Godwin v 1.02

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Re: Godwin v 1.02

Postby Zhoward88 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:27 am

Godwin has only missed 4-6 games in his career and still only has (1) 1000 yard season and that was with chuck it Winston. Brady is much more efficient and spreads the ball. Godwin is good, and still worthy of fantasy relevance and trades but let’s be real and look at the writing on the wall. The following year he might have Kyle trask as his QB and will be 26 with average stats. It’s ok to move on from high hopes for a player. Better to do it one year before it’s obvious. Get the 21 year “nations top WR” in 2019 paired with burrow. It’s just the savvy move here.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue May 18, 2021 7:43 am

Zhoward88 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:24 am
thebeast wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:00 am Geez, talk about rolling the dice. For me it would be Godwin easily. I'll take the proven producer who is still young vs potential. We have seen too many "top talent" receivers flame out and not live up to expectations for me to even consider trading a top WR for a maybe top WR.
Huh? In dynasty I’d take chase over Godwin 10/10 times. Worst case you could trade chase for more than Godwin immediately. This time next year it’s very likely Godwin is in the juju funk. We know he’s good but owners won’t dish anything out for him after another 700-800 yard, 5-6 td season. In every league I’m in Godwin is already on the trade block and no one is biting. He’s just a good player. Not a great fantasy asset.
Godwin had 840 yards and 7 tds in just 12 games last year. He is 25 and has performed well with 2 QBs now. Go ahead take the rookie who enters a crowded WR corp and hasn't established a role yet. Yeah, I get the QB connection, but Burrow has formed connections with actual NFL receivers on the Bengals as well. Please go back and look at the top WRs taken over the years and how they have performed, and the top WRs taken in dynasty and how they have done, there are a lot of misses at the top. :wall:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue May 18, 2021 8:23 am

thebeast wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:43 am
thebeast wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:00 am Geez, talk about rolling the dice. For me it would be Godwin easily. I'll take the proven producer who is still young vs potential. We have seen too many "top talent" receivers flame out and not live up to expectations for me to even consider trading a top WR for a maybe top WR.
Huh? In dynasty I’d take chase over Godwin 10/10 times. Worst case you could trade chase for more than Godwin immediately. This time next year it’s very likely Godwin is in the juju funk. We know he’s good but owners won’t dish anything out for him after another 700-800 yard, 5-6 td season. In every league I’m in Godwin is already on the trade block and no one is biting. He’s just a good player. Not a great fantasy asset.
Godwin had 840 yards and 7 tds in just 12 games last year. He is 25 and has performed well with 2 QBs now. Go ahead take the rookie who enters a crowded WR corp and hasn't established a role yet. Yeah, I get the QB connection, but Burrow has formed connections with actual NFL receivers on the Bengals as well. Please go back and look at the top WRs taken over the years and how they have performed, and the top WRs taken in dynasty and how they have done, there are a lot of misses at the top. :wall:
Chase is not your normal WR prospect. If you odn't get him via the draft, you won't be owning him
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

24FlavorsofFun
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 24FlavorsofFun » Tue May 18, 2021 8:56 am

Given his roster and yours I'm either keeping 1.02 or squeezing him for more since he is making the offer.
Fig Newtons - 12 team superflex .5 ppr, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, Flex, SF
QB - Dak, Brissett, Purdy
RB - Najee, Swift, J.Robinson, D.Henderson, McKinnon,
WR - M.Thomas, D.Hop, DJ Moore, Miller, G.Davis, MVS
TE - Kittle, Gesicki, Hockenson
Picks: 2023 - 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

Young Newts - 14 team .25 ppr Superflex, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, wr/rb, OP
QB - Allen, Wilson, Cousins
RB - Chubb, L.Bell, Ingram, K.Johnson, Mack, T.Coleman
WR - M.Thomas, OBJ, Woods, Moore, Godwin, R.Anderson
TE - Gesicki, Witten, Irv
Picks: 2022 - 3, 4, 5

DirkaDirka - 12 team PPR Superflex
QB: Mayfield, Allen, M.Ryan, Bridgewater, Mond
RB: Mixon, Swift, Sanders, Ekeler, DJ, Kerryon
WR: Tyreek, A.Cooper, D.Adams, A-Rob, C.Davis, P.Williams, V.Jefferson, Duverney
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Hollister
2022: All picks

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue May 18, 2021 9:21 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:23 am
thebeast wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:43 am

Chase is not your normal WR prospect. If you odn't get him via the draft, you won't be owning him
There's no doubt that he looks like a good prospect, but he's just that. Plenty of "generational" WR talent who were regarded in higher esteem than Chase failed to translate their game to the NFL level. There are no guarantees with rookies. I have seen a 25 year old Godwin put together very good back to back seasons despite a QB change and believe the sure production that he will provide you is worth more than the risk of some additional upside because the downside is far greater. Making trades like this is how you set your team back.

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:21 am

If you’re not set on chase and comfortable rolling with him over Godwin, but still trying to improve your roster....you could also consider taking chase at 1.2 and trading him. You could absolutely get more for chase before the season than Godwin. At least in all 5 of my leagues I could. Or....take najee/ETN and have the RB scarcity value on your side. I’m just to the point where I’m comfortable moving on from Godwin. He’s not going to make me regret getting youth/value for him imo.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

Kicker- koo

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:22 am

At the very least I’d be looking for different piece than Godwin if you’re not gonna use the pick.

QBs- Dak P

Kicker- koo

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 19, 2021 7:30 am

thebeast wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:21 am
There's no doubt that he looks like a good prospect, but he's just that. Plenty of "generational" WR talent who were regarded in higher esteem than Chase failed to translate their game to the NFL level.
Not trying to be snide, but can you point to a single WR prospect as well highly thought of as Chase that didn't succeed? For that matter a WR prospect held in higher esteem than Chase not named Calvin Johnson? I get your overall point about rookies haven't proven it yet, and he is no guarantee, but he's as good as a bet that we have seen in 15+ years. Godwin is a fine piece on your roster, but no more at this point.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Wed May 19, 2021 9:28 am

I’d much rather have Chase than Godwin but I wouldn’t assume he’ll be there at 1.02. He’s easily the 1.01 in this class for me.

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Wed May 19, 2021 10:22 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:30 am
thebeast wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:21 am
There's no doubt that he looks like a good prospect, but he's just that. Plenty of "generational" WR talent who were regarded in higher esteem than Chase failed to translate their game to the NFL level.
Not trying to be snide, but can you point to a single WR prospect as well highly thought of as Chase that didn't succeed? For that matter a WR prospect held in higher esteem than Chase not named Calvin Johnson? I get your overall point about rookies haven't proven it yet, and he is no guarantee, but he's as good as a bet that we have seen in 15+ years. Godwin is a fine piece on your roster, but no more at this point.
Sammy Watkins, Tavon Austin, Cordarelle Patterson, Kevin White, The entire 2016 WR 1st round draft class (Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, S. Shephard), N'Keal Harry to name just a few. Dont even get me started on all the misses in rookie RB's.

As a Godwin owner this post has been thinking about floating some trade offers for him. That said its easy to find highly regarded talent that I would be pumped to have put out Godwin's #'s
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04