DJM for Hockenson?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

DJM for Hockenson?

Postby Major_Loser » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:54 pm

Team in the Sig is obviously hurting at TE, I have lucked out and created some good depth at WR.

Other owner is mulling over:

I give: DJM
I get: Hockenson

This other owner also has Pitts, but he will not move him straight up for DJM, I'm inquiring about what it would take. Would you move DJM to get the upgrade to Hockenson?
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league
1 Qb, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE
QB: Herbert, Tannehill
RB: Josh Jacobs, Dobbins, Charbs, Ford
WR: Chase, Waddle, AJB, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed
TE: Waller, Chig, Njoku

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: DJM for Hockenson?

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:15 pm

I think you have bigger issues long term outside of TE, so I would lean holding here. Lamb and Moore look to be big building blocks for your WR core as Hopkins ages out in the coming years and outside of Chubb, your RB core is a total gamble. TE would be the last place I would focus right now but I think the value is fair if you would rather lock up a TE to build around.

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:15 pm I think you have bigger issues long term outside of TE, so I would lean holding here. Lamb and Moore look to be big building blocks for your WR core as Hopkins ages out in the coming years and outside of Chubb, your RB core is a total gamble. TE would be the last place I would focus right now but I think the value is fair if you would rather lock up a TE to build around.
X2
I love Hock but this is DJM here
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Postby Major_Loser » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:15 pm I think you have bigger issues long term outside of TE, so I would lean holding here. Lamb and Moore look to be big building blocks for your WR core as Hopkins ages out in the coming years and outside of Chubb, your RB core is a total gamble. TE would be the last place I would focus right now but I think the value is fair if you would rather lock up a TE to build around.
Fair assessment, I had ETN and then he went down. Due to how our lineups work I have been running out 4WR and Chubb, that has been killing it so far. If Chubb gets hurt I will be in a rough place, but people in my league hold on to RB like gold. I was hoping the Mike Williams and Sterling Shepard would help ease the loss of DJM but that could be me looking through rose tinted glasses.
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:42 pm

Major_Loser wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:30 pm
Fair assessment, I had ETN and then he went down. Due to how our lineups work I have been running out 4WR and Chubb, that has been killing it so far. If Chubb gets hurt I will be in a rough place, but people in my league hold on to RB like gold. I was hoping the Mike Williams and Sterling Shepard would help ease the loss of DJM but that could be me looking through rose tinted glasses.
They both look good out of the gate but hard to say if that continues long term based on their previous years. Again, if you are hoping to lock up an elite TE I think the value is fair here.

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:49 pm

Elite TEs are hard to come by but this is DJM
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:17 pm

Ditto. I'd actually be looking to move AB and DHop and build around Lamb, DJM and Chubb.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

fab10
Starter
Starter

Postby fab10 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:18 pm

I'll take hock
12 Team -PPR

Qb- Mahomes,Howell
Wr-DK, Terry, Jeudy, Wilson, JWill
Rb- Chubb, warren, speares Moss, Chandler
TE-kincaid
K- Bass
2x 2024 1sts

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Postby Major_Loser » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:43 pm

dblj1199 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:17 pm
Ditto. I'd actually be looking to move AB and DHop and build around Lamb, DJM and Chubb.

My team has been to the championship the last three years, and it looks like I'm going to be contending again. I feel like if I trade Hopkins that will be a significant blow to this year.
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league