Trade For Hopkins?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Ericpritch5
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Trade For Hopkins?

Postby Ericpritch5 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am

Hey everyone. Recently went through a giant rebuild and sold the farm a couple years ago to acquire 8 (!) first round picks last year, and I also have the 1.3,1.6,1.12,2.3 and 2.6 this year.

Given the success of last years draft class, I’m sitting in a great position moving forward. Outside of the top few picks this year, I’m overall down on this years class compared to last, so I am considering the below trade:

Give: 1.3,1.6, and 2.3
Get: Deandre Hopkins, Josh Allen, and his 1.8

The trade is pretty even on the DLF trade calc, and I’m leaning towards taking it. The only regret I have is potentially missing out on Pitts, but I have fant already anyways.

Thoughts?

My Teams core players (1QB league)
QB: Stafford and Goff
RB - Sanders, JK Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor
WR - Ceedee Lamb, Jeudy, Justin Jefferson, Curtis Samuel, Gallup, Reagor, Pittman
TE: Fant and Ian Thomas

Thanks!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Trade For Hopkins?

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 13, 2021 10:10 am

Allen is a nice young QB to add moving forward but you are also buying him at his peak value. Hopkins does not fit your overall build very well and while he could remain elite for a couple more years to come, his value has already dipped a fair amount. Having two picks in the top six keeps you in the elite tier with both picks. I can see this deal both ways and while I think this helps you overall, it seems pricey to me. The 1.08 coming back helps, but that is outside the elite tier. Pretty torn here...

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Hopkins side.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

punintended
Starter
Starter

Postby punintended » Thu May 13, 2021 1:49 pm

ehh.. in 1 QB might lean to hopkins but getting Chase/Harris/Pitts and moving up two spots might be worth it. Josh Allen is not just a Throw in QB either...tough call. hopkins side i think,