Where to improve 2022? Priority sells?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where to improve 2022? Priority sells?

Postby Prison_Mike » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:58 pm

(12tm | Half-PPR | 1QB) - very frustrated with this team. Just wrapped up the third season and have finishes of 5th, 4th, and 4th respectively

I think I’ve got a playoff-level roster for 2022, but limited draft capital. Where would you look to improve? Who would you prioritize selling?

Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLX
QB: Stafford, Baker, Teddy, Cam
RB: Saquon, Jacobs, Dobbins, Sanders, Conner, White, Howard
WR: Godwin, DJM, Higgins, OBJ, Sutton, Meyers
Watkins
TE: Fant, Njoku, Arnold, Moreau, Albert O.
‘22 picks: 3.09
‘23 picks: 1st, 3rd, 3rd

The only clear sell I see is OBJ (if possible). Anything else you would prioritize?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Where to improve 2022? Priority sells?

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:02 pm

I would shop Sanders, Conner, Higgins, Beckham, Sutton, Stafford and Fant. I would only sell for the right return though especially with Higgins. Conner seems unlikely to duplicate what he did this year. Top 10 RB with 100 yard games...Hard to say what the market is for all of these assets but I think they are worth shopping.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:57 pm

Honestly I like your roster

Only guys I'd shop hard are Sanders and Conner

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:01 pm

Too many QBs and the backups (Baker, Bridgewater and Newton) are unlikely to hold any value so I would be taking anything you can get. This will free up those roster spots to stash more backup RBs that use can for a game or two throughout the season (Cordarelle Patterson, D'Ernest Johnson, Rashad Penny, Justin Jackson may have been available on the WW at some point, they all were in my 14 team SF league with 25 man rosters).
Same reasoning at TE as having 5 streaming options is limiting your RB lottery tickets. Best trade chip is Fant to someone who thinks he could be a difference maker (I do not view him as such). Maybe the new coach upgrades the QB position but Fant's reputation outstrips his production.
Your top 3 WR are dynasty darlings but are really in the large group of WR2 (especially with Godwin's injury) and therefore do not provide much differentiation from most of the other teams WRs (saying this as I have Moore and Higgins as my top 2 WR in the aforementioned 14 team league) Possible arbitrage plays for Godwin, DJ Moore, Higgins might be Pittman, Mooney, Aiyuk, E. Moore where you get something else added on. There may not be that much of a market for Beckham, Sutton or Meyers as all the other teams probably have many WR of similar quality so I would take anything with more upside.
Your roster is decent with a lot of "pretty" names that are lacking in production and there are no elite talents, which show in the results mentioned. Without draft capital, if you are planning on running it back, you will have to play the RB carousel more and hope to hit on backups who get the odd game like the guys mentioned above. I would not have any sacred cows on this roster. Saquon still has a big name that maybe you can take advantage of.
Best of luck with any moves!