Henderson
WR: D.J. Moore, Amari Cooper, Deebo Samuel, Curtis Samuel, Christian Kirk, Elijah Moore, Skyy Moore, George Pickens,
TE: TJ Hockenson

2023: 1,2,3,4,5,6
2024: 1,2,2,3,4,5,6

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Moves to make to finally win the ship

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:04 am

I could see this team going either way honestly. Etienne could be a huge factor depending on which way he goes, Mitchell's workload will play a factor and how do CMC and Fournette produce? Solid WR core but not stacked by any means and hopefully Hockenson can stay healthy. I could be way off here, but I would be a bit concerned heading into 2022 because if you do not win a title, some of your assets will have very little value heading into 2023. With still trying to contend, I would at least shop CMC and see if there is a way to add multiple younger pieces that still help you contend. That seems a bit unlikely with CMC not carrying the value he once did but it never hurts to shop. I am interested to see how the rest of the community views this build. There is a ton of potential here to be a championship team but also the possibly that the wheels fall off.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:18 pm

Gator makes good production points, but hopefully McCaffrey and Etienne come back next year healthy. You have a few younger WRs that could/should develop further in the Moores. Berrios looks like he’ll end up with the slot role to himself with Crowder being as expensive as he is. That’s just a lot of eggs in the NYJ basket.

With a solid starter at QB and TE, if you felt like you were a contender, I’d use your 1sts this year to add upgrades. If there is a rookie there you feel will be productive, select away. I’d pair one with Rondale to shoot for a more reliable option.

If you feel a bit off about your chances, I would look at a retool by shopping CMC, Fournette (as soon as he produces during these playoffs), Mitchell (same), Cooper, and Kupp for players and 2023 1sts. Kupp could bring in a load after the season he just had. Ultimately, you have to decide which direction best suits you.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:56 pm

First thing I noticed, is I would definitely keep Boston Scott over Justin Jackson. Minor point there, but he is so damn consistent when he gets the start.

I do think Etienne will have a big bump in value due to a productive season, which should help your chances big time.

I haven't seen anyone talk about this, but Elijah Mitchell has some indicators that lead me to believe he will be injury prone throughout his NFL career (I really hope not though). His size is very small for a rb. He had 5+ seperate injuries in his first season. Didn't dive super deep, but don't think he had many injuries in college except for breaking his foot in his freshman year I believe. For this reason, and the 9ers likely to see this possibility as well, I think it's very likely that he either misses time due to injury or his role decreases into a committee to some degree, thus lowering his lineup-value. With this being said, I'd be looking to flip him in one way or another into a different RB. If you could trade Mitchell for Jacobs (possibly even jacobs+ depending on the owner) then I would pursue it.

TE is the position I would make sure i address before the season though of them all. Hockenson has as much talent as any, but you need a guy who will be available. If you could trade that 1.12 for Knox and a second that might be a good play to lock up that position. Or maybe a second or third for Ertz, who looks to be a huge part of that offense down the stretch and hopefully into next season as well.

Other than that, I think you have to go for the 'ship and hope for the best. Using one or both of your firsts on a rb or wr upgrade seems like a good plan. If you could package Mitchell and a first for a big time rb upgrade, I think it would give you a good shot. Maybe mitchell +1st for dalvin is within reach? Honestly I would even trade Mitchell and both those firsts for Taylor I think, giving you a studly RB core.