Darnell Mooney

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Slumpgod Heisenberg
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Darnell Mooney

Postby Slumpgod Heisenberg » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:14 am

Do I sell Darnell Mooney high? Really liked him coming out of draft and picked him up on waivers after week 1 last year - stashed him away. Now being offered

2022 mid first
2022 mid 2nd

For

Mooney
2022 3rd
2023 3rd

My team is all young and I don’t really have any draft capital at all. At a point, need to start letting young guys pop instead of replacing them with more draft picks, but a first and second for mooney? Thoughts?
10 Team League .5 PPR

QB: Pat Mahomes
RB: Zeke Elliott
RB: Saquon Barkley
WR: Amari Cooper
WR: Chase Claypool
WR: Brandon Aiyuk
TE: Mike Gesicki / Gronk
Flex: Kadarius Toney
Flex: Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Defense: CHI
Kicker: Tyler Bass

Bench = Matt Stafford, Deshaun Watson, Darnell Mooney, Tony Pollard, Darell Williams, Rondale Moore, Laviska Shenault, Will Fuller, Irv Smith, Sammy Watkins, Trey Sermon, Tyler Johnson, Donald Parham

Picks:
2022 = one 1st (late), two 3rds
2023 = 3rd rounder

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darnell Mooney

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:28 am

I think the mid 1st holds more value but Mooney is really coming on. I think the value is here to make the deal, but Mooney looks like a solid asset moving forward. The mid 1st will be more valuable in the offseason however. The issue I see is, you are now hoping the pick turns into an asset like Mooney.
Last edited by Gator Sens on Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Darnell Mooney

Postby halfbaked88 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:38 am

Mooney has defied every reason for why I thought he was overhyped.

He's shown ability to separate, the ability to use his 4.3 speed in real football time, and has surprising hands and reach for a smaller player. I'm not paying a 1st+2nd for him as a buyer. Chicago will bring in another WR at some point. And new coaching. That new WR will have new coaches preference as "their guy" who they want to succeed and Mooney is only a 5th rounder so he's in a situation where he is against the odds to prove himself again. Seems like just the situation for him to get injured and lose all momentum. Lots of things to go wrong here. Does Fields step up'? Cause honestly Dalton looks like a more competent QB in this very moment 11/26/21

This one for me boils down to being league dependent on how your league views draft picks. My plan would be to turn that mid-1st to an early 1st. Maybe package that mid-1st+the 2nd+something to get you there. Sounds like work... but worth it I think. There are some WRs in 22' rookie class that people are sleeping on and the more I look at the class the more I wish I had invested into 22' earlier.

If you think that is too hard to move up in the draft get things accomplished in trades then probably just stick with Mooney. I would take the picks and keep pushing.