Dynasty IDP Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Dynasty IDP Trade

Postby yellowdart2448 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:54 am

Not sure how many of you play IDP but in a 16 team SF league, I have this potential trade offer...

Start 1 TE; 3 LBs plus an IDP flex which is likely used on LB...

Give: Deion Jones, Blake Jarwin
Get: Irv Smith, Jerome Baker

It is a TEP league where you get an extra .5 PPR

My TEs are Thomas, Jarwin, Granson, Pharam
MY LBs are Leonard, Jones, Greenlaw, Gay, Brooks, Perryman

Thoughts? I think yes but of all the players, Deion Jones is the best IMO based on him likely being a top 10 LB and in a 16 team league where everyone has to start 3 LBs and most will likely put LB in the IDP flex, that is well over 50 LBs starting every week and there aren't 50 good LBs so he provides some edge I think.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dynasty IDP Trade

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 am

Depending on how much Jones outscored your replacement level IDP players, I would rather lock up Smith Jr but I don't play IDP. If Jones is a comparable top scorer to a none IDP player however, I would hold.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:05 am

If Deion Jones can stay healthy, then I think the gap between him and Jerome Baker is bigger than the gap between the TEs. I’m usually a fan of selling IDP for upgrades on offense, but depending on scoring, I don’t think I’d do this. If you tell me IDP scoring is deflated though, I’d take the other side.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:08 am

Ruggenater wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:05 am If Deion Jones can stay healthy, then I think the gap between him and Jerome Baker is bigger than the gap between the TEs. I’m usually a fan of selling IDP for upgrades on offense, but depending on scoring, I don’t think I’d do this. If you tell me IDP scoring is deflated though, I’d take the other side.
Same. Either way, I think the chances that Irv Smith ever becomes more than a middling TE option are very slim and I don't really see the difference between him and Jarwin being enough to move Jones in that format. I'd rather just hold. Guys like Irv Smith are a dime a dozen and don't make you a league winner. Now if you feel that Irv is going to break into that tier of TEs that make a difference, by all means make that move, but I don't so I'd hold.
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Postby yellowdart2448 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:12 am

never_punts wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:08 am
Ruggenater wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:05 am If Deion Jones can stay healthy, then I think the gap between him and Jerome Baker is bigger than the gap between the TEs. I’m usually a fan of selling IDP for upgrades on offense, but depending on scoring, I don’t think I’d do this. If you tell me IDP scoring is deflated though, I’d take the other side.
Same. Either way, I think the chances that Irv Smith ever becomes more than a middling TE option are very slim and I don't really see the difference between him and Jarwin being enough to move Jones in that format. I'd rather just hold. Guys like Irv Smith are a dime a dozen and don't make you a league winner. Now if you feel that Irv is going to break into that tier of TEs that make a difference, by all means make that move, but I don't so I'd hold.
The IDP scoring in this league is featured more around big plays but overall IDPs score a lot. TJ Watt was comparable to the QBs that finished 6-10 from last year.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 pm

I think I prefer Smith to Jarwin. I like the upside of both players this season, but prefer Smith long term.
I slightly prefer Baker to Jones. Baker has established himself as a key player in the Miami defense, and is only 24 years old, compared to Jones turning 27 this season.

So, yes, I would accept this trade.
-oo-
Both teams 16 tm 1/3 ppr idp
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 2 Flex

Phoenix Park Suns
QB - Hurts, Darnold, Minshew, Zappe, O'Connell
RB - Ekeler, Conner, Edwards, Strong, McLaughlin, Brooks, Prince
WR - Adams, Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, Zay Jones, M. Thomas, Downs
TE - Goedert, Bellinger
PK - Sanders
DL - Garrett, Paye, Madubuike, Judon
LB - Franklin, Mosley, Edmunds, J. Davis, Bernard, Jack, Mapu, Vander Esch