Moving Pitts for QB help

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TheGunSlinger
Role Player
Role Player

Moving Pitts for QB help

Postby TheGunSlinger » Mon May 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Took over an ugly orphan in a 14tm superflex league. Not a TE premium. Rookie draft already occurred before I took over the team. The best player on this team is Pitts. My QBs are Fitz and Big Ben on this rebuild. I want to move Pitts for a QB. Who would you target? The youngsters like Lance or Fields? Or someone else?

CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Re: Moving Pitts for QB help

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Mon May 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Man, how did they do the rookie draft before you took over? That sucks. Anyway, I think in SFLEX non TE premium if you can get Lance or Fields I'd do that for Pitts. I like the strategy as it sounds like you're headed for a high pick next season, I'd want to build around a young QB as opposed to a young TE.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

TheGunSlinger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheGunSlinger » Mon May 24, 2021 5:25 pm

:oops:
CurtisMyFavMartin wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:19 pm Man, how did they do the rookie draft before you took over? That sucks. Anyway, I think in SFLEX non TE premium if you can get Lance or Fields I'd do that for Pitts. I like the strategy as it sounds like you're headed for a high pick next season, I'd want to build around a young QB as opposed to a young TE.
Thanks for the reply. The previous owner drafted then quit. So taking over a true train wreck. But that makes it fun. I will most likely have a real high pick next year and in a 14tm league getting some young QBs seems to be the way to start the rebuild.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon May 24, 2021 5:29 pm

Pitts value is so high right now, unless you can get a young QB to build around, I would hold Pitts. If you are many years out, holding Pitts could be a good long term piece and this may help you lock up the 1.01 to build around around in 2022.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:13 pm

If you can get Lance or fields in a 14 team sf I’d absolutely do that.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon May 24, 2021 6:32 pm

If Julio leaves Atlanta, Pitts will get 100+ targets. I don't have enough believe in Fields or Lance to trade that kind of difference maker away. If you want to put Pitts on the block and see what offers you get, fine. But I want more than either of those QB's
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue May 25, 2021 3:52 am

I would target young proven QBs. Pitts is almost certainly guaranteed a floor of being a TE1 and some fantasy managers believe he is a surefire Top3 TE. I wouldn't want to trade that hyped-up value for an unproven 2021 rookie QB who hasn't yet taken a single snap ... except Lawrence.

Before settling for Lance or Fields, I'd shop Pitts (or a Pitts-fronted package) for Herbert, Burrow, or maybe even Tua. The possibility that Lance/Fields could fade like Mariota/Darnold/Rosen/Haskins/Lock/Trubinsky/etc is real. All those guys were among the first 3 QBs drafted in their classes, and some were the first QB or first overall pick. And not one is now worth trading a guy like Pitts for.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to trade Pitts for Lance/Fields. I'm just saying first, I'd try for a young QB who has proven he can and probably will start in the NFL for the next decade.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Tue May 25, 2021 3:56 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:32 pm If Julio leaves Atlanta, Pitts will get 100+ targets. I don't have enough believe in Fields or Lance to trade that kind of difference maker away. If you want to put Pitts on the block and see what offers you get, fine. But I want more than either of those QB's
I don’t care if he is the second coming of Gronk, in a 14 team superflex league Pitts is not worth more than any of the top 4 rookie QBs this year.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 am

Do you mind posting your roster and settings (scoring and starting requirement)?

Pitts is not a horrible asset to hold in a 14 team league, and frankly the only QBs I'd consider would be Lance and Fields. Pitts is more likely to get playing time this year than those two (I think) and his value is also insulated. I wonder if his value rises more this year than those guys values.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07