Sell the farm for T Law?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
treble83
Starter
Starter

Sell the farm for T Law?

Postby treble83 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:42 pm

For the Lannister Lions (in sig), do I offer my 1.03 and 2022 1st for 1.01 (Trevor Lawrence)? It's SF and BB... This will be my first year playing in a league like this so I'm feeling a bit out of my elements TBH.
Team One:
2QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, PK, DEF 10 Team
QB: J. Garoppolo, R. Tannehill, R. Wilson, T. Tagavaiola
RB: S. Barkley, T. Charbonnet, A. Ekeler, K. Gainwell, D. Henry, A. Kamara, J. Kelley, D. Montgomery, S. Perine
WR: G. Davis, I. Hodgins, D. Hopkins, C. Kupp, K. Raymond, A. St Brown, A. Thielen, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: M. Andrews, G. Everett, D. Knox, D. Schultz, D. Waller
TAXI:T. Chandler, E. Dotson, J. McLaughlin, D. Ridder

Team Two:
0-2QB, 8-10 FLEX 12 Team
QB: J. Fields, W. Levis, M. Stafford, T. Taylor
RB: T. Allgeier, S. Barkley, T. Bigsby, T. Etienne, Z. Evans, R. Mostert, I. Pacheco, M. Sanders
WR: B. Cooks, G. Davis, V. Jefferson, T. McLaurin, J. Meyers, D.J. Moore, D. Parker, B. Powell, J. Reynolds, L. Shenault, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: J. Smith, D. Waller

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Sell the farm for T Law?

Postby collbey » Tue May 11, 2021 10:10 pm

It is probably what it would take but I don't like it. Lance and Fields could be studs and there are great non QB options at the 3 pick, especially in TE Premium.

CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Wed May 12, 2021 3:15 am

Looking at your roster I wouldn't make that trade. I'd take either Fields or Lance and keep next year's first to help your rebuild. I'd also trade anyone of value like Cousins/Mixon/NUK as I don't see you competing this year (no offense) and bottom out so you can build up the roster with the 2022 draft. You need as many picks as possible.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Wed May 12, 2021 4:45 am

you can't do that....you need talent...and lots of it....your Rb's are in trouble....and your top 3 wr's are aging out.....Take the Qb @ 1.03.....hoping it's Lance....since you have Jimmy...Then agree start trading away, Hop, Evans, Thielen and go young......get picks next year.....with no 2-4th this year...you will be getting replacement level guys with the rest of your picks.
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed May 12, 2021 4:55 am

Nope you shouldn't do that.

(1) please organize signature from best to worst players at positions instead of alphabetically by last night.
(2) you are a significant amount of pieces away from being competitive in a BB, you can't afford to give up your future firsts to consolidate for one player. stay at 1.03 and draft BPA.
(3) you need a full rebuild. Sell literally everyone and get young WRs with potential and draft picks in 2022 and beyond (its likely too late for 2021)
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 12, 2021 6:58 am

Piling on, based on your build I would hold and keeping building and adding through the draft. Hold what you have here.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed May 12, 2021 8:18 am

Just wanted to give you a big thanks for reorganizing your sig. More detailed analysis below:

Lannister Lions
12 Teams ~ 35 Man Rosters (SF, TE Premium, Best Ball, $)
Starters: 10. QB: 1-2 - RB: 1-5 - WR: 1-6 - TE: 1-4

Not really sure what you mean by the $ but I'll just assume its a money league?

QB: K. Cousins, J. Garoppolo, J. Winston
Rough group here. 2021 is probably a slightly below average group, but I don't think Jimmy G is a starter in 2022 and Winston, if he can't fix his INT problems is going to find himself on a bench too I think. With Vikings drafting Mond I think the end is nearing for Cousins there, and then who knows where he ends up.

RB: J. Mixon, T. Cohen. T. Coleman, P. Laird, L. McCoy, D. Thompson, J. Williams
Mixon and then nothing. I liked Cohen prior to them signing Damien Williams. Jamaal Williams (I assume is J Williams) is an interesting player. I don't mind him at end of bench but he shouldn't be a starter. I would try to sell him to the Swift owner, but if you can't work anything out, hold onto him and if Swift gets hurt sell then.

WR: D. Hopkins, M. Evans, A. Thielen, D. Duvernay, V. Jefferson, D. Parker, H. Renfrow, D. Robinson, W. Snead, G. Ward, J. Washington, D. Westbrook
3 good aging WRs and then a bunch of junk.

TE: M. Andrews, C. Brate, G. Everett, J. Sprinkle
Andrews is a starter, Everett and Sprinkle are interesting, but just dart throws.

Picks: 1.03, 4.12, 5.04, 6.04, 6.09. 2022 R1-R6.
Wish you had more 2021 picks, too late for that now. time to start keeping your future picks.

Overall:
You have probably 7 starters for a 10 starter league, not to mention its bestball, you need depth there and while you have lots of other players they aren't high upside players. You have a lot of work here, but I think you need to completely tear this team down. I would target 2022 picks right now, as 2021 picks are likely to be expensive. 1.03 I would take your favorite remaining QB.

Players to sell:
Cousins: a 2022 1st + a little something should be doable (early 2021 2nd woudl be ideal, 2022 2nd and 2022 3rd would be okayish).
Jimmy G: Hold him for now, sell him at beginning of season when it becomes apparent that he should be the starter to begin the season. Aiming for a 2022 1st from a contender (ie late 1st). If you can't get a first, do something like Jimmy G + your 2022 2nd for 2022 1st + 2022 2nd. Basically a 2nd and a small upgrade from 2nd to 1st.
Winston: I'd look to move him now. There is always a chance that Hill is the starter or that Winston keeps throwing INTs. again, going for a 2022 first. I'm okay holding him a bit and seeing if he'll be named starter since you can probably get some more value at that point, but if you are risk adverse selling now is probably fine.

Mixon:
Sell sell sell. Again looking for a 1st.

WRs:
Hopkins: He should net you 2 firsts but I doubt that happens. Unfortunately he's just too "old". Again looking for a 2022 1st and something else here. Maybe a young WR with potential (think early 2021 2nd WR)
Evans: See Hopkins but I doubt you can get 2 firsts even more.
Theilin: Haven't seen values for him, but I'm assuming its 1 first or early 2nd. 2022 1sts may be easier to get here.

TE:
Andrews: Whatever you can get for him.

So ideally you are looking at about 5-6 1sts and a little more I think. Next year you focus on QB and WR and trade some of the picks for 2023 picks.

Best of luck, with some hard effort in a few years you will be able to say "Hear us roar"
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

treble83
Starter
Starter

Postby treble83 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:37 am

So I wound up selling Winston for 2.13 and a '22 3rd. Then turned around and traded Thielen and that 3rd for Sam Darnold. With the 1.03, I selected Kyle Pitts. I just don't have a lot of faith in this years rookie QB's after T-Law.

Zach Wilson could be great but the Jets make me nervous. Clearly, I've put a lot of the blame for Sam Darnold's struggles on them. Lance made a ton of sense and was 2nd on my list but if Pitts hits like Kittle or Waller, he'll be worth it.
Team One:
2QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, PK, DEF 10 Team
QB: J. Garoppolo, R. Tannehill, R. Wilson, T. Tagavaiola
RB: S. Barkley, T. Charbonnet, A. Ekeler, K. Gainwell, D. Henry, A. Kamara, J. Kelley, D. Montgomery, S. Perine
WR: G. Davis, I. Hodgins, D. Hopkins, C. Kupp, K. Raymond, A. St Brown, A. Thielen, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: M. Andrews, G. Everett, D. Knox, D. Schultz, D. Waller
TAXI:T. Chandler, E. Dotson, J. McLaughlin, D. Ridder

Team Two:
0-2QB, 8-10 FLEX 12 Team
QB: J. Fields, W. Levis, M. Stafford, T. Taylor
RB: T. Allgeier, S. Barkley, T. Bigsby, T. Etienne, Z. Evans, R. Mostert, I. Pacheco, M. Sanders
WR: B. Cooks, G. Davis, V. Jefferson, T. McLaurin, J. Meyers, D.J. Moore, D. Parker, B. Powell, J. Reynolds, L. Shenault, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: J. Smith, D. Waller