No Fun League: Rebuild Review

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No Fun League: Rebuild Review

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:09 am

Wanted to get some thoughts on my rebuild this year and also some direction going forward...
I started the year trying to compete and realized by mid-september that wasn't happening so decided to blow it up.

Here's my team when the season started (the current team can be seen in the signature - Team 3)

10tm | PPR | SuperFlex

QB: Russ, Wentz, Darnold, Dalton, Brissett
RB: Chubb, Mixon, Hines, White, Coleman, Murray
WR: Hopkins, DJM, Keenan, Julio, Boyd, Tre'Quan
TE: Jonnu, Knox, Ertz, Njoku, Jarwin
'22 picks: 4th
'23 picks: Rd 1st-5th (mine)

Now for the trades, starting in July:

Trade 1:
Gave: Trautman + 2023 3rd
Got: Dalton

Trade 2:
Gave: Conner
Got: Darnold + Gus Edwards

Moving onto late September...

Trade 3:
Gave: Chubb + Boyd + Hines
Got: Akers + Sutton + Freiermuth + (mid) '22 2nd + (late) '22 2nd

(Trades 3 & 4 were made simultaneously)

Trade 4:
Gave: Hopkins
Got: McLaurin + Miles Sanders

Trade 5:
Gave: Keenan + Knox
Got: Pitts + '23 2nd

Trade 6:
Gave: Julio
Got: (early) '22 2nd + '23 2nd + KJ Hamler

Trade 7:
Gave: Wentz + Jonnu + '23 2nd
Got: Tee Higgins

Trade 8:
Gave: (late) '22 2nd + '22 4th
Got: Juju + (early) '22 3rd

Trade 9:
Gave: Mixon + Dan Arnold + (early) '22 2nd + (early) '22 2nd
Got: Javonte + OBJ

Trade 10:
Gave: (my) '23 1st + Freiermuth + Bourne
Got: Lance + Jimmy G + Irv

Current team is in signature and TODAY is the trade deadline

Thoughts on the rebuild?
Are there any final moves you would try to make ahead of the deadline?

How concerned would you be with my RB room? (Javonte, Akers, Sanders, Edwards, White)
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: No Fun League: Rebuild Review

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:10 am

A couple of these moves did not age well but overall I think you did pretty well. You have a solid young core to open the 2022 season. Your RB core will be a work in progress, but Williams looks like a beast and a top young back and hopefully Sanders can build on a solid end of the season. Akers is a wait and see but I would not expect much. You top 3 WR's gives you a nice/productive young core. Moore, Higgins and McLaurin are a great trio and JuJu owners solid hope for a WR4. Pitts is the best young TE you can have in a rebuild and his value is not going anywhere anytime soon. Wilson will hopefully be better next year and Lance + Jimbo could split into two starters which would be big. As far as moves to make, I would shop Newton, Darnold, Edwards, Cohen, White, Beckham, Patrick, Hamler, Harry, Howard and Ertz. Although the likely return will not be great, maybe you can find a decent deal or package a handful together to make a deal. All of these assets offer little in a rebuild. It never hurts to shop. Nice start to your rebuild.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:41 am

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:10 am A couple of these moves did not age well but overall I think you did pretty well. You have a solid young core to open the 2022 season. Your RB core will be a work in progress, but Williams looks like a beast and a top young back and hopefully Sanders can build on a solid end of the season. Akers is a wait and see but I would not expect much. You top 3 WR's gives you a nice/productive young core. Moore, Higgins and McLaurin are a great trio and JuJu owners solid hope for a WR4. Pitts is the best young TE you can have in a rebuild and his value is not going anywhere anytime soon. Wilson will hopefully be better next year and Lance + Jimbo could split into two starters which would be big. As far as moves to make, I would shop Newton, Darnold, Edwards, Cohen, White, Beckham, Patrick, Hamler, Harry, Howard and Ertz. Although the likely return will not be great, maybe you can find a decent deal or package a handful together to make a deal. All of these assets offer little in a rebuild. It never hurts to shop. Nice start to your rebuild.
Thanks Gator.

Yeah the first two trades happened in July and absolutely didn't age well. I thought both were solid prices for a starting QB in SuperFlex. Just wish I'd come to the realization that my team needed a rebuild before both of them lost all of their value lol

I've shopped most of the guys you mentioned outside of Harry, who was a $0 waiver add so I don't see anyone being interested. It was a mistake to not get anything for Cam after his game against WAS

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:51 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:41 am
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:10 am A couple of these moves did not age well but overall I think you did pretty well. You have a solid young core to open the 2022 season. Your RB core will be a work in progress, but Williams looks like a beast and a top young back and hopefully Sanders can build on a solid end of the season. Akers is a wait and see but I would not expect much. You top 3 WR's gives you a nice/productive young core. Moore, Higgins and McLaurin are a great trio and JuJu owners solid hope for a WR4. Pitts is the best young TE you can have in a rebuild and his value is not going anywhere anytime soon. Wilson will hopefully be better next year and Lance + Jimbo could split into two starters which would be big. As far as moves to make, I would shop Newton, Darnold, Edwards, Cohen, White, Beckham, Patrick, Hamler, Harry, Howard and Ertz. Although the likely return will not be great, maybe you can find a decent deal or package a handful together to make a deal. All of these assets offer little in a rebuild. It never hurts to shop. Nice start to your rebuild.
Thanks Gator.

Yeah the first two trades happened in July and absolutely didn't age well. I thought both were solid prices for a starting QB in SuperFlex. Just wish I'd come to the realization that my team needed a rebuild before both of them lost all of their value lol

I've shopped most of the guys you mentioned outside of Harry, who was a $0 waiver add so I don't see anyone being interested. It was a mistake to not get anything for Cam after his game against WAS
Newton could have one more good game in him and then hopefully you can dump him. I figured there would be little interest on all of those players but I thought there may be a Beckham truther in your league somewhere. Offer up Ertz + Beckham + Patrick for something.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:55 am

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:51 am
Thanks Gator.

Newton could have one more good game in him and then hopefully you can dump him. I figured there would be little interest on all of those players but I thought there may be a Beckham truther in your league somewhere. Offer up Ertz + Beckham + Patrick for something.
I am the Beckham truther in our league lmao

Ertz surprisingly drew ZERO interest from contenders. Couldn't even get a 3rd for him
The trade deadline is today, so no chance for Cam to give me one more decent sell window this year. Just bad timing on my part

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:57 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:55 am
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:51 am

Thanks Gator.

I am the Beckham truther in our league lmao

Ertz surprisingly drew ZERO interest from contenders. Couldn't even get a 3rd for him
The trade deadline is today, so no chance for Cam to give me one more decent sell window this year. Just bad timing on my part
Ha ha, well then I guess you are holding and hoping the best from Beckham as you move forward. Hopefully a couple options will pop up in the offseason for further deals.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:07 pm

A few good moves, a few bad moves, but thats what happens with trades. I think overall you have a solid roster that is fill with young talented players. It all comes down to how your qb's pan out and rb's behind JWill pan out next year. Good luck.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:43 pm

dblj1199 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:07 pm A few good moves, a few bad moves, but thats what happens with trades. I think overall you have a solid roster that is fill with young talented players. It all comes down to how your qb's pan out and rb's behind JWill pan out next year. Good luck.
Thanks, yeah I think I'm happy with all of them except the first two (which I don't think anyone predicted Darnold's value falling that much)

I forgot to mention, the trade that actually hurt the most was last season. After Dak went down, I traded him + this year's 1st for Russ in an effort to save my season for the playoffs

I didn't win and that pick is now the '22 1.01 and the owner refused to part with it this year

Don't panic trade, kids