QB trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

QB trade?

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:11 am

2 QB league

Is Fields a buy low? Would you do trade of Mac Jones+ a little bit for him. Fields clearly has a higher ceiling but his verdict is still out. Mac has a lower ceiling, but will clearly be a starter for years to come.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: QB trade?

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:12 am

From a consensus ranking and value perspective, you should.

But I don't think I would. It's hard not to feel great about Mac Jones right now. Because the Patriots show you they are just plain and simply a great football organization. They win football games.

Vs. Fields, who wasn't a top10 pick in the draft. His job security isn't that of a Lawrence, Lance, and to a lesser extent Z Wilson. He plays for a crumbling Bears organization and, this is minor, but the refs don't seem to be doing him any favors with some Cam Newton-like overlook roughing non-calls. Just the fact that hes playing for the Bears, his playstyle and that minor ref opinion makes me think the injury risk for Fields is higher. I mean he's hurt right now...

I'd rather just hold Mac Jones. Any gap in value will close this summer when people look at the seasons they had this year and outlooks going forward.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: QB trade?

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:46 am

Fields has tremendous upside and also a really concerning floor. Jones has already shown that he can be a weekly starter and although the sky does not look like the limit, he is a safe and what looks to be a reliable starter. Too much risk here given the format.