Trade for Etienne or try for RB in 2022 class?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
esulek80
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trade for Etienne or try for RB in 2022 class?

Postby esulek80 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:09 pm

I am trying to build up my RB depth for future years and looking ahead to the 2022 class currently it would appear there are about 4 RB's that could be 1st rd value (Breece Hall, Isaiah Spiller, Kyren Williams, and Kenneth Walker III). My current RB's are CEH, Dobbins, Javonte Williams, Hunt, Carson, Chris Evans, and Alex Collins. I feel my WR depth is the strength of my team (see signature below for roster).

I am thinking I will likely be picking in the back half of the 1st rd and from what I have experienced in the past in this 1 QB league is RB's fly off the board early so I question whether I will even have a shot at one of those 4 guys.

The guy in my league who has Etienne is completely blowing up his team and is mainly looking for future draft picks. Because Etienne is not playing this season I think he is a little more open to dealing him even though he is a talented young RB.

In prior discussions with the guy he said he would be looking for at least a 1st rd pick in return for Etienne but it would have to be a top half of the 1st rd pick (he took him with the 1.05 pick). Since I likely will not have a top half of the 1st rd pick what is fair value if I offered my 2022 1st and some without drastically overpaying? Perhaps throwing in another pick or player such a WR where my depth is?

Or am I better off just waiting and hoping I can somehow land a decent RB in the 2022 class? I am not really sure how Etienne stacks up against the top 2022 RBs?
2017 - Champions!
2018 - Champions!!
2021 - Champions!!!

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, and 1 DST – 12 team .5 PPR league – 24 man active roster + 2 IR

Roster:
QB: Mahomes, Stroud
RB: Bijan, Javonte Williams, James Cook, Charbonnet, Brian Robinson, Kyren Williams, Dobbins, Keaton Mitchell, Israel Abanikanda
WR: Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Higgins, Diontae Johnson, Dotson, Marquise Brown, Quentin Johnston, Sutton
TE: Hockenson, Freiermuth, Ferguson
K: Aubrey
D: Pittsburgh, Denver

Draft Picks:
2024: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th
2025: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th
2026: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Trade for Etienne or try for RB in 2022 class?

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:54 pm

I'd pass on a top half first for Etienne. Historically speaking missing a rookie season is actually on of the biggest red flags as far as future production AFAIK. Sure there are guys who break the trend, but that injury isn't insulating as say dobbins, and should lower his value from what it was last year

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:59 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:54 pm I'd pass on a top half first for Etienne. Historically speaking missing a rookie season is actually on of the biggest red flags as far as future production AFAIK. Sure there are guys who break the trend, but that injury isn't insulating as say dobbins, and should lower his value from what it was last year
Fair thoughts here. OP, If your 1st is looking late as the season goes you could revisit and see what else you would have to add. Even in a weaker class, the 1st will still grow in value as the draft gets closer. Rookie hype always hits.

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:59 pm

For me, the possibility that ETN may be coached by Meyer when he comes back is more worrisome than the fact that he's missed a year of football.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 pm

This is really a 2part question.

1:What would it take to move up?
Assuming 1.10 or later, I'd think it would take one of your young WRs to move up. Start with one of Diontae/Claypool/Sutton/Brown or offer him his choice of the ones you would most want to include.

2:Is Etienne worth that price?
In a 1qb league, your 1.10 is going to get you 2022's E Moore. I'd trade one of the WRs above and E Moore for a young starting RB. People seem divided on Etienne's chances for a full recovery. If you think he's going to fully recover, I say this price is easily worth it.

FWIW, I think Etienne will fully recover and be a decent RB2 (with limited upside) in 2022, and could blossom into a high-end RB2 in 2023.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser