Not liking my team and need less bitter minds to help...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Not liking my team and need less bitter minds to help...

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:39 pm

I apologize for the long post in advance. I have posted about this team many times and mentioned how expensive QBs are in this league and how difficult it is to land RBs and most notably TEs. I'm coming off another top 3 finish for the fourth year in a row and zero playoff wins in that stretch. I have not won a title in this league in 8 years. All QB TDs are worth 6 points, so again they are valued heavily (in theory).

12 team, .5 PPR start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 3 flex (non-SF). 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 1 point per 25 yards passing. 5 point bonus for 100+ rushing or receiving and 400 yards passing. All TDs are worth 6 points.

Main build (not random unimportant depth):
QB: Mahomes, Herbert, Watson
RB: Aaron Jones, Conner, Etienne, Foreman
WR: Jefferson, Godwin, Lamb, Allen, Aiyuk, Jeudy, Ridley??
TE: Engram, Njoku, J. Smith...

I have gone pretty hard and have no meaningful picks until 2024 and I hate holding Jones and Conner for hope.

Here is where I need a reality check or words of encouragement. I think I can turn Mahomes and Herbert into: Dobbins, E. Mitchell, Pitts, Lance and possibly Bateman/Pittman or McLaurin. Obviously a lot of upside but tons of unproven/what ifs coming back. Am I better to hold and take what I can for Jones, Conner, Allen or make some big moves.

Projected lineup would be:

Lance/Watson
Etienne
Jefferson
Pitts
Lamb
Dobbins/Allen
Mitchell/Godwin and so on

Or hold

Mahomes or Herbert
Etienne
Jefferson
Njoku or Engram
Lamb
Allen
Aiyuk/Godwin

In either set up, I'm hesitant to rely on Jones or Conner.

Thanks all!!

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Not liking my team and need less bitter minds to help...

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:01 pm

Could you sell Jones or Connor for TE and shop Allen, Aiyuk, Jeudy, Ridley, Jones/Connor for RB? It's probably fine to shop one of those QBs as well. I think your roster is better without the big moves.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:09 pm

bigbuck22 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:01 pm Could you sell Jones or Connor for TE and shop Allen, Aiyuk, Jeudy, Ridley, Jones/Connor for RB? It's probably fine to shop one of those QBs as well. I think your roster is better without the big moves.
That is the issue I ran into all last year. No TEs that matter can be had at a reasonable price unfortunately. I plan to shop Allen, Jones and Conner but don't expect much interest but you never know. I am hoping to be surprised! I appreciate the input and 1 vote to not move both QBs.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:57 pm

I apologize for the long post in advance. I have posted about this team many times and mentioned how expensive QBs are in this league and how difficult it is to land RBs and most notably TEs. I'm coming off another top 3 finish for the fourth year in a row and zero playoff wins in that stretch. I have not won a title in this league in 8 years. All QB TDs are worth 6 points, so again they are valued heavily (in theory).

12 team, .5 PPR start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE and 3 flex (non-SF). 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 1 point per 25 yards passing. 5 point bonus for 100+ rushing or receiving and 400 yards passing. All TDs are worth 6 points.

Relatively small starting lineups. 0.5 ppr will stress the RBs. I'm surprised QB values are very high, but most likely you'll have to zig when others zag there.

If QBs are truly expensive then once Watson comes back you should be moving one of these 3 QBs.

Looks like a below average group. Hopefully conner resigns and Etienne comes back healthy, but you may just have a single RB. Fortunately you only have to start 1. Definitely need to start investing in this group.

Lots of potential and questions. Godwin will be coming off an ACL injury. who knows where he is playing. Lamb needs to take a step forward. Aiyuk I think is still overvalued. I'd look to move him asap. I don't think things get any better for him next year with Lance there. Allen is getting up there, I still like him a lot, but I think you can move him too. Rdley? ooph, we'll need to see him come back, but there is a non-zero chance that he is done with football.

another below average group.

I have gone pretty hard and have no meaningful picks until 2024 and I hate holding Jones and Conner for hope.
uh oh... I think its time to stop moving picks.

Here is where I need a reality check or words of encouragement. I think I can turn Mahomes and Herbert into: Dobbins, E. Mitchell, Pitts, Lance and possibly Bateman/Pittman or McLaurin. Obviously a lot of upside but tons of unproven/what ifs coming back. Am I better to hold and take what I can for Jones, Conner, Allen or make some big moves.

words of encouragement, I don't think i can give you. Reality check coming in. You have depth and strength at QB, potentially 3 top 12 or even top 6 players. but you can only start one. you need to move them especially if they are overvalued. Moving Mahomes and Herbert for dobbins, mitchell, pitts, lance, and bateman/pittman/mclaurin is a good deal value wise. If you do that, I would immediately flip mitchell. I'd probably pioritize the last group of wrs as mclaurin, bateman, pittman. The reality is, if Watson comes back, you likely aren't losing much in your qb production but are gaining production at your other positions. Even if watson doesn't come back immediately, Lance hsould give you a good floor.

Lance/Watson
Etienne
Jefferson
Pitts
Lamb
Dobbins/Allen

Or hold

Mahomes or Herbert
Etienne
Jefferson
Njoku or Engram
Lamb
Allen
Aiyuk/Godwin

Thanks all!!

If you have those trades on the table, I'd make the move for them now. I also advise keeping your 2024 and beyond picks for a while. you're going to need some more youth around then. You have the depth to reach playoffs, but I can see why you have been unable to win a playoff game.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:51 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:57 pm I apologize for the long post in advance. I have posted about this team many times and mentioned how expensive QBs are in this league and how difficult it is to land RBs and most notably TEs. I'm coming off another top 3 finish for the fourth year in a row and zero playoff wins in that stretch. I have not won a title in this league in 8 years. All QB TDs are worth 6 points, so again they are valued heavily (in theory).

Relatively small starting lineups. 0.5 ppr will stress the RBs. I'm surprised QB values are very high, but most likely you'll have to zig when others zag there.

If QBs are truly expensive then once Watson comes back you should be moving one of these 3 QBs.

Looks like a below average group. Hopefully conner resigns and Etienne comes back healthy, but you may just have a single RB. Fortunately you only have to start 1. Definitely need to start investing in this group.

Lots of potential and questions. Godwin will be coming off an ACL injury. who knows where he is playing. Lamb needs to take a step forward. Aiyuk I think is still overvalued. I'd look to move him asap. I don't think things get any better for him next year with Lance there. Allen is getting up there, I still like him a lot, but I think you can move him too. Rdley? ooph, we'll need to see him come back, but there is a non-zero chance that he is done with football.

another below average group.

uh oh... I think its time to stop moving picks.

words of encouragement, I don't think i can give you. Reality check coming in. You have depth and strength at QB, potentially 3 top 12 or even top 6 players. but you can only start one. you need to move them especially if they are overvalued. Moving Mahomes and Herbert for dobbins, mitchell, pitts, lance, and bateman/pittman/mclaurin is a good deal value wise. If you do that, I would immediately flip mitchell. I'd probably pioritize the last group of wrs as mclaurin, bateman, pittman. The reality is, if Watson comes back, you likely aren't losing much in your qb production but are gaining production at your other positions. Even if watson doesn't come back immediately, Lance hsould give you a good floor.

Lance/Watson
Etienne
Jefferson
Pitts
Lamb
Dobbins/Allen

Or hold

Mahomes or Herbert
Etienne
Jefferson
Njoku or Engram
Lamb
Allen
Aiyuk/Godwin

Thanks all!!

If you have those trades on the table, I'd make the move for them now. I also advise keeping your 2024 and beyond picks for a while. you're going to need some more youth around then. You have the depth to reach playoffs, but I can see why you have been unable to win a playoff game.
I really appreciate the detailed rundown and input. My future picks are not going anywhere and I am exploring getting my 2023 1st back. I pretty much with you. I do not think my team is very good and even with only having to start 1 RB, my RB is in major trouble. Etienne is an exciting prospect but a complete unknown and if he does not hit...I'm in big trouble. I am hoping to turn this roster throughout the offseason and based on league value, my QBs seem the best way to go. The trades are in talks which can go up and down in this league but the return listed seems very in reach. Even with Mahomes and/or Herbert, I am in trouble.

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:45 am

In a Non-Sf this is easy take the deal and ride off to the title next year.... or flip for picks that move makes you a lot more versatile and fluid as a team. Easy accept for me
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

zaner75
Captain
Captain

Postby zaner75 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:16 am

I would venture a guess that the past league winners all have had elite TE and that's where I see the fatal flaw of this team. The price to acquire is what it is and has been set by the one or two teams who have extra TE, iirc from previous posts. If you have the opportunity to add Pitts, I would do whatever it takes.
I wouldn't hesitate moving any of your current QBs. Taking 75% production at QB to gain 100%+ production at TE is a no-brainer move to me. Single game RB streamers may be found throughout the season (D'Ernest Johnson, Justin Jackson, etc.). The key is to have a large supply to choose from.
In short, pretty rosters don't win championships. Most acknowledge that elite TEs provide the largest edge. All other positions can have players emerge from the woodwork, for usable games or seasons (Hunter Renfrow). Go get Pitts. Best of luck!

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 pm

zaner75 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:16 am I would venture a guess that the past league winners all have had elite TE and that's where I see the fatal flaw of this team. The price to acquire is what it is and has been set by the one or two teams who have extra TE, iirc from previous posts. If you have the opportunity to add Pitts, I would do whatever it takes.
I wouldn't hesitate moving any of your current QBs. Taking 75% production at QB to gain 100%+ production at TE is a no-brainer move to me. Single game RB streamers may be found throughout the season (D'Ernest Johnson, Justin Jackson, etc.). The key is to have a large supply to choose from.
In short, pretty rosters don't win championships. Most acknowledge that elite TEs provide the largest edge. All other positions can have players emerge from the woodwork, for usable games or seasons (Hunter Renfrow). Go get Pitts. Best of luck!
I agree with this.
I've always been happy to own a back end QB1 or high QB2 rather than the elite QBs if it gets me dominate players elsewhere. Without looking, I would venture to guess that a guy like Kirk Cousins was pretty close to those elite QBs in at least half the weeks this year and solid enough most of the other weeks. You don't need the top guys in most formats.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:28 pm

You obviously need te production. I still like all 3 of those guys, but you need them to produce.

That .5 ppr really dictates to your need for rb. Most will say you only need to start 1. I'd be trying to start 4.

If you can turn mahomes and Herbert into all of that....you do so and it's not remotely close in my opinion. Pretty surprised that would be available. After pulling this off...I'd focus on going after a te, but if it just isn't happening, turn to rb and don't be shy about it. You only need to start 1 wr. Your young and have depth there. Rb is where you need to focus imo.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:33 pm

I agree with making the move, but I like Pittman from those WRs the most.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:58 pm

I definitely think you need to move Herbert or Mahomes for a rb or elite TE or some sort of package like that. You are in a luxury position right now at the qb position and imo you be wise to sell off one of those qb and address greater areas of need.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:56 am

Like a previous post, in a non SF with Lance coming back and your TE room the way it is, I make this trade, but I would try for a different RB than Dobbins. Not a fan of his situation at all.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:00 am

I'm taking a different approach here. The problem is not your team. It's your league.

1 QB. 1 RB. 1 TE. The rest is FLEX. That puts a huge emphasis on the top players on these 3 positions, and relegates depth to an afterthought.

My main league has a 1 QB // 1 SFLEX // 2 RB // 2 WR // 1 TE // 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) setup. Pretty much the same scoring. My team is quite similar to yours, with the only major exception being that I have Ekeler on RB. I won the title this year, albeit with a fair share of luck.

The advantage of a broader set of starters is that depth becomes more important. Every fantasy team has their strengths and weaknesses, but no team can dominate on all positions, at least not over several seasons.

In your league, if a team happens to have a top 3 player on each QB, RB and TE, then they are almost unbeatable. Finding 4 players to man the WR and FLEX slots is not that huge a challenge. Even if the average scoring on these 4 positions is somewhat below that of their opponents, the dominance on the other 3 positions will make sure that team will win most of their games.

Anyway, in your league, you will need a top 3 RB and a top 3 TE. On QB, you're set. Trading for a top RB or TE will kill you. So indeed, the best strategy is probably to sell a few assets, load up on picks and hope that you draft the right players.

HerbUrban
Starter
Starter

Postby HerbUrban » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:39 pm Projected lineup would be:

Lance/Watson
Etienne
Jefferson
Pitts
Lamb
Dobbins/Allen

Or hold

Mahomes or Herbert
Etienne
Jefferson
Njoku or Engram
Lamb
Allen
Aiyuk/Godwin
In a 1QB league I’d make those deals. Pitts is a TE1 and Dobbins could be a top 5 RB by 2023. Between Lance and you don’t lose much at QB.
16 team-Dynasty-PPR IDP - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE) 10 IDP

QB - J. Herbert, A. O’Connell, J. Stidham

RB - Bij. Robinson, K. Herbert, J. McLaughlin, M. Carter,
K. Gainwell, E. Gray, J. Mason, Z. Evans, S. Tucker,
C. Brooks, D. McBride, J. Chestnut

WR - J. Chase, C. Lamb, T. Hill, B. Aiyuk, M. Evans,
C. Kirk, E. Moore, R. Bateman, A.T. Perry, T. Scott,
T. Tucker, J. Smith-Schuster

TE - J. Ferguson, D. Bellinger, J. Ruckert

LB- A. Singleton, R. Spillane, A. Anzalone, D. Campbell, K. Elliss, J. Gibbens, EJ Speed, K. Hudson, I. McDuffie,
A. Davis-Gaither

DB - A. Gilman, D. King

K - D. Carlson

(2010 - ) League Champion 2011, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2020, 2021

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:40 pm

I'm with the fellas on this, and looking to flip mahomes or Herbert for the biggest haul i could muster with the focal point being an elite TE with a rb as well, or an elite RB with a TE as well. Such small lineup of course puts emphasis on studs, so I'd constantly be looking to make 2for1 deals as well to build up the top end of the roster, allowing bench space for the yearly waiver wire stud scoops. Lastly I'd be looking to sell Keenan asap, preferably packaging him and another of your WRs for a WR upgrade. Just my humble opinions, but I think it all begins with cashing out on the best possible QB deal you can get.