A contender in desperate need of a TE *Updated*

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Payton34
Captain
Captain

Re: A contender in desperate need of a TE

Postby Payton34 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:15 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:48 pm
Payton34 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:42 pm See no mention of Fant, perhaps? What’s the price there?
Ridley was the price a few weeks back.
Sorry, didn’t read page 2 before posting… Honestly, based on what I’m hearing, this might be the least objectionable route.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 2 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7..

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Payton34 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:15 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:48 pm
Payton34 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:42 pm See no mention of Fant, perhaps? What’s the price there?
Ridley was the price a few weeks back.
Sorry, didn’t read page 2 before posting… Honestly, based on what I’m hearing, this might be the least objectionable route.
No worries. It could be. I'm texting with the Pitts owner now whom also mentioned Ridley, so we will see.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Final update. Fant owner is holding. I offered: Higgins or Ridley + two 1sts for Pitts against my better judgment...declined. Goedert owner offered him and K. Herbert for Ridley. I just cant pull the trigger on that.

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:24 am

Gator, very sorry for my inability to timely assist you on this post, but of course I hit a family vaca during the week where you finally need some help from all of us!?!?

Honestly sounds like a no win situation for you at this specific moment . . . but I think because we are still in a bit of unknown territory regarding your league’s current team standings, you should stay in hold mode for the time being. Once team directions are a bit more clear (real contenders vs definitive tankers), hopefully an opportunity will present itself where you can land a more feasible/affordable option. FWIW for you, I do really like the Pitts for Ridley package if that somehow turns into a viable option - but if not, I would continue to wait patiently and be willing to sacrifice points at TE until a competitor with TE riches needs desperate QB/RB/WR help . . . or a rebuilder is finally punting onto next year and is more willing to deal for future draft capital. I really think your window is coming in the next 2-4 weeks, I would not panic buy now/yet. Most importantly, many thanks for all of your continual help and advice, you are the best . . . and good luck!!!!

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:41 am

I find it hard to believe that someone won't swap you a te for one of the wrs that you listed in your original post. I know your taking a value hit there, but wr is much easier to replace via the draft. If you really can't get a deal done...I'd just wait it out until you do find a trade you like or hit the te position hard in your drafts. Generally, te's are not Rd1 picks...you should be able to land the class's best te prospects in the late 1st-early 2nd.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:27 am

Dibbles wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:24 am Gator, very sorry for my inability to timely assist you on this post, but of course I hit a family vaca during the week where you finally need some help from all of us!?!?

Honestly sounds like a no win situation for you at this specific moment . . . but I think because we are still in a bit of unknown territory regarding your league’s current team standings, you should stay in hold mode for the time being. Once team directions are a bit more clear (real contenders vs definitive tankers), hopefully an opportunity will present itself where you can land a more feasible/affordable option. FWIW for you, I do really like the Pitts for Ridley package if that somehow turns into a viable option - but if not, I would continue to wait patiently and be willing to sacrifice points at TE until a competitor with TE riches needs desperate QB/RB/WR help . . . or a rebuilder is finally punting onto next year and is more willing to deal for future draft capital. I really think your window is coming in the next 2-4 weeks, I would not panic buy now/yet. Most importantly, many thanks for all of your continual help and advice, you are the best . . . and good luck!!!!
I appreciate it and hope you enjoyed the vacation!

I'm hoping an option comes up in time but yesterday made me feel a bit better that I offered a couple solid packages and if there is nothing there to get a deal done that makes sense, it is what it is.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:35 am

sloth8u wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:41 am I find it hard to believe that someone won't swap you a te for one of the wrs that you listed in your original post. I know your taking a value hit there, but wr is much easier to replace via the draft. If you really can't get a deal done...I'd just wait it out until you do find a trade you like or hit the te position hard in your drafts. Generally, te's are not Rd1 picks...you should be able to land the class's best te prospects in the late 1st-early 2nd.
The issue is the price versus return is not matching up. I could move a combo of Jefferson, Moore, Lamb, Ridley, Godwin but I could never make a move like that despite team need. Multiple 1sts + Ridley in my opinion should be enough to land a really good TE but it is currently not. So I go back to that my values must be off.

I appreciate another vote of waiting it out from you!

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:42 am

Not going to help you this year, but what about a shot at Irv Smith if he comes cheap enough? As a Vikings fan who watches every game, he’s flashed a ton in my opinion. Was super bummed when he got knocked out for this year.

Obviously no guarantees he hits big, but might be a better bet than a draft pick if you’re stuck going that route anyway.
12 Team PPR, SF, TEP (2 PPR)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SF, 2 Flex

QB - Burrow, Prescott, Cousins
RB - Jacobs, Etienne, Kamara, Hubbard, Ford, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Hunt
WR - Chase, Lamb, Metcalf, Diontae, Ridley, Bateman, Thielen, Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Derius Davis, Rakim Jarrett
TE - Kincaid, Goedert, Fant, Jelani Woods

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:44 am

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:42 am Not going to help you this year, but what about a shot at Irv Smith if he comes cheap enough? As a Vikings fan who watches every game, he’s flashed a ton in my opinion. Was super bummed when he got knocked out for this year.

Obviously no guarantees he hits big, but might be a better bet than a draft pick if you’re stuck going that route anyway.
I priced checked him weeks ago but well worth another check. Thanks!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:08 am

So it's pretty much come to this. The Pitts owner texted me back last night and sounds like Ridley + a late 2022 1st + another mid range piece may just do it. Seems like a lot to pay but is it worth it to lock up Pitts and get it done?

Main build so no one has to search for it: .5 PPR, Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX

QB: Mahomes, Watson
RB: Aaron Jones, James Conner, Zack Moss, Mike Davis
WR: Justin Jefferson, Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Ceedee Lamb, Jerry jeudy, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Corey Davis
TE: Jonnu Smith, Evan Engram, David Njoku

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Re: A contender in desperate need of a TE *Updated*

Postby Dibbles » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:42 am

Yes I am making this deal in your situation. It may feel like an overpay as things stand right now, but if you end up holding the next Kelce for this price, it’s a ridiculous bargain. And you easily have the WR depth to make this deal. I’d also be constantly looking to use your WR depth to add one more top-tier RB to fulfill/lengthen your push window.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:56 am

Gator Sens wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:08 am So it's pretty much come to this. The Pitts owner texted me back last night and sounds like Ridley + a late 2022 1st + another mid range piece may just do it. Seems like a lot to pay but is it worth it to lock up Pitts and get it done?

Main build so no one has to search for it: .5 PPR, Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX

QB: Mahomes, Watson
RB: Aaron Jones, James Conner, Zack Moss, Mike Davis
WR: Justin Jefferson, Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Ceedee Lamb, Jerry jeudy, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Corey Davis
TE: Jonnu Smith, Evan Engram, David Njoku
While I know you love Ridley almost as much as me, in this instance yes.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:17 pm

Its a stupid overpay, but the best of all the stupid overpays

If you have the roster space Id be grabbing all the Tommy Tremble(too late now of course), Jacob Harris, Sammis Reyes, dude for the eagles, colby parkinson types I could get my hands on.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:42 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:17 pm Its a stupid overpay, but the best of all the stupid overpays

If you have the roster space Id be grabbing all the Tommy Tremble(too late now of course), Jacob Harris, Sammis Reyes, dude for the eagles, colby parkinson types I could get my hands on.
I second this. If TE prices are stupidly high like this…I would be grabbing any WW TE in hopes of flipping them.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 pm

I mean…. Look at your team… You have both Jeudy and Higgins coming back off injury and you need a TE… IMO to get Pitts while still having Ridley is a bit redundant anyway…
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 2 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7..