Team Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Frazier33
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Team Advice

Postby Frazier33 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:36 am

Recently had our preseason draft in my 2 QB/SF dynasty league that has 10 owners. I came away with Ja’Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Mac Jones, Rashod Bateman, Trey Sermon, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Pat Freiermuth, Gabe Davis, Kenneth Gainwell, and Tyler Higbee. My current roster is as follows.....

QB: Jared Goff, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo, Mac Jones

RB: Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, Trey Sermon, Kenneth Gainwell

WR: Tyreek Hill, Ja’Marr Chase, Brandon Aiyuk, DJ Chark, DeVonta Smith, Rashod Bateman, Michael Pittman, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Gabe Davis, Darius Slayton, Randall Cobb

TE: TJ Hockenson, Tyler Higbee, Pat Freiermuth, Cole Kmet, OJ Howard

K: Will Lutz, Ka’imi Fairbairn

DEF: Bills, Broncos, Eagles

I have some ideas for improving my team before the season. Curious to hear any thoughts or ideas on the current state of my roster and what and I may want/need to do to push towards a championship. I have all 10 (1st-10th) of my 2022 draft picks intact. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team Advice

Postby Gator Sens » Sun May 16, 2021 9:41 am

Your QB core long term is your biggest area go improve, but you should get decent points this year. Outside of that, I would be interested to see how this team comes together in the first few weeks. What were your plans to improve? I think you had a really solid draft with some big upside pieces and potential for next year.

Frazier33
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Frazier33 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:23 pm

My plan was to target a top young QB. I mentioned in another post I was offered DJ Moore + 2nd & 3rd for Bateman so I’ll have extra draft capital to aim high. Was thinking somebody like Allen, Wilson, or even Watson if his legal troubles get straightened out. I’m not comfortable with my QB situation at all, but outside of QB I feel pretty good.

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Sun May 16, 2021 2:43 pm

Other than QB it’s a very nice team. Ryan likely only has a few years left and Jimmy, if he isn’t traded or hurt again, will lose his job to Lance soon.
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

Frazier33
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Frazier33 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:44 pm

I agree. I was targeting fields and Wilson in the draft, but we had a quick run on QB which is why I ended up so deep with rookie WR. I’m hoping for a bounce back year from Matt Ryan considering the amount of weapons he has. Don’t expect a ton out of Goff either which is why I am thinking of aiming for a big fish at QB. Don’t like what I see out of next years QB class either so I am comfortable trading draft picks for a top QB now. Hopefully it’s the correct choice.