Help please

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Help please

Postby SStory93 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:00 am

I don't normally do this because I am pretty confident in my picks, but I need some input guys.

I am on the clock and have 2 additional picks to make out of the next 6 before I have a 24 pick hiatus, 1 pick, 24 pick hiatus.

12 Team 1 pt PPR TE PREM, 0.5 PPR RB only, 0.25 per carry

Team:
QB: A. Rodgers
RB: D. Cook
RB: D. Henry
WR: C. Ridley
WR: A. Cooper
WR:
TE:
FLX: A. Ekeler
FLX: D. Montgomery
SF:

Picks I have next 6.5 (OTC), 6.12, 7.1

Available:
QB: Tua, Cousins, Stafford, Ryan, Brady, Wentz, Daniel Jones
RB: C. Carson, M. Davis, K. Hunt, J. Rob, M. Gaskins, C. Edmonds (Most Backups)
WR: M. Evans, Juju, Jeudy, D. Johnson, C. Claypool, Golladay, Sutton, Kupp, Julio, Woods, Shenault, Lockett, D. Smith (Mostly everyone in this range)
TE: Andrews, (all but the 3 and Pitts)

My mind is pulling me so many ways. At 6.5 I like the idea of C. Carson, Tua, M. Evans, Andrews. Love holding the RB Market with 5 Starters on my team if I go Carson, can near demand a king ransom or have luxury bench. Tua would be a nice asset with Rodgers, Evans will give me a very dynamite punch at WR. Andrews is the last top tier TE I trust. Now for the cons, don't need Carson especially with age. Tua is a bit risky when I feel like I am guaranteed to get Cousins, Stafford, Brady to partner with D. Jones if I go QB, QB at 6.12 and 7.1. For how much I like the idea of Evans, I dont rate Woods, Julio, Lockett, Kupp , that much different in my rankings this year, not to mention I could go youth. Andrews kinda worries me now that they have brought in WRs. I dont think Lamar will ever be a 4k thrower, so at best one player on that team will eat.

Please help me out here. I'm about to flip a coin lol.
Last edited by SStory93 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

πŸ†: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Help please

Postby Gator Sens » Mon May 24, 2021 8:08 am

Based on your build and having a chance to contend out of the gate, I would be looking at some kind of trio of: Stafford, Evans, Jones, Carson, Hunt. I think those assets fit your build and again goal of hopefully winning this year. Andrews also makes sense, but he is not an elite TE, so I don't put a ton of stock into non-elite TE's.

Form a youth stand point, there are some great options out there, but I don't think they necessarily help you win this year.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 24, 2021 8:11 am

sorry, is that a typo, or RBs get deducted half a point for every reception?

i would go andrews first (he should still get plenty of targets, but if hockenson is there, i'd actually get him over andrews), and stafford and/or tua (or cousins if one is gone).

other options: carson (but you have depth, and he's "old", like a lot of your other RBs) and mike evans, but the WR pool is so deep that you might get nearly as good at your next pick.

given SF/TEP, i'd go TE-QB-QB (but not danny dimes).

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am

killer_of_giants wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:11 am sorry, is that a typo, or RBs get deducted half a point for every reception?

i would go andrews first (he should still get plenty of targets, but if hockenson is there, i'd actually get him over andrews), and stafford and/or tua (or cousins if one is gone).

other options: carson (but you have depth, and he's "old", like a lot of your other RBs) and mike evans, but the WR pool is so deep that you might get nearly as good at your next pick.

given SF/TEP, i'd go TE-QB-QB (but not danny dimes).
Typo, its 0.5 ppr for RBs.

Hockenson, just came off. Was hoping to get him with this pick.

You don't like Danny Dimes? Wheres the Tom Brady love? Stafford has what 3-4 yrs left at best. TB has 2 in him still.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Mon May 24, 2021 8:20 am

I think QB has to be the 1st pick, after that I’d probably do M Andrews and another QB with the back-to-back picks

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:22 am

Generic Username wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:20 am I think QB has to be the 1st pick, after that I’d probably do M Andrews and another QB with the back-to-back picks
What QB? Only one that I think would go where I am feeling like I missed would be TUA.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 am

I don't normally do this because I am pretty confident in my picks, but I need some input guys.

I am on the clock and have 2 additional picks to make out of the next 6 before I have a 24 pick hiatus, 1 pick, 24 pick hiatus.

12 Team 1 pt PPR TE PREM, -0.5 PPR RB only, 0.25 per carry

So I'm assuming this means 2PPR for TE, 1PPR for WR, 0.5PPR for RB?

Team:
WR:
TE:
SF:

Well you have certainly drafted a win now team given the RBs and QB you've drafted. VERY CONCERNED THAT YOU HAVEN'T ADDRESSED SF POSITION AND THAT A RODGERS IS YOUR ONLY QB ATM.

Available:

I think you need to get atleast one (if not two) of Stafford, Brady, and Cousins.

You have enough RBs, but Carson is interesting at this point. The rest, I'd rather see them fall more.

WR: M. Evans, Juju, Jeudy, D. Johnson, C. Claypool, Golladay, Sutton, Kupp, Julio, Woods, Shenault, Lockett, D. Smith (Mostly everyone in this range)
Evans, Julio, Woods fit your build nicely, probably can wait.

You're going to have to sacrifice one position, its going to be TE for you. Missing out on Waller, Kelce, and Kittle, means you should just wait a bit and see what falls to you.

My mind is pulling me so many ways. At 6.5 I like the idea of C. Carson, Tua, M. Evans, Andrews. Love holding the RB Market with 5 Starters on my team if I go Carson, can near demand a king ransom or have luxury bench.
Lets start with Carson, value i think is fine, but don't draft him with intention of trading him. In my experience, trades in the first year are not nearly as common as in future years. Additionally, just because you can demand a king's ransom doesn't mean someone else won't demand less.

Tua would be a nice asset with Rodgers, Evans will give me a very dynamite punch at WR. Andrews is the last top tier TE I trust.
I agree with you with Evans. The rest not so much. Look I like Tua, but I don't have a ton of confidence that he will put up QB1 numbers this year. I think Brady, Stafford, and Cousins could (Brady and Stafford more so than cousins). You have RBs, they are short term assetts, you need to be looking at a 1-2 year window, not a 3-5 year window that tua may give you.

Now for the cons, don't need Carson especially with age. Tua is a bit risky when I feel like I am guaranteed to get Cousins, Stafford, Brady to partner with D. Jones if I go QB, QB at 6.12 and 7.1
I'd rather get Stafford and Brady at 6.05 and 6.12 instead of waiting for 6.06 - 6.11 to pick. In fact, what QBs do those teams have? its possible that none of your QB targets could be there at 6.12.

For how much I like the idea of Evans, I dont rate Woods, Julio, Lockett, Kupp , that much different in my rankings this year, not to mention I could go youth.
You don't want youth necessarily. Don't get me wrong I'd love to also pick up some young WRs but I think you need to be looking at the Moores, Marshall range more than the Smith/Waddle range. I also would rather have Woods and Julio over Lockett and Kupp pretty easily.

Andrews kinda worries me now that they have brought in WRs. I dont think Lamar will ever be a 4k thrower, so at best one player on that team will eat.
And thats why you should avoid Andrews. Plenty of other TEs available, he doens't provide the same upside that the top 3-4 TEs do.

First thing to do, take a look at the guys drafting after you. What are their needs? Do they all need QBs? Get a QB at 6.05 and go with Stafford or Brady. If 2-3 of the teams alreayd have 2 QBs, well then you can take the chance and get someone like Evans, then go QB/QB at 6.12/7.01. Also are any of the other teams going heavy on youth and would pass on older QBs?

I don't think there is anything wrong with building a win now team, the goal is to win championships after all. But if you are building a win now team, you should stay consistent. You want to pair up your RBs with Quality QBs who can put up numbers while sacrificing age. Same with WR. What you dont want to do is suddenly say hey I want to pair all those guys I already drafted with a bunch of rookie QBs and WRs.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Mon May 24, 2021 8:25 am

SStory93 wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:22 am
Generic Username wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:20 am I think QB has to be the 1st pick, after that I’d probably do M Andrews and another QB with the back-to-back picks
What QB? Only one that I think would go where I am feeling like I missed would be TUA.
I’d personally be taking Tua...I get the arguments for Stafford, but I’d rather have the younger guy

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 24, 2021 8:31 am

SStory93 wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am Typo, its 0.5 ppr for RBs.
ah, too bad, it would have been funny.
SStory93 wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:15 am You don't like Danny Dimes? Wheres the Tom Brady love? Stafford has what 3-4 yrs left at best. TB has 2 in him still.
i'd say stafford has 3-4 years at the least, he's 33. brady has a 2 years contract, and while i am starting to think that he's an alien and will play until he's 50, he might still fall off the famous cliff. but that's not the point, he just goes later in drafts, for what i've seen. but yeah, i'd have him over cousins actually.

and no, i don't like jones, turnover machine, bad offense, poor management, and can't run 80 yards without falling over. more likely than not to be a backup soon, for me.

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:46 am

abloom wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 am I don't normally do this because I am pretty confident in my picks, but I need some input guys.

12 Team 1 pt PPR TE PREM, -0.5 PPR RB only, 0.25 per carry

So I'm assuming this means 2PPR for TE, 1PPR for WR, 0.5PPR for RB?

Team:
WR:
TE:
SF:

Well you have certainly drafted a win now team given the RBs and QB you've drafted. VERY CONCERNED THAT YOU HAVEN'T ADDRESSED SF POSITION AND THAT A RODGERS IS YOUR ONLY QB ATM.

Available:

I think you need to get atleast one (if not two) of Stafford, Brady, and Cousins.

You have enough RBs, but Carson is interesting at this point. The rest, I'd rather see them fall more.

Evans, Julio, Woods fit your build nicely, probably can wait.

You're going to have to sacrifice one position, its going to be TE for you. Missing out on Waller, Kelce, and Kittle, means you should just wait a bit and see what falls to you.

My mind is pulling me so many ways. At 6.5 I like the idea of C. Carson, Tua, M. Evans, Andrews. Love holding the RB Market with 5 Starters on my team if I go Carson, can near demand a king ransom or have luxury bench.
Lets start with Carson, value i think is fine, but don't draft him with intention of trading him. In my experience, trades in the first year are not nearly as common as in future years. Additionally, just because you can demand a king's ransom doesn't mean someone else won't demand less.

Tua would be a nice asset with Rodgers, Evans will give me a very dynamite punch at WR. Andrews is the last top tier TE I trust.
I agree with you with Evans. The rest not so much. Look I like Tua, but I don't have a ton of confidence that he will put up QB1 numbers this year. I think Brady, Stafford, and Cousins could (Brady and Stafford more so than cousins). You have RBs, they are short term assetts, you need to be looking at a 1-2 year window, not a 3-5 year window that tua may give you.

Now for the cons, don't need Carson especially with age. Tua is a bit risky when I feel like I am guaranteed to get Cousins, Stafford, Brady to partner with D. Jones if I go QB, QB at 6.12 and 7.1
I'd rather get Stafford and Brady at 6.05 and 6.12 instead of waiting for 6.06 - 6.11 to pick. In fact, what QBs do those teams have? its possible that none of your QB targets could be there at 6.12.

For how much I like the idea of Evans, I dont rate Woods, Julio, Lockett, Kupp , that much different in my rankings this year, not to mention I could go youth.
You don't want youth necessarily. Don't get me wrong I'd love to also pick up some young WRs but I think you need to be looking at the Moores, Marshall range more than the Smith/Waddle range. I also would rather have Woods and Julio over Lockett and Kupp pretty easily.

Andrews kinda worries me now that they have brought in WRs. I dont think Lamar will ever be a 4k thrower, so at best one player on that team will eat.
And thats why you should avoid Andrews. Plenty of other TEs available, he doens't provide the same upside that the top 3-4 TEs do.

First thing to do, take a look at the guys drafting after you. What are their needs? Do they all need QBs? Get a QB at 6.05 and go with Stafford or Brady. If 2-3 of the teams alreayd have 2 QBs, well then you can take the chance and get someone like Evans, then go QB/QB at 6.12/7.01. Also are any of the other teams going heavy on youth and would pass on older QBs?

I don't think there is anything wrong with building a win now team, the goal is to win championships after all. But if you are building a win now team, you should stay consistent. You want to pair up your RBs with Quality QBs who can put up numbers while sacrificing age. Same with WR. What you dont want to do is suddenly say hey I want to pair all those guys I already drafted with a bunch of rookie QBs and WRs.
Always love your posts, so damn detail. Its only 1.5 TE Prem. Thank you for the clarity.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon May 24, 2021 8:48 am

SStory93 wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:46 am Always love your posts, so damn detail. Its only 1.5 TE Prem. Thank you for the clarity.
Happy to help. If TEP is only 1.50 then I definitely wouldn't even bother with Andrews.

Out of curiosity could you post your trades you've made. Would love to see what you have moved to assemble this team so far.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:59 am

abloom wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:48 am
SStory93 wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:46 am Always love your posts, so damn detail. Its only 1.5 TE Prem. Thank you for the clarity.
Happy to help. If TEP is only 1.50 then I definitely wouldn't even bother with Andrews.

Out of curiosity could you post your trades you've made. Would love to see what you have moved to assemble this team so far.
Without a doubt.

1.01 for 1.6 and a 2022 1st.
1.6 and 8.12 for 1.12 and 6.01
3.01 for 4.05 and 6.05
4.12 and 2022 2nd for 3.11
20221st and 10.12 for 5.04
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 24, 2021 9:05 am

nice trades overall!

i thought the TE premium was one full point as well. with only half a point, i would have still taken hockenson (i can see him jump in the stud tier), but would take someone else over andrews. probably evans, but if going WR after your 2 favourite QBs, might as well try to trade back.

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:20 am

killer_of_giants wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 9:05 am nice trades overall!

i thought the TE premium was one full point as well. with only half a point, i would have still taken hockenson (i can see him jump in the stud tier), but would take someone else over andrews. probably evans, but if going WR after your 2 favourite QBs, might as well try to trade back.
Hock was the guy I wanted, but went just the pick before..... happened with Waller as well. Where the guy before me had two picks in a row and went Pitts, Waller. So I gladly scooped Aaron Rodgers.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon May 24, 2021 9:24 am

SStory93 wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:59 am
abloom wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 8:48 am

Without a doubt.

1.01 for 1.6 and a 2022 1st.
1.6 and 8.12 for 1.12 and 6.01
3.01 for 4.05 and 6.05
4.12 and 2022 2nd for 3.11
20221st and 10.12 for 5.04

Great trades! Thanks for them.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan