Improve my TE position?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Improve my TE position?

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:55 am

14 team ppr - Team finished 9-4 last year

QB - Allen, Stafford
RB - Cook, Sanders, Fournette, Cohen, Dallas, Guice, White, Boone
WR - Godwin, Thielen, Kupp, Hilton, MVS, Gage, Washington, Cephus
TE - Gesicki, Herdon, Moreau, Warring

Give: Gesicki/ 1.09 / Dallas
Get: Hock / 2.08 / 4.08

Do the deal to improve TE, plus I really like Hock, or hold the 1.09 and actually use it for some depth that a certainly could use.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Improve my TE position?

Postby Gator Sens » Sat May 08, 2021 7:57 am

If you view Hockenson as a solid weekly contributor, I dont think the value is bad in this class.

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:39 am

I think you need the depth piece more than the slight bump in TE production. Gesicki is in a pivotal year and showed pretty well the back stretch of last year with Tua. I think the rapport continues to build and should be opened up with Waddle on board too. I don't see their PPG being much different in 2021 to justify giving up that depth piece for your run ay the Ship.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:05 am

Bennyblanco22 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:39 am I think you need the depth piece more than the slight bump in TE production. Gesicki is in a pivotal year and showed pretty well the back stretch of last year with Tua. I think the rapport continues to build and should be opened up with Waddle on board too. I don't see their PPG being much different in 2021 to justify giving up that depth piece for your run ay the Ship.
When I think more about it, this is what I keep coming back too. That depth piece at 9 is much better than at 2.08, and I might really need that player at some point in the season
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10