A contender in desperate need of a TE *Updated*

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

A contender in desperate need of a TE *Updated*

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:56 am

I'm currently 4 - 2 and lost last week by 3 because I have zero TE options. I have tried to overpay for: Waller, Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki and Andrews, Kelce and Pitts are untouchable. I could care less about the 1st I own in 2022 because with the conditions around it, it will be a backend mid 1st at best and I have zero interest in the upcoming class.

That being said, I have gone down the list of potential TE options and I have finally landed on Goedert after trying to trade for many others. Does anyone think he is a realistic option week to week now that Ertz is gone or just another bad TE option?

I may be able to land him for the 1st I own but certainly would not add to it. I'm interested to hear what the community has to say as I have exhausted almost every way possible to land a good TE and can't. The position has cost me games in the past and continues to do so. I'm not trying to be bitter, but it is extremely difficult to trade for anything in my league anymore and it can be very frustrating. Even overpays are not an option anymore most of the time. The other issue is, two teams have a bulk of the good TEs and basically have a monopoly so they demand crazy prices. Waller, Goedert, Kittle, Schultz, Pitts and Hockenson are all owned by two owners and again Andrews and Kelce are untouchable.

Main build and settings: .5 PPR: Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR , 1 TE and 3 flex
QB: Mahomes, Watson, Roethlisberger, Mond
RB: Aaron Jones, Conner, Moss, Mike Davis, a few flyers
WR: Jefferson, Moore, Ridley, Godwin, Lamb, Jeudy, Higgins, Corey Davis
TE: Jonnu Smith, Engram, Njoku
Last edited by Gator Sens on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: A contender in desperate need of a TE

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:06 am

Have you tried Higbee? He’s on the field a ton and usually gets around 5 targets, which is a solid floor and I would expect him to be cheap.

Goedert should be a better option with Ertz traded, but it’s really hard to trust Philly pass catchers right now. He sadly might not be a better option than Njoku.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:09 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:06 am Have you tried Higbee? He’s on the field a ton and usually gets around 5 targets, which is a solid floor and I would expect him to be cheap.

Goedert should be a better option with Ertz traded, but it’s really hard to trust Philly pass catchers right now. He sadly might not be a better option than Njoku.
I have not reached out to the Higbee owner but will. He is in a rebuild, so may have interest. He does get the targets but his points are not really there week to week, but he could be a good option depending on price. I appreciate the thoughts.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:19 am

I like Goedart and might be willing to pay a mid-late 2022 1st for him, even if it is a bit of an overpay. I don't like the Eagles offense right now though, and worry you'll be stuck with only a slightly better, still highly volatile option at TE if you go with him. If you do decide to make that move, I think you'll have more success trying to trade for him after this week once the hype about Ertz leaving dies down a bit.

Speaking of Ertz, I think he would be a super solid, cheaper option to target. Maxx Williams saw a decent target share in AZ and Ertz figures to see a bit more given the talent disparity between them. Will he be a T6 TE there? Not likely, but he certainly can be a back-end TE1 with no more volatility than the rest of the TE options, and he should come at a discounted price.

I'd also poke around at Knox. He may miss a game or two with this hand injury, but he was the 3rd option for Allen in another pass heavy attack with the potential for boom weeks as well.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:30 am

blemly wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:19 am I like Goedart and might be willing to pay a mid-late 2022 1st for him, even if it is a bit of an overpay. I don't like the Eagles offense right now though, and worry you'll be stuck with only a slightly better, still highly volatile option at TE if you go with him. If you do decide to make that move, I think you'll have more success trying to trade for him after this week once the hype about Ertz leaving dies down a bit.

Speaking of Ertz, I think he would be a super solid, cheaper option to target. Maxx Williams saw a decent target share in AZ and Ertz figures to see a bit more given the talent disparity between them. Will he be a T6 TE there? Not likely, but he certainly can be a back-end TE1 with no more volatility than the rest of the TE options, and he should come at a discounted price.

I'd also poke around at Knox. He may miss a game or two with this hand injury, but he was the 3rd option for Allen in another pass heavy attack with the potential for boom weeks as well.
The Ertz owner is off to a rough start and has an aging roster with not much in the way of picks after years of moving future picks. What would your thoughts be on offering the 1st I mentioned in the OP for Keenan Allen and Ertz? Buy low on both or just aging/decreasing vets. Allen seems like such a good WR that he should still produce for years but it's tough to say.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:40 am

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:30 am
blemly wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:19 am I like Goedart and might be willing to pay a mid-late 2022 1st for him, even if it is a bit of an overpay. I don't like the Eagles offense right now though, and worry you'll be stuck with only a slightly better, still highly volatile option at TE if you go with him. If you do decide to make that move, I think you'll have more success trying to trade for him after this week once the hype about Ertz leaving dies down a bit.

The Ertz owner is off to a rough start and has an aging roster with not much in the way of picks after years of moving future picks. What would your thoughts be on offering the 1st I mentioned in the OP for Keenan Allen and Ertz? Buy low on both or just aging/decreasing vets. Allen seems like such a good WR that he should still produce for years but it's tough to say.
I tried to buy KA in some of my leagues with competitive rosters and did not get too far, as they all wanted more than a future 1st for him. I honestly think if you can get KA for a 1st you do it, so even if you had to include your 2nd in that deal and make it 1st + 2nd for KA and Ertz I'd do it.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:09 pm

Quick update. The Allen + Ertz owner is not moving any pieces due to lack of depth and not wanting to throw it in on the season and the Goedert owner said a 2022 1st and 2023 1st...I must be way off on valuing TE's or missing something here. All in all, Smith + Engram + Njoku seem to be my TEs.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:19 pm

What free agent TEs are available?

Free agent wise I like Ricky seals Jones. I picked him up before this past week, but he may still be a FA. With Washingtons offense and injuries he's viable.

I also like Schultz a bunch, but he's on bye this week.
(Edit: whoops didnt see Schultz was unattainable)
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:19 pm What free agent TEs are available?

Free agent wise I like Ricky seals Jones. I picked him up before this past week, but he may still be a FA. With Washingtons offense and injuries he's viable.

Our rosters are large, so essentially no TE's are available. Seals-Jones is rostered and Schultz is owned by one of the teams mentioned above that has 4 - 5 solid TE options, so the prices are high. Multiple 1sts for him as well...

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Our rosters are large, so essentially no TE's are available. Seals-Jones is rostered and Schultz is owned by one of the teams mentioned above that has 4 - 5 solid TE options, so the prices are high. Multiple 1sts for him as well...
I think if goeddert is going for 2 firsts and Schultz is unattainable I think you need to be looking for a backend TE1 or high end TE2. Knox would be worth trying to get (again bye this week). I'd also reach out to the Logan Thomas owner and try to buy him now while injured especially given RSJs good week last week.

Additionally target the TEs on let's say the bottom five teams.

Finally you may need to make a larger trade inorder to get a TE and a straight pick for TE may not be worth it.

Edit: looking at your roster I would move a WR for a TE. One of your younger WRs should open up a TE from a rebuild. If needed offer WR + 2022 1st to a rebuild for TE + 2022 2nd.

Given your team I'd dangle ridley or lamb.

PS..starting njoku tonight may be interesting.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:01 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:28 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 pm

I think if goeddert is going for 2 firsts and Schultz is unattainable I think you need to be looking for a backend TE1 or high end TE2. Knox would be worth trying to get (again bye this week). I'd also reach out to the Logan Thomas owner and try to buy him now while injured especially given RSJs good week last week.

Additionally target the TEs on let's say the bottom five teams.

Finally you may need to make a larger trade inorder to get a TE and a straight pick for TE may not be worth it.

Edit: looking at your roster I would move a WR for a TE. One of your younger WRs should open up a TE from a rebuild. If needed offer WR + 2022 1st to a rebuild for TE + 2022 2nd.

Given your team I'd dangle ridley or lamb.

PS..starting njoku tonight may be interesting.
I appreciate all the thoughts here! Knox and Gesicki are owned by the same owner and he told me this morning he can't afford to move either because he can't replace one based on the league prices...obviously fair based on what I'm going through.

The bottom few teams do not have great options. I agree with you that moving a WR is the best way to get to a solid option but I would be only really looking to do that if it were a long term option as I'm tired of chasing a TE. Again, I appreciate the thoughts and I will see if I can land a young TE that seems stable with a WR going the other way.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:10 pm

how about Dalton Schultz. he is quietly TE3 on the year (non premium league). he would definitely be my target.
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:11 pm

Any chance you could patch together RSJ and Logan Thomas? RSJ should be almost free if owner is not contending. And Logan Thomas is 30+ and on IR so can't be that expensive.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:35 pm

vixen wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:10 pm how about Dalton Schultz. he is quietly TE3 on the year (non premium league). he would definitely be my target.
Same owner owns him as well. Multiple 1sts + is the price tag.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:37 pm

jwb32 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:11 pm Any chance you could patch together RSJ and Logan Thomas? RSJ should be almost free if owner is not contending. And Logan Thomas is 30+ and on IR so can't be that expensive.
Logan Thomas is also on one of the teams that owns most of the good TE options and is valued highly. Seals- Jones is on a lower tier team but without Thomas, he seems like a poor buy. I wish they were both on the same team.