Team Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Team Advice

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 am

Just got done with my first ever dynasty draft. I am fairly new to fantasy as well. I definitely see a few issues on my roster. I was hoping I could get some thoughts and advice on building my team going forward.

Dynasty PPR 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3WRT

QB: Trevor Lawrence, Carson Wentz, Mac Jones
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Cam Akers, Kareem Hunt, Jamaal Williams, Darell Henderson, Jeff Wilson, Benny Snell
WR: Allen Robinson, Devonta Smith, Robby Anderson, Curtis Samuel, Nelson Agholor, Denzel Mims, Amonra St. Brown, Quintez Cephus, Dwayne Eskridge, Trequan Smith, Cornell Powell, Nico Collins
TE: Robert Tonyan, Cole Kmet, Tre Mckitty

bennythedog93
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Team Advice

Postby bennythedog93 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:23 am

Looks pretty good.

I’d let i’d play out and hope one of your vet WRs starts out strong, then I’d try to flip ‘em for a RB.
PW league - 10 tm Dynasty league-Roster/Keep 28 - Pass:1/20 3pt TD; Run/Rec:1/10 6pt TD; no ppr; no neg pts
st:1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 d, no flex
QB - TLaw, Tua, JimmyG
RB - Chubb, Javonte, Perine, Jaleel, BRob, Moss, Bigsby, RoJo (Chi), Tucker, C-Rod, Chase, Spiller, Zamir
WR - Addison, Godwin, Nico, Gabe, Zay Jones, Mooney, Hyatt, Tillman
TE - Kincaid, Kraft
PK -Tucker
Def - 49ers
Picks: 2024 - 1-7, add’l 3rd; 2025 - 1-7

E league - 14 team-can keep up to 9 but keeper round moves up 1 each year, no 1st or 2nd round players can be kept; number is parens = next year’s keeper round; * = player was kept for 2023
Pass 1/20, 4pt TD, Run/Rec 1/10, 6pt TD, 1ppr, Fum/Int = -1, other scoring is pretty regular
QB - Jimmy G(*16), Purdy(*9), Stafford(12)
RB - D-Mont, AJ Dillon, Lenny(17), Carter (19), D’Onta(9), P Taylor
WR - JJeff(3), Adams(*4), Godwin(*8), MWill(*5), OBJ(*13), Woods, Hyatt(10), Tillman(18)
TE - PatF(6), Mayer(10)
PK - Moody
Def - TBB

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Tue May 18, 2021 7:41 am

Welcome to the forum!
With 3WRT slots, roster depth is at a premium. And the best way to build depth in dynasty is through the WR room. Currently you're pretty thin there, esp at the top. ARob may give you WR1 numbers, but the rest of the guys are WR3 types or worse. If you want to compete out of the gate, I'd be tempted to cash in on Devonta's hype and grab someone like D. Johnson or Sutton. You have plenty of 2021 WR rooks behind Smith (Eskridge, Nico, St Brown, Powell) and can afford the move.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue May 18, 2021 7:46 am

Welcome to the community!

Overall, You have some really solid building blocks in place. The starting requirements are pretty large and I think depth and your WR core will be issues early, but again you have some nice pieces in place for down the road. I would not do much now unless you get a couple good offers for Anderson or Samuel that may help long term. Otherwise, see how your team comes out the first few weeks. As is, Lawrence, Taylor, Akers, Robinson and Smith are solid assets to build around.