Tannehill sell now?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Tannehill sell now?

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:37 pm

I am worried about Tannehill. The wideouts the Titans took in the 4th round and beyond do not inspire confidence, nor does Josh Reynolds or Firkser ...

He just had a career high 40 TD season (33 passing/7 rushing) that just screams regression.

What rookie or current QBs would you target in trade to move R. Tannehill?

My league discounts passing TDs from 6 to 4 pts so rushing QBs are more valuable.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tannehill sell now?

Postby Gator Sens » Sat May 08, 2021 1:17 pm

In a 16 team SF format, I would be looking at the top QBs outside of Lawrence in this class. Fields, Wilson or Lance. Given the large team format, I feel Tannehill is very valuable. I certainly would not sell low.

Indyfan1985
Starter
Starter

Postby Indyfan1985 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:04 pm

I would sell him. I fully believe he will regress this year with losing OC Arthur Smith who helped resurrect his career along with losing both Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith and not replacing either player.
2 QB PPR 10 Team League

2018 Champ, 2019 Champ

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert
WR - Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill
RB - Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor
TE - George Kittle
Flex - Joe Mixon, Ceedee Lamb

Notable Bench Players - AJ Dillon, Kareem Hunt, Michael Thomas, OBJ, Calvin Ridley, Diontae Johnson, Brandon Aiyuk, Darnell Mooney, Elijah Moore, Teddy Bridgewater, Trey Lance, Kyle Pitts, Isaiah Spiller

2023 Draft picks - 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2

2 QB, 2 TE PPR 8 Team League

QB - Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
WR - Stefon Diggs, Jamar Chase
RB - CMC, Jonathan Taylor
TE - TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert
Flex - AJ Brown, DJ Moore , De'Andre Swift

Notable Bench Players - Nyheim Hines, Keenan Allen, Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, Calvin Ridley, Michael Pittman Jr, Darnell Mooney, Kadarius Toney, Baker Mayfield, Trey Lance, Davis Mills, Noah Fant, Evan Engram

2022 Draft picks - 2, 3
2023 Draft picks - 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Problem is I don't know to sell him for. I have the top 4 rookie QBs ahead of him, but I really on want Trey Lance. Lawrence is outta my price range. And Zach Wilson and Justin Fields I value more than Tannehill, but not by much. They carry a fair amount of risk because the Jets and Bears are crappy/average at best football teams. At least the Titans can move the ball with Henry and he 'could' still score 30+TDs between high pointing AJ Brown and running the dang ball in himself.

I am hoping to contend passed the first round of the playoffs this year; unlike last year. [There are tiered cash prizes to division winners and playoff wins.]

I have the same problem with Baker Mayfield and Tua - I value them higher, but again, not by much. Tua's unproven. I might try Baker Mayfield though. It's looking like the Browns are the favorites in the NFC North and he's been "good," almost great, with room to improve.

Stafford would be nice, but I would have to overpay the owner loves him.

I think I'm going to offer Tannehill while we're drafting. This is actually a 32 team 2 copy league. Once the first copy of Trey Lance goes I'll offer him for the next pick...

Or is Tannehill + my 22' 1st a lowball offer for Baker Mayfield?

Any thoughts appreciated

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat May 08, 2021 2:47 pm

I would really just prefer to hold

Was told to sell all last offseason and that regression was coming and the Titans were a fluke and caught lightning in a bottle

He just went out and did it again. You aren't going to get fair value back (and no Tanny+1st for Baker is not fair value)

KAT
Starter
Starter

Postby KAT » Sat May 08, 2021 3:37 pm

I had Tannehill, Baker, Lamar, and trey lance. I traded Baker and tannehill for Dak and Jordan love.

I love Dak. But It really hurt trading Tannehill. Dude has been a monster for the last 2 years.
12 team - Sflex PPR - TEP - Champion 2021-2022
Q(1-2)-Jackson, Dak, Lance, Love, Huntley
RB(2-4)-JT, Mixon, JK, Barkley
WR(3-5)-Chase, Hill, Diggs, Cooks, Hollywood, Aiyuk, Jeudy, T. Johnson, J. Washington, Reagor
TE(1-3)-Waller, Moreau, Tonyan
DL(3-4)- Burns, Davenport, Gregory
LB(3-4)-Kendricks, Okereke, JOK, Shaq, Bolton, Jamin, Gay
DB(3-4)-Dugger, Ryan, Amos, Deablo
2022 picks - none
2023 picks all of my own

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Sigh. Ok. He has been a solid option at QB. Looking back at his game log in my league the dude doesn't score less than 15 pts almost ever, many 20pters, a couple 30 pt games. The other copy of Tannehill was traded for the 1.15 (i.e. the 1.07) that's probably good for Zach Wilson. I don't think I'd do that deal.

I think Tannehill executes in a good system. He's an average QB to me i.e. not gonna win games alone, but not going to lose you many either.

Mike Vrabel is a good coach... can we trust the Titans organization. Not replacing Corey Davis and Jonnu adequately?? I just don't know. If anything were the happen to Henry that whole offense is dead.

I think I have to hold here... based on his floor. I'm just bummed the multiple 2, 3, 4 TD games are probably not going to be there this year like they were in 2020. The ceiling just feels way lower. That 33 passing TDs is looking more like 25 at best.

The limited upside is just an unfortunate outcome of free agency & the draft I guess. Hopefully he can retain performance with AJ Brown and maybe increase his rushing yds and TDs to make up for it.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun May 09, 2021 5:49 am

He's not going to fetch what he's worth. He's always going to be undervalued like Kirk Cousins, except hes got more rushing upside.

He's got the most dominant rusher in the game keeping defenses on the line. He's got one of the best WR in football to throw to. I'm not all that worried about losing Davis and Smith.