What moves should I make this offseason?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
trying_2B_good
Rookie
Rookie

What moves should I make this offseason?

Postby trying_2B_good » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Team is in the signature.

I had a good 2021, winning most points and making it to the title game before losing. I'm looking for moves that will keep me towards the top. I have decent depth, but not a ton of draft capital to spend.

First, I'm thinking I should upgrade at QB and package Rodgers, my 2023 first and some seconds to get one of the blue chip QBs (Mahomes, Allen, Herbert), but am not getting much interest there. So, if this a move I should make, any thoughts on trade construction?

Second, I like my WR core, but I think I could upgrade. Ceedee and McLaurin had disappointing seasons; Deebo was a breakout and Higgins was inconsistent but came on late; Aiyuk is a nice depth piece. Ideally, I'd love to package some of these guys together with picks to get a vet (maybe Adams or Kupp) or someone like AJB. Ultimately, these moves feel too marginal so I'm not sure what to do here with the WRs. CD and McLaurin would be sell lows; Deebo might be a good sell high, but I also think he's legit so I'd rather just hold onto him.

I think I'm good at RB with two studs (JT and Najee) and some decent depth (Carter and Singletary). TE is also a bit open but I like my chances if Gronk comes back and, if not, I like Schultz and Kmet.

Any other thoughts are welcome.
12 team PPR, 1 QB, IDP;
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, FLEX, K, DL, LB, DB
2018-2020: consistent ending around 7-9 in standings
2021: 1st in points, playoff runner up
2022: 2nd worst team

QB: Daniel Jones, Purdy

RB: Najee, Jonathan Taylor, Singletary, Jalen Warren, Gibbs

WR: Adams, Pittman, McLaurin, Higgins, Aiyuk, others

TE: Kmet, Henry, Ertz, Ferguson

K: Gay

DL: Nick Bosa
LB: Roquan Smith
DB: Mathieu

Taxi: Hassan Haskins, Keontay Ingram, Boutee

Notable picks: 1 2024 first; 3 2025 1st and 2 2nd; 2026 first and second

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What moves should I make this offseason?

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 pm

Congrats on the solid season.

I would be interested in an upgrade at QB based on age and the uncertainty around Rodgers but it would also depend on cost. You could always hold and if Rodgers comes back for another year, not worry about QB as of now. Carter and Singletary are both decent depth but could also not hit next year. if there is a way to add another RB3, I would explore that. If the prices are too high, I would roll into next year with those two as your depth and go from there based on production and how its trending. I think your WR core is solid but I am still high on Aiyuk and expect better seasons from Lamb and McLaurin. Moore, Palmer and Chark could all chip in as well with another year to grow. TE is an obvious need but TE's can be extremely expensive in some leagues, so this comes down to cost for me as well. Kmet could make a jump and while Schultz has been good, he is a must shop for me in case he moves on from Dallas. I think he is a product of his system far more over being a great player. He could stay in Dallas, but I would not bank on it with the salary issues there. It's not the most exciting answer, but I would not be looking to break up your core to add a "stud" and would see how the offseason progresses and how your team comes together. The biggest focus for me would be selling Schultz. You could always make the assets you are willing to sell available and see if any helpful offers come and gauge value from there.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What moves should I make this offseason?

Postby Yarnith » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:57 pm

If the blue chip QB's are off the table you may look into some lottery tickets. See who is impatient with Fields, Lance ,Wilson or Lawrence. Better upsides than your QB2 and 3. You could also try to move Singletary and your 2 for an early 2 late 1 in this draft and grab a QB there. I wouldn't sit on Singletary as I just feel like Buffalo is tired of Allen being the leading rusher. Overall last 2 years the Bills RBs have not been good.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu