J. Allen+ for Watson, C. Ridley, & 2023 1st

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Badgersfan222
Role Player
Role Player

J. Allen+ for Watson, C. Ridley, & 2023 1st

Postby Badgersfan222 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:14 am

OK I apologize upfront for another Watson question. However, I took over a team and have already traded away some of the running backs to rebuild. 12 team SF PPR.

The offer is I sent Josh Allen & Callaway for Watson, C. Ridley, & 2023 1st.

I know Watson is a risk but the team is 1-11 with the 11th Place team at 4-8. So looking very likely at 1.1 in rookie. My thought was is I could pass on till next year and draft a quarterback and then have Allen, Watson, & whoever I draft to at least get to the point where I have a stable of three starting quarterbacks.

I could and probably would possibly move Ridley later in the season once he gets back on track to get another young piece for next year. Perhaps Dobbins plus to get back to running back. (I moved Gibson 4 weeks ago for Waddle, E. Moore & a 2023 1st)

QB- J. Allen, Herbert, Trask, Haskins & Newton
RB-Z. Moss, Ingram & bla bla
WR- Godwin, Waddle, E. Moore, T. Higgins, JuJu, K. Toney, Hardman, M. Callaway, C. Samuel,
TE- Gesicki, Kmet, Gray, Pharm

2022- all my picks
2023- all my picks plus another 1st and 2nd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: J. Allen+ for Watson, C. Ridley, & 2023 1st

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:37 am

In a 1 QB format, the value is here with Ridley + a 1st and if Watson comes back, this deal will likely look really good. The question is, if Watson does not come back, are you comfortable with the return of Ridley and a 1st for Allen? Although Watson is a factor, I think you take him out of the equation a bit on if this is the right deal as he is a total unknown at this point.