Got an Offer for Saquon... What To Do?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gatorguy7275
Role Player
Role Player

Got an Offer for Saquon... What To Do?

Postby Gatorguy7275 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:17 am

Follow-up to Should I Buy? I offered Gibson, my '22 1st & 3rd for DJM, JRob & his '23 2nd, but deal fell through because he didn't want to trade DJM. He's now offered DJM, JRob, & his "23 2nd for SB & my '22 1st. I think it would be selling low. My options now are: hold & hope for better days, offer SB to the league & see what offers come in, or respond to this offer. I'd ask for more. He has the '22 1.01 as he's tanked at 1-5.
I'm 3-3, but probably can't win this year. I est my '22 1st at 1.04-1.08. DJM is attractive, so I'm considering responding by asking for his '22 1.01, DJM & JRob for SB+ my '22 1st, or DJM, JRob & his '23 1st, or some other combo.
What should I do?
Thanks & be safe out there!
10 team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, DST, K, 0.5 PPR.

QB: L Jackson, Purdy
RB: J Taylor, A Gibson, B Hall, McKinnon, K Hunt, J McLaughlin
WR: Addison, Aiyuk, Boyd, Chase, Dell, Gallup, Godwin, E Moore, Shaheed
TE: Pitts, Engram,

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Got an Offer for Saquon... What To Do?

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:21 am

I can see this as possible selling low in the original deal also. Barkley is in a tricky spot right now but his value is low and with that type of asset and value dip, usually holding is the way to go. That being said, if you can land the 1.01 and Moore for Barkley, I would be interested in that trade but I'm a WR guy. The 1.01 will gain huge value even if you don't end up making the pick. The 1.01 is always exciting come rookie time and some owners will really overpay for it. If you are unable to get the exact package you are comfortable with, it's probably better to hold even with how frustrating it must be to own Barkley anymore...

dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Re: Got an Offer for Saquon... What To Do?

Postby dynastysports » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:21 am I can see this as possible selling low in the original deal also. Barkley is in a tricky spot right now but his value is low and with that type of asset and value dip, usually holding is the way to go. That being said, if you can land the 1.01 and Moore for Barkley, I would be interested in that trade but I'm a WR guy. The 1.01 will gain huge value even if you don't end up making the pick. The 1.01 is always exciting come rookie time and some owners will really overpay for it. If you are unable to get the exact package you are comfortable with, it's probably better to hold even with how frustrating it must be to own Barkley anymore...
I agree with this philosophy generally. Especially on how Barkely is a hold for me. There aren't many guys capable of being a fantasy overall #1. Michael Thomas is a similar player. I'd prefer a hold and wait for value to rebound. But what you are putting together is a reasonable idea.