Trade for AB to get into the playoffs?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ff330
Captain
Captain

Trade for AB to get into the playoffs?

Postby ff330 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:48 pm

Team 1 in sig

Currently in third at 7-4 before this week's action got started. First place is 8-3 (I lost to him 2 weeks ago) and second is also 7-4 but has me by 25 total points scored. Fourth is again at 7-4 but behind me on points.

Started looking for a WR last night after losing Agnew and began trade talks with the 10th place team in my league regarding Brown. He came back with an offer of Brown and Uzomah, who we had previous chatted about since I was in need of a TE and for which he wanted my mid to late 3rd, for my 2022 1st. Because of the total "potential" points system used by this league, my 1st could range between the 1.05 and 1.12 as of the beginning of week 12.

My feeling on AB was that I would be losing Waddle on his bye next week and supposedly he was going to be ready to play after being called out for today. After that, he would then become one of my two flex players for the final regular season week 14 "all play" and be injury insurance for my WR's. If I can make the playoffs, it would bolster my WR corp of Kupp, Hollywood, Waddle, and Renfrow. I still have Marvin Jones and St Brown, who hopefully will have some value next season.

In week 14, assuming everyone is healthy, I've got CEH and Jacobs as my starting RB's, my WR trio, plus can choose my two flex from JRob, Drake, AB, Renfrow, Breida, Hilliard (wish I played him today), or Marvin J.

I came back asking about my 2nd rounder instead but didn't finalize the deal after reading new info about the vax card issue that came out today. If there's an problem there for AB, I don't know if he could be suspended, when, and for how long. Uzomah may be less important if Logan Thomas is healthy again. I picked up Hooper to play tonight.

My two online calculators say AB is worth a mid-to late 2nd so I don't think I'm far off the mark but concerned about his not being around for more than a game or two if he gets into league trouble.

Could use some input on the value of AB and whether it makes sense to give a 2nd for him at this time, based on my roster with available flex players starting in week 14, assuming the other owner even accepts my counter.

Thx. Apologies for the long post.
12 team/PPR

QB - Mahomes
RB- Jacobs, Pierce, Penny, Mostert, Singletary, Wilson, Mckinnon, Moss, Foreman, Mitchell
WR - Kupp, Waddle, Lockett, Marquise Brown, OBJ
TE - Kincaid

2021/2012 league champion

QB - Dak, GSmith
RB - Swift, Mattison, White, Mostert, Gibbs, Foreman, Mitchell, D. Cook
WR - AJB, Kupp, Kirk, C.Samuel, JWilliams, OBJ, Ross
TE - Kittle, Ferguson

QB - Allen, Tua
RB - Kamara, AJones, Walker, Chandler, Pierce, Akers, JWilliams, Jaleel M., Mitchell
WR - Adams, Hopkins, Lockett, J. Watson
TE - Kraft, Dulcich

QB - Allen, Burrow (IR)
RB - CMC, Kamara, Stevenson, J.Cook, Foreman, J.Wilson, Jaleel, Mitchell
WR - Diggs, Jeudy, Aiyuk, ARSB, MWilliams Mooney, Downs, N. Brown
TE - Kincaid, Engram

2023 league champion

QB - Mahomes, Cousins
RB - Chubb, AJones, Akers, Foreman, Moss, Penny, Jaleel, Mitchell, Gray
WR - Adams, MThomas, Waddle, GDavis, Mooney, JWilliams, Downs, Dell, Skyy, Ross
TE - Goedert

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade for AB to get into the playoffs?

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Brown is a gamble at this point and who knows if anything comes to be with the latest off field/medical issue. Either way, I would not move a 2nd for him. Too much risk now and especially long term in my opinion.

ff330
Captain
Captain

Postby ff330 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Thx again Gator. Everyone here appreciates your input.

I did hold off for now but need to decide if playing four RB's (out of CEH, JRob, Jacobs, Breida, Hilliard, Penny) 2 in the flex spots)
plus Kupp, Hollywood, and Renfrow as my 3 WR's. Picking up another strong WR was my thought until Breida and Hilliard played well.

I made a last minute change playing Breida over Marvin J as my 2nd flex which worked okay but left Hilliard sitting on my bench. Picked up JimmyG instead of Mahomes which didn't help and got a big zero from Hooper in place of Logan Thomas. Those points will be crucial if my position (tie) doesn't change upward.
12 team/PPR

QB - Mahomes
RB- Jacobs, Pierce, Penny, Mostert, Singletary, Wilson, Mckinnon, Moss, Foreman, Mitchell
TE - Kincaid

QB - Dak, GSmith
TE - Kittle, Ferguson

QB - Allen, Tua
RB - Kamara, AJones, Walker, Chandler, Pierce, Akers, JWilliams, Jaleel M., Mitchell
TE - Kraft, Dulcich

QB - Allen, Burrow (IR)
TE - Kincaid, Engram

2023 league champion

QB - Mahomes, Cousins
TE - Goedert

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:56 pm

AB is a total gamble at this point with him being out and not much of a long term potential. Could you do a 3rd that moves to a 2nd for him if you win the whole thing, or something along those lines?
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:33 pm

ff330 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:58 pm Thx again Gator. Everyone here appreciates your input.

I did hold off for now but need to decide if playing four RB's (out of CEH, JRob, Jacobs, Breida, Hilliard, Penny) 2 in the flex spots)
plus Kupp, Hollywood, and Renfrow as my 3 WR's. Picking up another strong WR was my thought until Breida and Hilliard played well.

I made a last minute change playing Breida over Marvin J as my 2nd flex which worked okay but left Hilliard sitting on my bench. Picked up JimmyG instead of Mahomes which didn't help and got a big zero from Hooper in place of Logan Thomas. Those points will be crucial if my position (tie) doesn't change upward.
Happy to try and help!

Are there any strong WR options on the block and do you know the cost?

ff330
Captain
Captain

Postby ff330 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 pm

Thanks Gator.

I'll get a better look at the other teams in the morning after the dust settles. Several more may have been eliminated from a shot at the playoffs which might change their "perspective" on their rosters.

One of the potential playoff teams traded Hopkins a week ago for Godwin straight up since he had only 2 WR's for his week 11 lineup.
I approached the new Hopkins owner and was sent an offer of my giving up Mahomes and my first five draft picks. I nicely told him no.

AB had had good numbers except for one game and I think it was a spur of the moment attempt to strengthen my WR corp with Waddle's bye up coming. Now my choice is whether I run with what I have or take a shot at someone else out there. Hilliard is on bye this week so he can't help. I'll let you know who I find possibly available and a asking price.
12 team/PPR

QB - Mahomes
TE - Kincaid

QB - Dak, GSmith
TE - Kittle, Ferguson

QB - Allen, Tua
TE - Kraft, Dulcich

QB - Allen, Burrow (IR)
TE - Kincaid, Engram

2023 league champion

QB - Mahomes, Cousins
TE - Goedert

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:48 pm

ff330 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 pm Thanks Gator.

I'll get a better look at the other teams in the morning after the dust settles. Several more may have been eliminated from a shot at the playoffs which might change their "perspective" on their rosters.

One of the potential playoff teams traded Hopkins a week ago for Godwin straight up since he had only 2 WR's for his week 11 lineup.
I approached the new Hopkins owner and was sent an offer of my giving up Mahomes and my first five draft picks. I nicely told him no.

AB had had good numbers except for one game and I think it was a spur of the moment attempt to strengthen my WR corp with Waddle's bye up coming. Now my choice is whether I run with what I have or take a shot at someone else out there. Hilliard is on bye this week so he can't help. I'll let you know who I find possibly available and a asking price.
Sounds great. Hopefully there are some solid options out there that can help while not crushing the trade bank.

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:48 am

I would not move any assets to get AB here. Your team does not look like a true contender. The fact Agnew was a starter tells me you are more pretender than contender. Kupp's monster season has likely carried you to this point but you are very thin behind him and AB is not a difference maker. I'd hold.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:29 am

I agree that your team is more than a Wr2 away from winning the championship. Keep the pick
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

ff330
Captain
Captain

Postby ff330 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:35 pm

Appreciate the input.

Agnew was a 2nd flex for me on several occasions, but never one of my three WR starters. I may have wound up using him or Marvin J as a last minute replacement for Hollywood a couple of weeks ago. My first flex has usually been Renfrow, who has worked out great so far averaging about 14 pts.

Having been 6th last year but last in the previous two seasons, I know this team is still a bit of a work in progress. I thought there was a chance to squeak into the last playoff spot this year and I'm still hoping for at least that shot. I need to win the next 2 weeks and somehow score at least 30 points more than the two teams in front of me with the same record.

I missed out on a pre-draft trade offer of Jacobs for someone's 1.02 which turned into Chase here, but the offer came in the night before Drake was surprisingly traded to LV and was pulled at that point. Doing the trade would have hurt my RB corp abit, but adding Chase to my drafting of Waddle and Kupp already here would have been a nice WR package every week. Thx.
12 team/PPR

QB - Mahomes
TE - Kincaid

QB - Dak, GSmith
TE - Kittle, Ferguson

QB - Allen, Tua
TE - Kraft, Dulcich

QB - Allen, Burrow (IR)
TE - Kincaid, Engram

2023 league champion

QB - Mahomes, Cousins
TE - Goedert

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:46 pm

I traded my 2nd and Bryan Edwards the week before he got hurt. I'm on the fence whether I'd do it again. Every old dude I've bought to try to win a ship has burned me lately.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass