David Montgomery vs Javonte Williams

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side?

David Montgomery
25%
Javonte Williams
75%

Total votes: 24

f_them_picks
Rookie
Rookie

David Montgomery vs Javonte Williams

Postby f_them_picks » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:11 am

How do you feel about Javonte compared to Montgomery? Currently rostering Montgomery with the potential to move him for Javonte. I have Chubb and Akers starting so I can afford to be more patient and I think Javonte has a higher long term ceiling. Which would you prefer?
Half PPR
QB: Mahomes, Howell
RB: Walker, Chubb, Javonte Williams, Penny, Akers, Khalil Herbert, Jerome Ford, Keontay Ingram, Sean Tucker, Zamir White
WR: D Hop, CeeDee, Olave, Pittman, Burks, Rashee Rice, AT Perry, Puka
TE: Hock, Kmet
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex, TE
2021, 2022 Champion

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: David Montgomery vs Javonte Williams

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:16 am

Williams is a very hot name this offseason and Montgomery seems to have many concerned despite a solid season. Based on what we saw from Montgomery last year, I would want something on top to move for Williams. I'm not sure that is an option, but until we see what Williams is, I think it's fair to ask for a bit on top or I would be okay holding. Montgomery will get a ton of touches while Williams could take some time to get into that type of role.

f_them_picks
Rookie
Rookie

Postby f_them_picks » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:20 am

I'd like to wait, but if Williams wins the job and starts well his price could quickly increase. Not sure what the Bears offense will look like as well.
Half PPR
QB: Mahomes, Howell
RB: Walker, Chubb, Javonte Williams, Penny, Akers, Khalil Herbert, Jerome Ford, Keontay Ingram, Sean Tucker, Zamir White
WR: D Hop, CeeDee, Olave, Pittman, Burks, Rashee Rice, AT Perry, Puka
TE: Hock, Kmet
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex, TE
2021, 2022 Champion

yellowdart2448
Starter
Starter

Postby yellowdart2448 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:23 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:16 am Williams is a very hot name this offseason and Montgomery seems to have many concerned despite a solid season. Based on what we saw from Montgomery last year, I would want something on top to move for Williams. I'm not sure that is an option, but until we see what Williams is, I think it's fair to ask for a bit on top or I would be okay holding. Montgomery will get a ton of touches while Williams could take some time to get into that type of role.
x2

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:29 am

Based on my experience trying to move Montgomery I’d say you will have to add to Monty. If you could pull it off straight up it’s a big win to me. I’d say Monty+2nd is fair.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:32 am

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:16 am Williams is a very hot name this offseason and Montgomery seems to have many concerned despite a solid season. Based on what we saw from Montgomery last year, I would want something on top to move for Williams. I'm not sure that is an option, but until we see what Williams is, I think it's fair to ask for a bit on top or I would be okay holding. Montgomery will get a ton of touches while Williams could take some time to get into that type of role.
Monty will get more touches but many (myself included) think it will be a good bit less than last year with Cohen back and adding Williams.

bennythedog93
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bennythedog93 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:16 am

Williams for sure over Monty so as others said, you’ll need to most likely. a 2nd would be a good start I think but it might take a bit more.
PW league - 10 tm Dynasty league-Roster/Keep 28 - Pass:1/20 3pt TD; Run/Rec:1/10 6pt TD; no ppr; no neg pts
st:1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 d, no flex
QB - TLaw, Tua, JimmyG
RB - Chubb, Javonte, Perine, Jaleel, BRob, Moss, Bigsby, RoJo (Chi), Tucker, C-Rod, Chase, Spiller, Zamir
WR - Addison, Godwin, Nico, Gabe, Zay Jones, Mooney, Hyatt, Tillman
TE - Kincaid, Kraft
PK -Tucker
Def - 49ers
Picks: 2024 - 1-7, add’l 3rd; 2025 - 1-7

E league - 14 team-can keep up to 9 but keeper round moves up 1 each year, no 1st or 2nd round players can be kept; number is parens = next year’s keeper round; * = player was kept for 2023
Pass 1/20, 4pt TD, Run/Rec 1/10, 6pt TD, 1ppr, Fum/Int = -1, other scoring is pretty regular
QB - Jimmy G(*16), Purdy(*9), Stafford(12)
RB - D-Mont, AJ Dillon, Lenny(17), Carter (19), D’Onta(9), P Taylor
WR - JJeff(3), Adams(*4), Godwin(*8), MWill(*5), OBJ(*13), Woods, Hyatt(10), Tillman(18)
TE - PatF(6), Mayer(10)
PK - Moody
Def - TBB

atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby atlmoneyman » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:41 am

Prefer Williams

kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby kellysheroes » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:06 am

rather Monty... right now

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 am

The cold-blooded analyst in me says Monty for several reasons.

The want-to-win-at-fantasy-football guy in me says Javonte for those same reasons in the other direction.

The main reason is Monty seems like a slightly lesser version of Carson to me. Except, while Carson is not fully respected by fantasy owners, Monty is not fully respected by his coaches. They don't seem like they want him to be a full-time grind it out back.

Seattle has made Carson their guy and he has the stats to back it up. On the other hand, with Cohen back and DWilliams added, Monty can't get that kind of usage rate, and I predict 2021 will be like 2019 when he ranked in the 20s for the season basically no more useful than a RB3. I think that's going to be the story of his career - almost good enough to be a fantasy difference maker but not used the right way by Chicago.

So, in this case I'd reset and hope Javonte has the respect of the Denver coaching staff that Monty can't get from Chicago.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:23 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 am The cold-blooded analyst in me says Monty for several reasons.

The want-to-win-at-fantasy-football guy in me says Javonte for those same reasons in the other direction.

The main reason is Monty seems like a slightly lesser version of Carson to me. Except, while Carson is not fully respected by fantasy owners, Monty is not fully respected by his coaches. They don't seem like they want him to be a full-time grind it out back. Seattle has made Carson their guy and he has the stats to back it up. On the other hand, with Cohen back and DWilliams added, Monty can't get that kind of usage rate, we're back to 2019 when he ranked in the 20s for the season. I think that's going to be the story of his career - almost good enough to be a fantasy difference maker but not used the right way by Chicago.

So, in this case I'd reset and hope Javonte has the respect of the Denver coaching staff that Monty can't get from Chicago.
Agree with above. I'd move Monty for JW.

The tea leaves say Chicago is not going to give the reigns to Monty i not forced to do so and they'll be ready to move on from Monty as soon as it's convenient.
Denver traded UP in the 2nd round to snag JW and that backfield is going to be his sooner rather than later.
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:36 am

Short term Monty
Long term J.Williams
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,