#5 for package - worth it?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

#5 for package - worth it?

Postby thebadferret » Wed May 12, 2021 9:24 am

Hey,

we are close to our rookie draft and I have pick #5, #9, #17 and #64. It's a 16 team idp ppr league (see my team signature). I got #5 in a deal a while back with the idea of drafting Pitts. Although I can not be 100% sure that I will get Pitts with it, I thought it was the perfect spot because you got an elite talent guranteed (and it was a good deal).

As you can see my roster is stacked and it was only due to CMC and Saquon injuries that I couldn't do a run last year. I am the favorite for the ring this year (by far I would say). There are two other teams who have very good starters but aren't as deep as me (especiallly on RB).
On of those teams cantacted me and offered me the following for #5 (only for the case one of the top3 RBs is available at #5)

I would give:
#5 and Deion Jones
I would get:
in '21 #16, #30, #32 and in '22 a first and a second (bot probably late) + Devin White.

The picks are nice, but what really catches me is Devin White. He is the #1 defensive player overall and combined with my Roquan Smith I would have the best LBs imaginable.
On the other hand I probably lose all chance to get Pitts (I'm quite sure he makes it to 5 even with one of the RBs Harris/ETN/Chase/Lawrence are what will probably happpen) and I reallly really want him. There could be the chance to trade back up from 9, but #6 is an asslhole and pick #7 and #8 are in my division and would rather die then help me. TE is also my weakest position even though I'm high on Trautman.
Also I woiuld strengthen one of my two main competetors.

Would you do that or take the elite talent and run.

Small disclaimer: I don't really like Smith or Waddle and only if Chase would fall I would consider not taking Pitts.

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Re: #5 for package - worth it?

Postby tsarpepe » Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 am

That's quite a package! Given your feelings about the players available at #5, I'd take it without hesitation.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: #5 for package - worth it?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 12, 2021 9:34 am

Nice value overall if you are not sold on certain prospects that could be available at the 1.05. White is a monster piece in IDP I would imagine.