Kelce for Pitts

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Kelce for Pitts

Postby j4pac » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 am

I play in a 0.5 PPR SF auction league. We are able to keep up to 5 players from one season to the next (in order to do so you must keep at least 2 rookies). We can only keep a player for 3 seasons.

I currently have Kelce at $53. I also have Najee Harris ($39), Justin Herbert ($25), Lamar Jackson ($24), Chase Claypool ($3), Laviska Shenault ($2), Corey Davis ($1), Javonte Williams ($3), Michael Thomas ($2), Trey Lance ($3), AJ Dillon ($2), Rashod Bateman ($1).

Very good chance I will not be keeping Kelce, as his stock can’t get any higher than $53. I currently plan on definitely keeping Lance ($3), and probably Jav Williams ($3) and Michael Thomas ($2)…because I’d be shocked if they don’t significantly outplay their current price next year.

The question is whether I should make room for Pitts at $15…do you think he’d even be one of my five keepers at that price?
Last edited by j4pac on Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kelce for Pitts

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am

If you are not keeping Kelce, Pitts looks like a possible nice replacement, but I would still want a 1st on top. If you make the move, I think you have to find a way to keep Pitts though or trade Kelce for a piece you are going to keep. Again, this all is contingent on not keeping Kelce.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:44 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am If you are not keeping Kelce, Pitts looks like a possible nice replacement, but I would still want a 1st on top. If you make the move, I think you have to find a way to keep Pitts though or trade Kelce for a piece you are going to keep. Again, this all is contingent on not keeping Kelce.
With only having 5 keepers I can’t imagine keeping him. I could likely redraft him at $53 next year. The question is if Pitts at $15 is better than four of my current players at their prices. I can only retain for three seasons so I’m looking for the greatest difference between price and value for the next three years.

RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 am

j4pac wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:44 am
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am If you are not keeping Kelce, Pitts looks like a possible nice replacement, but I would still want a 1st on top. If you make the move, I think you have to find a way to keep Pitts though or trade Kelce for a piece you are going to keep. Again, this all is contingent on not keeping Kelce.
With only having 5 keepers I can’t imagine keeping him. I could likely redraft him at $53 next year. The question is if Pitts at $15 is better than four of my current players at their prices. I can only retain for three seasons so I’m looking for the greatest difference between price and value for the next three years.
If it's SF, Harris, Herbert and Jackson are must keeps but I could see holding Pitts over Claypool for the cost for sure.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:55 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 am
If it's SF, Harris, Herbert and Jackson are must keeps but I could see holding Pitts over Claypool for the cost for sure.
That’s an important detail I didn’t include. It is SF. Would you keep all three of my QBs and Harris at their prices. That would be 4 keepers for $91 of a $200 budget. At that point would you keep Pitts at $15 over Javonte Williams ($3) or Michael Thomas ($2)?

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:00 am

j4pac wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:55 am
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 am

That’s an important detail I didn’t include. It is SF. Would you keep all three of my QBs and Harris at their prices. That would be 4 keepers for $91 of a $200 budget. At that point would you keep Pitts at $15 over Javonte Williams ($3) or Michael Thomas ($2)?
I think you keep all three QBs at the price and Harris. Pitts vs Williams may take time to play out and is a tough call. Thomas is not a keeper at this point.