Selling Hollywood

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Djg1996
Captain
Captain

Selling Hollywood

Postby Djg1996 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:04 am

Thinking of offering Hollywood for AJ Dillon. I like Dillon, think he could really take off next year depending on the roster comp in GB next year. Is this a good idea?
20 Team Dynasty 1 ppr 1 qb 1 rb 2 wr 1 te 1 flex 1 DST 1K. $150 Cap.
QB Jalen Hurts
RB Jerome Ford, Pierre Strong, D’Onta Foreman, Keaton Mitchell
WR Tee Higgins, Keenan Allen, Zay Flowers, Jayden Reed, Josh Downs
TE Dalton Kincaid, Donald Parham Jr,
K Eddy Piniero
DST Ravens

16 Team Dynasty Full PPR 1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex K DST $150 Cap.
QB Joe Burrow
RB Nick Chubb Antonio Gibson Kenneth Gainwell
WR Jaylen Waddle DJ Moore Marquise Brown Drake London Jameson Williams KJ Osbourne
TE Pat Freiermuth
K Daniel Carlson
DST Bills

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Selling Hollywood

Postby Hjorimir » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:20 am

I'm pretty bullish on Dillon and have been critical of Hollywood since he came into the league. That said, Hollywood DOES produce at a high level and Dillon MIGHT produce at a high level one day. I think if I was going to move Hollywood for Dillon that I'd need something extra in the deal as a result.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:26 am

You might have to make this sort of offer but I'm not sure I like it.

I did a similar move preseason with Boyd for AJ Dillon. I don't think you could make that deal at this point. You have the same situation. You are overpaying now, but if AJ Dillon becomes the starter you won't buy him with Hollywood at that point either. That said, I thought Boyd was falling and I think Hollywood is ascending so I would hold here and look for a different asset to move for Dillon. something like Theilan or Julio+2nd or Kenny G+3rd as an offer.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:34 am

There should be more coming back to you. Brown is playing extremely well this year and his value should reflect where he is.

Djg1996
Captain
Captain

Postby Djg1996 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:37 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:26 am You might have to make this sort of offer but I'm not sure I like it.

I did a similar move preseason with Boyd for AJ Dillon. I don't think you could make that deal at this point. You have the same situation. You are overpaying now, but if AJ Dillon becomes the starter you won't buy him with Hollywood at that point either. That said, I thought Boyd was falling and I think Hollywood is ascending so I would hold here and look for a different asset to move for Dillon. something like Theilan or Julio+2nd or Kenny G+3rd as an offer.

This is the exact scenario I’m thinking could happen here. I know Brown has been producing, however, he’s still tied to Lamar and the arrival of Bateman could negatively effect his value going forward. I am just trying to sell him at his peak vs being left holding the bag when the decline happens. Perhaps I should be targeting a player other than Dillon?
QB Jalen Hurts
K Eddy Piniero
DST Ravens

QB Joe Burrow
WR Jaylen Waddle DJ Moore Marquise Brown Drake London Jameson Williams KJ Osbourne
TE Pat Freiermuth
K Daniel Carlson
DST Bills

Djg1996
Captain
Captain

Postby Djg1996 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:38 am

Gator Sens wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:34 am There should be more coming back to you. Brown is playing extremely well this year and his value should reflect where he is.
Like a late first? It’s a 16 team league and the owner of Dillon projects to pick from 12-16.
QB Jalen Hurts
K Eddy Piniero
DST Ravens

QB Joe Burrow
TE Pat Freiermuth
K Daniel Carlson
DST Bills

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 am

Djg1996 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:37 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:26 am You might have to make this sort of offer but I'm not sure I like it.

This is the exact scenario I’m thinking could happen here. I know Brown has been producing, however, he’s still tied to Lamar and the arrival of Bateman could negatively effect his value going forward. I am just trying to sell him at his peak vs being left holding the bag when the decline happens. Perhaps I should be targeting a player other than Dillon?
I know what you are trying to do, I was doing the same. I think Hollywood still has room to rise and Boyd was falling. I would find a different piece to use in the trade or target a surer thing than Dillon with Brown. Brown is good. situations change. He might not stay with Lamar. Batemon might be good for him. Tons of unknowns. He might not be close to his peak value. Who knows?

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

Djg1996
Captain
Captain

Postby Djg1996 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:43 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 am
Djg1996 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:37 am

I know what you are trying to do, I was doing the same. I think Hollywood still has room to rise and Boyd was falling. I would find a different piece to use in the trade or target a surer thing than Dillon with Brown. Brown is good. situations change. He might not stay with Lamar. Batemon might be good for him. Tons of unknowns. He might not be close to his peak value. Who knows?
Maybe since I also own Bateman, the right thing to do is hold? If I could get a first as well (12-16th overall) I’d consider it.
QB Jalen Hurts
K Eddy Piniero
DST Ravens

QB Joe Burrow
TE Pat Freiermuth
K Daniel Carlson
DST Bills

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:45 am

Djg1996 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:38 am
Gator Sens wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:34 am There should be more coming back to you. Brown is playing extremely well this year and his value should reflect where he is.
Like a late first? It’s a 16 team league and the owner of Dillon projects to pick from 12-16.
If you get a 1st on top it's a much better deal.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:47 am

Gator Sens wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:45 am
I would definitely do it for a late 1st on top. If its a 16 team start 2 rb it makes the trade more appealing as is. Really hard to come by stud RBs in a 16 man start 2 rb. I'd still ask for something back though.

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

Djg1996
Captain
Captain

Postby Djg1996 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:50 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:47 am
Gator Sens wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:45 am

I would definitely do it for a late 1st on top. If its a 16 team start 2 rb it makes the trade more appealing as is. Really hard to come by stud RBs in a 16 man start 2 rb. I'd still ask for something back though.
It’s a 1rb but still, RBs and rb depth is highly coveted.
QB Jalen Hurts
K Eddy Piniero
DST Ravens

QB Joe Burrow
TE Pat Freiermuth
K Daniel Carlson
DST Bills

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:49 pm

Dillon and a 1st may make sense. There's no chance I'd do a straight swap. Dillon still has to have the stars align for him to become a starting RB. Jones likely won't go anywhere until after 2022. So barring injury you are waiting another year and a half of fantasy production.

Meanwhile, Brown is putting up top 5 WR numbers and showing impressive development in year 3.

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:12 am

I'm beginning to realize from all of the posts I'm seeing that Hollywood may be the most undervalued/underappreciated young asset in dynasty right now and we should all be trying to buy on the cheap.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:10 pm

I think Hollywood has officially broken out, dating back to the end of last year. I would hold Brown and appreciate the fact that no one accepted offers for a 2nd in the off-season. I wouldn’t trade him for a 1st, a 2nd, and Dillon, now.

Hold