Keep 1: Hunt, Robinson, M. Davis, J. Jones, Juju

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which player would you keep?

J Jones
31%
J. Smith-Schuster
6%
K. Hunt
19%
J. Robinson
25%
M. Davis
19%

Total votes: 16

Dominus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Keep 1: Hunt, Robinson, M. Davis, J. Jones, Juju

Postby Dominus » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:08 pm

For the league in my signature, we get to keep 9 players. The remaining players will all be dropped and added to the draft pool prior to our draft. This means the draft ends up being rookies + some interesting veterans.

I won the championship last year( :dance: ) but, now, I have to make the hard decision of who to keep and who to drop. I had fantastic depth, so, this is killing me :lol:

The following 8 are currently locked in:
  1. L. Jackson
  2. A. Rodgers
  3. A. Kamara
  4. C. Edwards-Helaire
  5. J.K. Dobbins
  6. D. Adams
  7. D. Hopkins
  8. D. Waller
I'm struggling to decide who to keep of my remaining roster. I'm actively shopping these remaining players for 2022 picks, but, my league is pretty slow to trade pre-draft. I'm likely going to have to initiate low-ball offers for them (e.g. - 2022 3rd for Julio, etc.) in order to get anything done.

That being the case, if you had to pick one which of the remaining players would you want to hold on to?
10 Team "Dynasty"(10 keepers), Year #9 (.5PPR)
2015 Champion, 2016 Runner-up, 2020 Champion
QB(1), SF(1), RB(2), WR(2), TE(1), FLEX(1), WR/TE(1), K, D/ST (Superflex added in 2020, WR/TE added in 2022)

QB: L. Jackson, W. Levis, A. Rodgers
RB: B. Robinson, J. Conner, Z. Moss, Z. Charbonnet, J. Warren, K. Mitchell, T. Bigsby
WR: A.J. Brown, J. Waddle, C. Godwin, A. Cooper, D. London, J. Smith-Njigba
TE: E. Engram, T. McBride

Picks 2024: 2nd, 3rd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Keep 1: Hunt, Robinson, M. Davis, J. Jones, Juju

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:12 pm

I think Jones is the most likely to help you contend again week to week. Davis could have a big workload which is pretty appealing but you already have three solid backs. I would gamble on Jones here.

Dominus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dominus » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:09 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:12 pm I think Jones is the most likely to help you contend again week to week. Davis could have a big workload which is pretty appealing but you already have three solid backs. I would gamble on Jones here.
That's where I've been leaning. Given that we only start two WRs, though, it's typically easier to get a decent WR3 later in our draft. Moreover, people are more willing to trade them, which helps.

Starting RBs, though, are at a premium. That's making me consider taking M. Davis, since I won't have any picks until 3.10. I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity to build RB depth beyond my three starters.
QB(1), SF(1), RB(2), WR(2), TE(1), FLEX(1), WR/TE(1), K, D/ST (Superflex added in 2020, WR/TE added in 2022)

RB: B. Robinson, J. Conner, Z. Moss, Z. Charbonnet, J. Warren, K. Mitchell, T. Bigsby

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Dominus wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:09 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:12 pm I think Jones is the most likely to help you contend again week to week. Davis could have a big workload which is pretty appealing but you already have three solid backs. I would gamble on Jones here.
That's where I've been leaning. Given that we only start two WRs, though, it's typically easier to get a decent WR3 later in our draft. Moreover, people are more willing to trade them, which helps.

Starting RBs, though, are at a premium. That's making me consider taking M. Davis, since I won't have any picks until 3.10. I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity to build RB depth beyond my three starters.
Based on that, I could certainly see holding Davis or Hunt. Hunt has a bit more youth on his side but is capped by Chubb whereas Davis is old but should have a big workload.

bennythedog93
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bennythedog93 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:25 pm

I think it all depends on what QBs you think you’ll be able to draft if you keep a RB. Or another way, can you throw Jones back in and still expect to get a decent QB3, which you will need in case of bye week or (hopefully not) injury.

If you think you can get a QB pretty easily then for sure I would keep Hunt or Davis. I have a slight lean to KH, mainly because I think he’s more talented but either would be a great keep for your team.
PW league - 10 tm Dynasty league-Roster/Keep 28 - Pass:1/20 3pt TD; Run/Rec:1/10 6pt TD; no ppr; no neg pts
st:1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 d, no flex
QB - TLaw, Tua, JimmyG
RB - Chubb, Javonte, Perine, Jaleel, BRob, Moss, Bigsby, RoJo (Chi), Tucker, C-Rod, Chase, Spiller, Zamir
WR - Addison, Godwin, Nico, Gabe, Zay Jones, Mooney, Hyatt, Tillman
TE - Kincaid, Kraft
PK -Tucker
Def - 49ers
Picks: 2024 - 1-7, add’l 3rd; 2025 - 1-7

E league - 14 team-can keep up to 9 but keeper round moves up 1 each year, no 1st or 2nd round players can be kept; number is parens = next year’s keeper round; * = player was kept for 2023
Pass 1/20, 4pt TD, Run/Rec 1/10, 6pt TD, 1ppr, Fum/Int = -1, other scoring is pretty regular
QB - Jimmy G(*16), Purdy(*9), Stafford(12)
RB - D-Mont, AJ Dillon, Lenny(17), Carter (19), D’Onta(9), P Taylor
WR - JJeff(3), Adams(*4), Godwin(*8), MWill(*5), OBJ(*13), Woods, Hyatt(10), Tillman(18)
TE - PatF(6), Mayer(10)
PK - Moody
Def - TBB

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:42 pm

Im fine keeping Davis here. Your team is built to compete, I want the rbs in that case. Hunt is tempting too and probably the better long term choice but I'd rather have Davis who should be getting the bulk of the carries and then if needed dump him next year for a different keeper.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:33 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:42 pm Im fine keeping Davis here. Your team is built to compete, I want the rbs in that case. Hunt is tempting too and probably the better long term choice but I'd rather have Davis who should be getting the bulk of the carries and then if needed dump him next year for a different keeper.
This is the way
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:35 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:42 pm Im fine keeping Davis here. Your team is built to compete, I want the rbs in that case. Hunt is tempting too and probably the better long term choice but I'd rather have Davis who should be getting the bulk of the carries and then if needed dump him next year for a different keeper.
Or trade him early for help elsewhere. You’re set at RB, but there are only so many options available. If you keep Davis, you have flexibility and can draft for need from a deeper WR position.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Dominus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dominus » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:30 am

Thanks for the feedback!

Using tools to mock draft with our league's keepers and our traded picks, I think it reinforces going with a running back for my last keeper.

Keeping Julio as my WR3, the RBs available to me at 3.10 are typically along the lines of: L. Murray, Zack Moss, AJ Dillon, Gus Edwards

Keeping Davis or Hunt as my RB4, I have the following WRs available at 3.10: L. Shenault, M. Williams, M. Gallup, D. Parker, M. Jones, H. Ruggs, etc.

This is likely worst-case, as our league tends to go a little Rookie/QB heavier in the first round, so, I'm expecting to have more WR choices available. In fact, it's very abnormal for a veteran to go off the board in the first round, even if someone like Julio is there. I like the WR options available for my WR3+ better than the RB options if I go with Julio.

Between Davis and Hunt, the vote is leaning towards Hunt barely, although most here seem to be recommending Davis. Hunt was fantastic last year, but, people seem to be fading him dramatically and I'm not entirely sure why - what am I missing about Hunt's situation? Did something change that will reduce his value this year?

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:38 am

Dominus wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:30 am Thanks for the feedback!

Using tools to mock draft with our league's keepers and our traded picks, I think it reinforces going with a running back for my last keeper.

Keeping Julio as my WR3, the RBs available to me at 3.10 are typically along the lines of: L. Murray, Zack Moss, AJ Dillon, Gus Edwards

Keeping Davis or Hunt as my RB4, I have the following WRs available at 3.10: L. Shenault, M. Williams, M. Gallup, D. Parker, M. Jones, H. Ruggs, etc.

This is likely worst-case, as our league tends to go a little Rookie/QB heavier in the first round, so, I'm expecting to have more WR choices available. In fact, it's very abnormal for a veteran to go off the board in the first round, even if someone like Julio is there. I like the WR options available for my WR3+ better than the RB options if I go with Julio.

Between Davis and Hunt, the vote is leaning towards Hunt barely, although most here seem to be recommending Davis. Hunt was fantastic last year, but, people seem to be fading him dramatically and I'm not entirely sure why - what am I missing about Hunt's situation? Did something change that will reduce his value this year?
Only thing about hunt is that Chubb is there. Chubb missed some games last year (if I remember correctly) and Davis should be the primary back in Atlanta.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Dominus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dominus » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:46 am

With Etienne's injury, I want to confirm my assumption that I pivot and make Robinson my 9th keeper.

Anyone disagree with that at this point? I don't see Hyde as being a legitimate detractor from Robinson's overall value and Robinson proved he can be very useful last year.

Alternatively, I could look to sell Robinson now and still keep Davis.

Thoughts?

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:50 am

Dominus wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:46 am With Etienne's injury, I want to confirm my assumption that I pivot and make Robinson my 9th keeper.

Anyone disagree with that at this point? I don't see Hyde as being a legitimate detractor from Robinson's overall value and Robinson proved he can be very useful last year.

Thoughts?
I'd still rather keep Davis or hunt over Robinson but I won't fault you for taking any of those 3. Hunt is really the only one that I see having viability beyond this year.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Dominus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dominus » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:00 pm

abloom wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:50 am I'd still rather keep Davis or hunt over Robinson but I won't fault you for taking any of those 3. Hunt is really the only one that I see having viability beyond this year.
My concern with M. Davis is largely around his age. I don't know if he can really keep up what he did last year.

I still like Hunt, though. Maybe I'll make the decision based on who I'm able to move in my league.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:55 pm

Dominus wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:46 am With Etienne's injury, I want to confirm my assumption that I pivot and make Robinson my 9th keeper.

Thoughts?
I'd choose Jrob. I wonder how your cuts look vs the rest of the league. Any RB needy teams thatbcpuld throw you any kind of pick for one of Davis/Hunt/Jrob?

Dominus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dominus » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:57 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:55 pm I'd choose Jrob. I wonder how your cuts look vs the rest of the league. Any RB needy teams thatbcpuld throw you any kind of pick for one of Davis/Hunt/Jrob?
I've been actively shopping them. Unfortunately, no one's biting at all. It can be very hard to get people to trade before the season begins - even asking for 2022 3rds, etc. doesn't get a bite.