Terry Mclaurin vs Amon Ra

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Beer Makes Me Smile
Captain
Captain

Terry Mclaurin vs Amon Ra

Postby Beer Makes Me Smile » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:23 am

I am looking to move Terry McLaurin and thinking about going after Amon Ra. After reading a lot of the forum about Amon Ra I think I am higher on him than most here. So I ask what does the community think the difference is in draft capital? Is asking for a 2023 1st on top of Amon Ra too much?

Thanks and cheers!

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Terry Mclaurin vs Amon Ra

Postby jwb32 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:21 am

Tough spot. I love McLaurin as a talent. BUT, he’s coming off a mediocre season. QB is a complete question mark. WFT is a mess. And he’ll turn 27 at start of next season. When acquiring a 27yo WR, you expect immediate return on your investment, yet there is nothing to indicate McLaurin’s situation will improve in 2022. Meanwhile, you are buying ARSB at peak. While a 2023 1st makes sense in theory, I don’t see it happening.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

Beer Makes Me Smile
Captain
Captain

Postby Beer Makes Me Smile » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:34 am

jwb32 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:21 am Tough spot. I love McLaurin as a talent. BUT, he’s coming off a mediocre season. QB is a complete question mark. WFT is a mess. And he’ll turn 27 at start of next season. When acquiring a 27yo WR, you expect immediate return on your investment, yet there is nothing to indicate McLaurin’s situation will improve in 2022. Meanwhile, you are buying ARSB at peak. While a 2023 1st makes sense in theory, I don’t see it happening.
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Timing is everything. Probably better to wait til free agency and draft. If Wash gets the QB upgrade and when Detroit drafts a WR1 type it will be easier then.

Thanks for your reply

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:46 am

I think adding the 2023 first is very realistic and could easily see people going for that.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:00 am

I’d rather roll the dice on ARSB rather than give up the 1st. I agree with your follow up post that it is better to wait and see what WFT does in FA/draft so you can maximize potential value of moving him.

Blumpy
Starter
Starter

Postby Blumpy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:11 am

Ya I'd hold ARSB and the 1st. Terry has been great but too many questions in WFT (which is crazy considering Amon Ra is in Detroit)
Dynasty 10 Team Full PPR SF (Team BlowItUp)1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1 Flex/1 Superflex
QB-Allen, Herbert, Burrow
RB- Breece, Gibbs, Bijan, Kyren
WR-Chase, AJB, Ceedee, Diggs
TE- Andrews

Dynasty 14 Team 1/2 PPR (Team Punt) 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex
QB Burrow, Watson
RB- Bijan and garbage
WR- Rice,Higgins, C. Watson, garbage
TE- McBride

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:53 am

I think asking for a 1st on top of St Brown is a hefty ask. McLaurin is coming off a bad season and hopefully gets a better QB. Down the stretch, St Brown showed extremely well and that is fresh in everyone's mind. I could see both sides thinking something needs added but with recency bias always in play, I would have these two pretty close straight up depending on preference with McLaurin being the more proven piece.

TheKraken
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheKraken » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 am

I have Amon Ra and would not add anything to get McLaurin. I would probably prefer Amon Ra straight up over McLaurin. McLaurin is good but when will his QB situation improve. Amon Ra already proved he can produce with the current QB. Plus Amon is years younger.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 am

TheKraken wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 am I have Amon Ra and would not add anything to get McLaurin. I would probably prefer Amon Ra straight up over McLaurin. McLaurin is good but when will his QB situation improve. Amon Ra already proved he can produce with the current QB. Plus Amon is years younger.
x2. I’d have to think hard about sending ARSB straight up and not sure I would. No way I’m adding.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:14 pm

Just wait for Detroit to inevitably add to their receiving group and then pursue the offer, should you still be interested. Most Amon-Ra owners right now are thinking the end to the season is what they can expect going forward, but a highly drafted (or expensive FA) addition will dampen the enthusiasm.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Buckhill Bombers
MVP
MVP

Postby Buckhill Bombers » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:07 pm

I guess I am bias but I think you guys are under valuing Terry. He has had horse crap for QB the last 2 years and still as put up over 1000 yards a season and he almost never drops a pass. Washington WILL have a new starting QB next year. Rivera has made clear they will leave no stone unturned and they have the cap space to make a big move. Worst case they draft a rookie but I think they will be all in on some of the free agents that are available. I wouldn't trade Terry in any of my dynasty leagues for St Brown but as I said, I am a homer. I just know Terry is open ALL THE TIME, he just hasn't had a QB with any arm strength to get him the ball. Literally every game he got separation and was open only to watch the ball slowly loft towards him and the DB knock it away. Get a QB with a rifle and his numbers go up BIG TIME

HerbUrban
Starter
Starter

Postby HerbUrban » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:11 pm

I’d rather have Terry. Better talent in my opinion. His QB can’t get any worse. ARSB might not see this kind of consistent volume again. Detroit was without Swift, Hock or a second solid WR toward the end of the season.
16 team-Dynasty-PPR IDP - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE) 10 IDP

QB - J. Herbert, A. O’Connell, J. Stidham

RB - Bij. Robinson, K. Herbert, J. McLaughlin, M. Carter,
K. Gainwell, E. Gray, J. Mason, Z. Evans, S. Tucker,
C. Brooks, D. McBride, J. Chestnut

WR - J. Chase, C. Lamb, T. Hill, B. Aiyuk, M. Evans,
C. Kirk, E. Moore, R. Bateman, A.T. Perry, T. Scott,
T. Tucker, J. Smith-Schuster

TE - J. Ferguson, D. Bellinger, J. Ruckert

LB- A. Singleton, R. Spillane, A. Anzalone, D. Campbell, K. Elliss, J. Gibbens, EJ Speed, K. Hudson, I. McDuffie,
A. Davis-Gaither

DB - A. Gilman, D. King

K - D. Carlson

(2010 - ) League Champion 2011, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2020, 2021

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:34 pm

Beer Makes Me Smile wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:23 am I am looking to move Terry McLaurin and thinking about going after Amon Ra. After reading a lot of the forum about Amon Ra I think I am higher on him than most here. So I ask what does the community think the difference is in draft capital? Is asking for a 2023 1st on top of Amon Ra too much?

Thanks and cheers!
Yeah, I don't think Terry gets you Amon Ra and the 23 first. Probably one or the other, not both.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Beer Makes Me Smile
Captain
Captain

Postby Beer Makes Me Smile » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:09 am

Buckhill Bombers wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:07 pm I guess I am bias but I think you guys are under valuing Terry. He has had horse crap for QB the last 2 years and still as put up over 1000 yards a season and he almost never drops a pass. Washington WILL have a new starting QB next year. Rivera has made clear they will leave no stone unturned and they have the cap space to make a big move. Worst case they draft a rookie but I think they will be all in on some of the free agents that are available. I wouldn't trade Terry in any of my dynasty leagues for St Brown but as I said, I am a homer. I just know Terry is open ALL THE TIME, he just hasn't had a QB with any arm strength to get him the ball. Literally every game he got separation and was open only to watch the ball slowly loft towards him and the DB knock it away. Get a QB with a rifle and his numbers go up BIG TIME
Yea What this thread told me to do is go try and buy Terry in the leagues I do not have him lol

Beer Makes Me Smile
Captain
Captain

Postby Beer Makes Me Smile » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:34 pm
Beer Makes Me Smile wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:23 am I am looking to move Terry McLaurin and thinking about going after Amon Ra. After reading a lot of the forum about Amon Ra I think I am higher on him than most here. So I ask what does the community think the difference is in draft capital? Is asking for a 2023 1st on top of Amon Ra too much?

Thanks and cheers!
Yeah, I don't think Terry gets you Amon Ra and the 23 first. Probably one or the other, not both.
I agree, I thought it was aggressive. I wanted to check in because a couple weeks ago people here were claiming Amon Ra was a 2nd at best. Which I did not agree with.