AJB+ vs Etienne+Mclaurin

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

AJB+ vs Etienne+Mclaurin

Postby SkinZ187 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:41 pm

10 team ppr, MUST start 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE league.

AJ Brown + Mike Davis + 2022 2nd + Bryan Edwards

vs

Mclaurin + Etienne

how far off is this in value?

important note ... both sides will be viewing this thread and we might make the deal if the consensus feels this is a pretty even deal.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: AJB+ vs Etienne+Mclaurin

Postby Gator Sens » Tue May 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Value is pretty close overall with the potential of Etienne. Brown is the best piece, but the secondary piece/pieces are on the Etienne side. Preference, but I prefer Brown + solely because of Brown.

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Tue May 11, 2021 6:56 pm

AJB>Terry slightly
And
ETN> Mike Davis,2nd, Edwards.

Only way I can see moving on from AJB is if you really believe in Etienne.

Team need would help me decide this better.
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:47 pm

to add some context to the situation, the team receiving AJB is in a rebuild and a very very young team... the team getting etienne / mclaurin side is a compete now team that also owns James Robinson.

AJB being a couple years younger than Mclaurin weighs into this.

Mike Davis would just be flipped to another team netting the rebuilding team some more draft capital.

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:31 pm

Despite the AJB side getting Mike Davis, I think that side is the one I'd prefer but not by a lot. Mike Davis should be a really solid RB that a contender should easily pay a future first for (if he produces consistently like I think, and because you must start 3rbs) so I in my mind I'd be looking at it like Ajb and a first, second, and a decent prospect in Edwards. I can see the contending team wanting Etienne because of Robinson, but I don't think the deal will net you more ppg, because I don't see Etienne having a large enough role consistently to outscore Davis in 2021, and starting Jrob and Etienne would probably be a low ceiling play. Jax rushed the fewest times in the league if I remember correctly. Of course they're due for a decent amount of positive regression but who knows. Ramblin, but just some thoughts on the trade.