Cam Akers value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Panthers357
All Pro
All Pro

Cam Akers value

Postby Panthers357 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:41 am

Superflex 12 teams. What have y’all seen Akers be traded for? I heard someone got Barkley for him straight up on a podcast
Team 1 Fleaflicker 12 Team Half PPR Start 9 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1Flex RB, WR,TE 1Def, 1K
QB- A Rich , Stafford, Mac Jones, Minshew
RB- Taylor, Etienne, Ekeler, K Walker, Fournette, k miller, foreman, TDP
WR- ARSB, Adams, Evans, Marquise brown, Burks Gallup, Alec Pierce, Boutte
TE Kittle, Waller, Pitts, t kraft
K- nick folk , moody, Maher
Def- ravens, Giants
24 1st, 2 24 2nds, 3 24 3rds
All 25 picks
26 2nd, 26 3rd and 26 4th

Team 2 Sleeper-Superflex
QB a rich, Kyler, Cousins, Brissett
RB Bijan, Pacheco, jerrick McKinnon, Melvin Gordon, Hubbard, Jaylen Warren
Wr jsn, z flowers, Mike Evans, a cooper, aj brown, skyy moore, Pickens, Christian Watson, John metchie
TE Pitts, Goedert
2020 Champion

Indyfan1985
Starter
Starter

Re: Cam Akers value

Postby Indyfan1985 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:49 am

He is being overvalued imo. A lot of people on here have rated him higher than JK Dobbins, and I just don't see it. Dobbins is more talented, on a better run oriented team, and is arguably a better receiver out of the backfield once he's used more there, which I am hearing from their OC they want to do. And I think McVay will still want to mix in Darrell Henderson as well. Dobbins' backup, Gus Edwards, isn't as much a threat in my eyes.

He should be valued right around where RBs Antonio Gibson and CEH are in my view.
2 QB PPR 10 Team League

2018 Champ, 2019 Champ

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert
WR - Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill
RB - Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor
TE - George Kittle
Flex - Joe Mixon, Ceedee Lamb

Notable Bench Players - AJ Dillon, Kareem Hunt, Michael Thomas, OBJ, Calvin Ridley, Diontae Johnson, Brandon Aiyuk, Darnell Mooney, Elijah Moore, Teddy Bridgewater, Trey Lance, Kyle Pitts, Isaiah Spiller

2023 Draft picks - 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2

2 QB, 2 TE PPR 8 Team League

QB - Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
WR - Stefon Diggs, Jamar Chase
RB - CMC, Jonathan Taylor
TE - TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert
Flex - AJ Brown, DJ Moore , De'Andre Swift

Notable Bench Players - Nyheim Hines, Keenan Allen, Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Calvin Ridley, Michael Pittman Jr, Darnell Mooney, Kadarius Toney, Baker Mayfield, Trey Lance, Davis Mills, Noah Fant, Evan Engram

2022 Draft picks - 2, 3
2023 Draft picks - 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:52 am

I am interested in buying Akers so I have been monitoring his price on KTC. He's very expensive right now and is unfortunately for buyers, valued near his ceiling. So it's tough to buy.

Over the off-season, his value has been overall RB6-7 pretty consistently. He's expensive to acquire now and I would not be surprised to see owners move older stud RB1s to obtain him. There's pretty much nothing that can happen to hurt his value this off-season, McVay is already touting him as a workhorse back and now they've improved the offense with Stafford. If I owned, I'd be holding tight. I would buy though at the right price. Maybe something like Josh Jacobs and a mid-1st could get it done.
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:59 am

I'm all in on Akers I traded Jefferson to get Akers straight up. He's valued in the right spot imo Rb6-7 area but given his age he'll command more in a trade then normal... if he goes out and has a top 8 season then he might very well be unattainable. Of course there's risk he's a RB and they're all risky and can lose value at the snap of a finger.. I'm buying at slightly overpriced (if need be)and Holding tight
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:59 am

As others have mentioned, he is very pricey this offseason and I would be hesitant to buy at his current price. It's a gamble to buy now but at the same time if he hits, he will be more pricey. I have seen Akers go for the 1.01+ this offseason and the price in my league was crazy high when I asked for a price check. He is a player I'm happy not to add right now.

yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Postby yellowdart2448 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:04 am

Panthers357 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:41 am Superflex 12 teams. What have y’all seen Akers be traded for? I heard someone got Barkley for him straight up on a podcast
That is crazy if true. Akers is overvalued only because guys like Gibson are going a round later and to me they are the same player. I wait for Gibson every time.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 am

I like Akers but agree he’s overpriced. I think many are expecting a huge workload but I expect Henderson to still get a significant share of touches. They split carries with 3 backs last year and I think they’ll be use both back this year. Henderson put up similar stats (slightly better) compared to Akers last year. I think Akers will definitely get the bigger share but Henderson won’t go away.

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 am

yellowdart2448 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:04 am
Panthers357 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:41 am Superflex 12 teams. What have y’all seen Akers be traded for? I heard someone got Barkley for him straight up on a podcast
That is crazy if true. Akers is overvalued only because guys like Gibson are going a round later and to me they are the same player. I wait for Gibson every time.
No where near the same player ...very different
Akers in a top 10 offense and was getting most the touches towards the end of the season and was the bell cow in playoffs
Gibson played most his games under 50% snaps and his saving grace was alot of tds...Gibson will most likely have less tds this year..Gibson imo is a sell ....he just had good variance
TEAM 1
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:36 am

Indyfan1985 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:49 am He is being overvalued imo. A lot of people on here have rated him higher than JK Dobbins, and I just don't see it. Dobbins is more talented, on a better run oriented team, and is arguably a better receiver out of the backfield once he's used more there, which I am hearing from their OC they want to do. And I think McVay will still want to mix in Darrell Henderson as well. Dobbins' backup, Gus Edwards, isn't as much a threat in my eyes.

He should be valued right around where RBs Antonio Gibson and CEH are in my view.
Although I’m not arguing the merits of Akers vs Dobbins, I am always surprised to see people dismiss Gus Edwards as not a threat to Dobbins workload and then turn around and preach that Henderson is going to steal a ton of touches from Akers. Dobbins is a phenomenal talent, but what about the Ravens says they won’t split the backfield? That is what they have historically done, and it is not like Edwards is a slouch.

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:25 am

Guy wanted Zeke and a 1st for him. I didn't do it, but I can see that being around the asking price.
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- TLaw, Stafford,
RB-
WR- JJ, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Kirk , QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Madabuike, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Ebukam
LB- Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.01, 1.02, 1.11
5 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Postby yellowdart2448 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:28 am

BucBuc wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 am
Akers in a top 10 offense and was getting most the touches towards the end of the season and was the bell cow in playoffs
Gibson played most his games under 50% snaps and his saving grace was alot of tds...Gibson will most likely have less tds this year..Gibson imo is a sell ....he just had good variance
I'll disagree. Akers will have to deal with Henderson so he likely will not continue to get most of the touches. WFT will be good this year and Gibson is in line to see a significant work increase.

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:08 am

yellowdart2448 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:28 am
BucBuc wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 am

I'll disagree. Akers will have to deal with Henderson so he likely will not continue to get most of the touches. WFT will be good this year and Gibson is in line to see a significant work increase.
Dont let Henderson blind you to the fact that Akers is the workhorse....Henderson had little to none stacked boxes and played while Akers Nursing an injury..Akers played with mostly stacked boxes and when healthy Henderson got little work.. Your putting way way to much weight on Henderson...
TEAM 1
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:35 am

Way overpriced and completely not worth it.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:14 pm

mzkp54 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:25 am Guy wanted Zeke and a 1st for him. I didn't do it, but I can see that being around the asking price.
Yeah hats a bit much.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:18 pm

BucBuc wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:59 am I'm all in on Akers I traded Jefferson to get Akers straight up. He's valued in the right spot imo Rb6-7 area but given his age he'll command more in a trade then normal... if he goes out and has a top 8 season then he might very well be unattainable. Of course there's risk he's a RB and they're all risky and can lose value at the snap of a finger.. I'm buying at slightly overpriced (if need be)and Holding tight
That is completely insane to trade JJ for Cam. Atleast you acknowledge it is enormously risky. Trading a top 5 dynasty wr for what a RB might do is crazy.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5