Dynasty trade: hurts vs young skilled position

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jponte3
Role Player
Role Player

Dynasty trade: hurts vs young skilled position

Postby jponte3 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:18 pm

So I’m in a superflex dynasty. In first place but with a 2nd qb of fields/Dalton and Daniel jones.
Was wondering how people feel hurts value is in superflex in comparison to people like Bateman, waddle, Jeudy. Person with hurts is looking for someone of that caliber plus a draft pick. Despite hurts progressing well, my one concern is the lack of guarenteed commitment to him from a real life standpoint for several years moving forward. Would you consider moving some of these young guys and or upcoming draft picks in my situation? Thanks for any feedback.
12 team Superflex, 1/2 point PPR, 1 point TEP, Start 11 spots
QB: D Watson, J hurts., T. Lance, S. howell
RB: Bijan, B Hall, J. Gibbs, A kamara, J. Ford, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell
WR: J. Chase, G. wilson, C. Watson, J. Dotson, , R. shaheed, C. austin, T. Scott, T. Tucker
TE: P. Freurmuth, J. Johnson, C. otton, T. Kraft

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dynasty trade: hurts vs young skilled position

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 pm

If you are all in on this year, I would consider moving Bateman + for Hurts depending on what the + turned out to be. As you mentioned, Hurts seems risky long term and as early as next year but titles are tough to come by if he helps put you over the top this year. He is a solid fantasy producer week to week.

jponte3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jponte3 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 pm If you are all in on this year, I would consider moving Bateman + for Hurts depending on what the + turned out to be. As you mentioned, Hurts seems risky long term and as early as next year but titles are tough to come by if he helps put you over the top this year. He is a solid fantasy producer week to week.
Thanks for the feedback, yeah it’s such a tricky decision as it seems like fantasy has more and more fluky weeks every year. Always tough if you make the move and then have one rough playoff week that ends it. If I felt a little better about hurts long term, I would definitely do it regardless
WR: J. Chase, G. wilson, C. Watson, J. Dotson, , R. shaheed, C. austin, T. Scott, T. Tucker

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:40 pm

jponte3 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:37 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 pm If you are all in on this year, I would consider moving Bateman + for Hurts depending on what the + turned out to be. As you mentioned, Hurts seems risky long term and as early as next year but titles are tough to come by if he helps put you over the top this year. He is a solid fantasy producer week to week.
Thanks for the feedback, yeah it’s such a tricky decision as it seems like fantasy has more and more fluky weeks every year. Always tough if you make the move and then have one rough playoff week that ends it. If I felt a little better about hurts long term, I would definitely do it regardless
Agreed. I have learned over many tough playoff years there is no such thing as the last piece but seems like Hurts could help any contender this season. Very tough call though. Maybe he starts elsewhere next year??

jponte3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jponte3 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Yeah I mean he’s progressing atleast, and has a super soft remainder of the year. Couple that with a weak qb draft class and it’s certainly possible he’s back for more. Just more so if he falls off a little bit over the next few weeks, then it could be a little trickier

jponte3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jponte3 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:53 pm

Update:
Got offered hurts and mark Andrews for waddle, gallup and hockenson. I feel it’s a little much but it does help my team this year, just not sure if it could hurt me too much in the future . I do have a lot of wr depth to make it considerable but still a tough call. Would you consider this in my situation at all or hold tight

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:33 pm

jponte3 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:53 pm
Update:
Got offered hurts and mark Andrews for waddle, gallup and hockenson. I feel it’s a little much but it does help my team this year, just not sure if it could hurt me too much in the future . I do have a lot of wr depth to make it considerable but still a tough call. Would you consider this in my situation at all or hold tight
Moving Hock for Andrews is a lateral move for me.

Gallup + Waddle for Hurts seems fine if you're a contender. Especially if you have WR depth.

jponte3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jponte3 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:38 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:33 pm
jponte3 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:53 pm
Update:
Moving Hock for Andrews is a lateral move for me.

Gallup + Waddle for Hurts seems fine if you're a contender. Especially if you have WR depth.
Yeah I’d say Andrews for hockenson long term is pretty similar, with Andrew probbaly having a little higher ceiling now. My receivers currently are aj brown, waddle, Devonta smith, claypool, Bateman, Jeudy, Mooney , rondale moore, gallup, lavishka and chark